NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 254 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Pharmacy in Pittsburgh was raided by the DEA.

Easythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Paichka View Post
    I am sure you are right @alumni. It would be difficult to truly diagnose a patient without a hands on examination. At the very least, teleconferencing would establish the appearance of a doctor/patient relationship and might appease the DEA. I really don't know. Certainly better than filling out a questionnaire online.
    I read something not so long ago that teleconferencing was going to be part of the medical process when the patient had the means [computer & camera] but could not physically get to the doctor's office. Personally I see absolutely nothing out of line with face to face through video camera. I mean what's any different from actually physically being in the room with the doctor, except it's "virtual" or "figurative", the outcome is what counts and teleconferencing would provide everything essential for a physician to make diagnosis.

Only thing, they couldn't thumb your back or hear your internals with their stethoscope. Patient could point to areas that hurt. Matter of fact, if the patient had a stethoscope, he/she could place the receiving end on his/her body and the earpiece on the microphone thereby allowing the doctor to listen.

Just a thought, not so far fetched, if it helps the patient with specific needs.
    Like Paichka liked this post

2. If I remember Torts correctly, there's no requirement that a doctor and physician meet face-to-face to form a patient/physician relationship for the purposes of malpractice liability, but courts typically need something more than a simple phone call to legally form the relationship. I don't know how, if at all, this translates over to writing prescriptions. Though with technology constantly improving, it seems sooner rather than later that a court will allow something like Skype to facilitate the legal formation of the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Easythunder View Post
    I read something not so long ago that teleconferencing was going to be part of the medical process when the patient had the means [computer & camera] but could not physically get to the doctor's office. Personally I see absolutely nothing out of line with face to face through video camera. I mean what's any different from actually physically being in the room with the doctor, except it's "virtual" or "figurative", the outcome is what counts and teleconferencing would provide everything essential for a physician to make diagnosis.

Only thing, they couldn't thumb your back or hear your internals with their stethoscope. Patient could point to areas that hurt. Matter of fact, if the patient had a stethoscope, he/she could place the receiving end on his/her body and the earpiece on the microphone thereby allowing the doctor to listen.

Just a thought, not so far fetched, if it helps the patient with specific needs.
    You are basically correct about how online doctor visits can be helpful.
    However, it has been specifically and legally defined that in order for this concept to be considered a valid one, there has to be an initial visit in-person.
    I have two physicians by whom I am currently being treated using Skype, one monthly and one quarterly.

4. It seems like bans are popping up all over the place, the DEA must be busy

5. Quote Originally Posted by Paichka View Post
    It was my understanding that emails would be sent out to customers with outstanding orders. Haven't heard anyone post on here about receiving one though and haven't had an update from my friend. It might be that they aren't ready to give out info yet. I don't know. I doubt those phone calls you received were from Troy. I did read @DT333 's message about those numbers being NY numbers. The thing is, I think that the affiliate program called Troy/TrustedOnline may be based in NY - not sure. The location of the pharmacy they used, also called Troy, is based in Pittsburgh. It is highly unlikely you would get a call from the actual pharmacy. Troy/TrustedOnline doesn't use call centers, so the calls were likely not from Troy.

I had the misfortune of having had placed an order right before this happened, and I never received an e-mail. I sure wish I had gotten it in a few days earlier. I was starting to wonder what was taking so long, and now I know why. Weirdly, on the 25th, I got another e-mail from them saying it was approved by the doctor (I had received that Monday). This sort of thing is really upsetting, for a number of reasons. I don't have the medication I now need. The pain is horrible, and it's very hard to get through long days at work. I am worried that I will have issues just quitting it now (and the small amount I have left won't allow for a decent taper). I am concerned the DEA will come knocking on all of our doors. The neurologist I saw charged me $500 for an appointment, which is why I ended up buying online because I just don't have that kind of money to go regularly. Now I worry about an even bigger mess. Our tax dollars at work.

sweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the roughsweeteeze is a jewel in the rough

And furthermore: the Federal cuts also hit the DEA , big time.

Yes, and they have way way too much going on at the Mexican border to spend much time going after pharmacies. I am very ignorant of the particulars of the War on Drugs, but, to me, it seems that it is a war with battles that will extend forever, and it seems more sensible to legalize the stuff (cheaper too)

Am sorry to hear this, though, since things just got more difficult for the chronic pain sufferers around here I haven't needed pain meds (yet!), but one never knows... Sweet E
    Like djrick liked this post

7. I got an email at 5:30 tonight from the Troy affiliate I have a pending order with. It says:

Order status was changed to : Approved By Physician #2

Your consultation (#xxxxxx) has been approved by Dr. xxxxxxx.

Your prescription is being filled by the pharmacy & you will be sent an e-mail with tracking information as soon as the order is shipped.

I'm a little confused, this doesn't seems to be an automated message, but a notification that the second Dr. approved it.
    Question #1 - Why would the second physician need to approve it when the first physician had already done so?
    Question #2 - Why would they be proceeding at all in light of the situation with Troy right now?
    Like grannyof2boys, Sheena liked this post

Tipick has a spectacular aura aboutTipick has a spectacular aura aboutTipick has a spectacular aura aboutTipick has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pa1822 View Post
    I got an email at 5:30 tonight from the Troy affiliate I have a pending order with. It says:

Order status was changed to : Approved By Physician #2

Your consultation (#xxxxxx) has been approved by Dr. xxxxxxx.

Your prescription is being filled by the pharmacy & you will be sent an e-mail with tracking information as soon as the order is shipped.

I'm a little confused, this doesn't seems to be an automated message, but a notification that the second Dr. approved it.
    Question #1 - Why would the second physician need to approve it when the first physician had already done so?
    Question #2 - Why would they be proceeding at all in light of the situation with Troy right now?
    I have no rightly clue why this would happen, but can you keep us posted on the activity? Maybe there's something more behind the scenes, maybe not, But I'd like to see what happens. It's always been a '2 Doctor Approval' ordeal.

Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    @Sammy12 @pa1822 @Tipick1983

I do know that Troy/TrustedOnline was working with another pharmacy to get orders out but expected it to take a week. I haven't had an update from my affiliate friend so I have no idea if that may have happened more quickly than they thought. I will try to get an update from him tomorrow.
    Helpful pa1822, Sheena Rated helpful
    Like grannyof2boys liked this post
    “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.” ― Dorothy Parker

10. Thanks @Tipick1983 ,
    I never realized it was a two doctor approval deal. That answers my question #1.
    If I get any further emails, I'll keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipick1983 View Post
    I have no rightly clue why this would happen, but can you keep us posted on the activity? Maybe there's something more behind the scenes, maybe not, But I'd like to see what happens. It's always been a '2 Doctor Approval' ordeal.

ChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond repute

I've always trusted in humans overall ability adapting to change. In the case of Troys
    "possible" demise, there's probably not been a better time in the past 4-5 months, to
    use this event in finding a better supply source[s]. There's been a number of unknown
    suppliers that have come onboard and have been verified. There's still quite a few vendors
    that have always been around, but for some reason, always get over-looked.

It's gonna take some time going thru the multitude of threads, but the rewards are there
    for the taking. Regardless of what state you reside, COD or CC ......there's web sites out
    there capable of fulfilling 95% of what everyones looking for. In no way, should Troys
    "hopefully" temporary closure affect anyone from getting their needed meds.
    Like Jazie, candygram liked this post
    ★FOR RENT★ advertising space available here ★FOR RENT★

@ChillyCat.... I agree with you that there are other sources available out there but for certain meds. like fioricet, OP's are really the only way and I'm seeing that they are far and few between. Just my opinion and experience so far. Still new here and learning!
    Helpful grannyof2boys, azula Rated helpful
    Like ladyghost liked this post
    Because no matter where you run, you just end up running in to yourself. ~ Audrey Hepburn

ChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    @ChillyCat.... I agree with you that there are other sources available out there but for certain meds. like fioricet, OP's are really the only way and I'm seeing that they are far and few between. Just my opinion and experience so far. Still new here and learning!
    Right now , is the perfect example of how PR can, and should work.

We got 1000's upon 1000's of members, all looking for alternative sources, for all kinds of goods.
    When you have those kinda numbers behind an organization = success

Everyone benefits from each others findings. Why it's so very important that discoveries
    are passed on to the membership.

Everyone here is learning. The pharmaceutical landscape is changing daily. We got plenty
    enough people here, probably one of the largest support groups on the interweb.

I have a good feeling..........you're gonna find , what you're looking for [thanks to PR]
    ★FOR RENT★ advertising space available here ★FOR RENT★

Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    @Sheena - you are right that Fioricet as we know it is basically a US and Canadian drug. There is a good possibility of a new IOP that will be offering it. When and if this happens, I will certainly post the information on PR. Keep the faith. Meanwhile, you still have the newer sources that our members have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Helpful SamCro, Sheena, azula Rated helpful
    Like grannyof2boys, ladyghost liked this post

15. This is all silly, most Dr's never even look at you when you visit them anyway! How is that Dr-patient contact? And it really is wonderful that our government is using their hard borrowed dollars to go after trivia instead of working to stop terrorism, etc. No, all we do is set up TSA checkpoints in airports - like it's a big effort at stopping things.

I have a Fioricet order that was supposedly "approved" at Troy, but I am not sure if it ever made it out. I guess I will be surprised if it shows up!

16. Quote Originally Posted by jonquiljo View Post
    This is all silly, most Dr's never even look at you when you visit them anyway! How is that Dr-patient contact? And it really is wonderful that our government is using their hard borrowed dollars to go after trivia instead of working to stop terrorism, etc. No, all we do is set up TSA checkpoints in airports - like it's a big effort at stopping things.

I have a Fioricet order that was supposedly "approved" at Troy, but I am not sure if it ever made it out. I guess I will be surprised if it shows up!
    You are so right about doctors not even looking at you - the neurologist who charged me $500 gave me a matter of minutes. It was a joke. As far as Troy, I checked my credit card. The charge had been pending when I first made the order (which it always said pending), and now it's completely gone. So, I am guessing that order is never going to show up. It's just very frustrating.
    Helpful grannyof2boys Rated helpful

17. Trying to get Tramadol since December has been ridiculous. First, I'm being charged twice as much, and second I'm tired of having to always find a new OP to buy from. I put an order into the Troy pharmacy a day before they got raided. I'm sure I'll never get my pills or my money back, but I think this will prove to be a good thing as I plan to quit my 4-year addiction now. I have 80 pills left and I'll do a very nice and slow taper. I only take 100mg per day, so I have enough pills to do this will as little discomfort as possible. I'm officially sick and tired of worrying about the dependability of these barely legal Pharmacies. I'm also sick of being dependent on a pill I need to take every morning. I feel liberated now =)

18. I think I'm officially gonna switch to IOPs only. No more worrying about raids.

At the beginning of this month I placed two orders, one with an OP and one with an IOP. The one from the IOP came in, the one from the OP (who I think was a Troy affiliate) never did.

Fortunately I used COD... and I still have the money order, so I didn't lose any money.
    Like grannyof2boys liked this post

19. Well I am reading here, hoping for any good news about the Troy incident and hoping that there may be alternative places to buy Fioricet. I am in the same place with many others who posted on this thread about looking for another source before I run out of the meds husband & I both take for migraines.

@Paichka I will be watching & reading for your Troy site updates also.

Thank you @Paichka, you really are a big helper to the rest of us. I appreciate the time & effort you put into helping the group.
    Like Paichka, Jazie, Sheena, djrick, candygram, azula liked this post

@grannyof2boys

I will get an update from my friend tomorrow and see if he has any new information. They don't tell affiliates everything but when it comes to whether or not they have ironed things out should be info they would be open about. We shall see.
    Helpful grannyof2boys, clc caroline Rated helpful

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast