Thread: liquid opiates , Paregoric liquid

barbital is offline Banned Reason: Breaking the forum rules / sending abusive emails
    barbital will become famous soon enough

Default liquid opiates , Paregoric liquid

Has any one tried liquid opiates such as Paregoric or Hydrocodone? I have tried Tussonex liquid which has 10mg of Hydrocodone. It was pretty good! I was wondering if anyone has heard of other things. Thanks for your help and information.

sbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to behold

When I was a kid, my grandfather always had a bottle of paregoric ( tincture of opium, I think ) around. They rubbed it on my gums when I was teething as an infant , gave it for stomach upset , and it would cure diarrhea in an instant . He was a pharmacist , had access to it , and in those days things were not as tightly regulated. I have not seen it around for years, but it could be used for a variety of different indications and was very effective
    Helpful C_Dub, Jazie Rated helpful

tomsa34 is offline Banned Reason: Eventually turned out to be an email scammer himself
    tomsa34 is on a distinguished road

@barbital you mean it was good as in it helped pain , or cleared your cough right? ahem , surely don't believe you're trying to get messed up on opiates correct?

4. The notorious liquid opium tincture is laudanum, which has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. It was used frivolously in the earlier years for anything including teething infants as @sbg mentioned.

According to wikipedia, Laudanum is a alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine). It is reddish-brown in color and extremely bitter to the taste. Laudanum contains almost all of the opium alkaloids, including morphine and codeine.

It's still available in the U.S and U.K by prescription, but I don't believe it's readily prescribed. I've read article of people making it from poppy seeds, but I don't endorse or encourage this practice as it is very unpredictable and unsafe.
    Helpful C_Dub, oceanfiresky Rated helpful

barbital is offline Banned Reason: Breaking the forum rules / sending abusive emails
    barbital will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa34 View Post
    @barbital you mean it was good as in it helped pain , or cleared your cough right? ahem , surely don't believe you're trying to get messed up on opiates correct?
    Of course im not trying to get messed up on opiates, who would? This is a question in requards to cough syrup.

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by shaffekm View Post
    The notorious liquid opium tincture is laudanum, which has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. It was used frivolously in the earlier years for anything including teething infants as @sbg mentioned.

According to wikipedia, Laudanum is a alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine). It is reddish-brown in color and extremely bitter to the taste. Laudanum contains almost all of the opium alkaloids, including morphine and codeine.

It's still available in the U.S and U.K by prescription, but I don't believe it's readily prescribed. I've read article of people making it from poppy seeds, but I don't endorse or encourage this practice as it is very unpredictable and unsafe.
    @shaffekm, my son was given Paregoric when he was 8 months old for severe diarrhea. It was white, kind of thick and didn't taste bad at all. Yeah, I stuck my finger in it because I wanted to know what it tasted like before I gave it to him. My kids would spit yucky tasting meds right back in my face *grin*. I didn't know anything about it other than to ask the pharmacist, sign a sheet and give it to him every 4 hours until he got better. Then I threw the bottle away. Back then I threw away a lot of narcotics......

7. I always wanted to try oxyfast. It is liquid oxy . I think it comes in 10mg per/ml .
    Helpful Troubadour Rated helpful

I've tried the oxyfast before. It worked...just as well as in pill form...I didn't really notice any faster onset or anything. I prefer a pill just for ease of storage/dosing/transport.

justlurking has a spectacular aura aboutjustlurking has a spectacular aura aboutjustlurking has a spectacular aura aboutjustlurking has a spectacular aura aboutjustlurking has a spectacular aura about

I have heard that paregoric is available in some states by asking the pharmacist as Lynx4 describes above. Just like low dose codeine cough syrup is. Only mom n pop pharmacies generally do this & not in all states. I have personally asked for, signed for & received the codeine syrup in NC and NM. Anyone with other experience getting paregoric this way?

Azzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really niceAzzamean is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by justlurking View Post
    I have heard that paregoric is available in some states by asking the pharmacist as Lynx4 describes above. Just like low dose codeine cough syrup is. Only mom n pop pharmacies generally do this & not in all states. I have personally asked for, signed for & received the codeine syrup in NC and NM. Anyone with other experience getting paregoric this way?
    In Evansville, IN. This is impossible. I have called every pharmacy around and no one will do it. This includes all the smaller ones as well. I believe it is more of a small town sort of thing, where there is a local pharmacy that everyone knows eachother by name. I have tried very hard, yet... to no avail.