NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 341 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What shampoos help hair loss that i can find at drug stores

1. Default What shampoos help hair loss that i can find at drug stores

I want to know what shampoos help hair loss that I can find at a close drug store like , Walgreen's, CVS or Rite Aid because Im really young.
    Im a teen who's loosing hair but not chunks but whenever I pass my fingers through my hair I tend to lose some hair. Thank you for your help!

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    There are a lot of shampoos which claims to help prevent further hair loss or promote hair thickening. However, there are no proof that they really work. As a teenager, there may be a lot of probable cause for your hair loss. Stress is the #1 culprit. Systemic conditions and nutritional deficiencies can also cause hair loss. Manage whatever stress you might have and make sure you're getting enough rest and healthy foods. If you did that and still you lose hair, then it's time to seek doctor's help.
    Helpful Harry Irene Rated helpful

3. Smile hair loss

It's no top secret that the most common hair loss causes are related to hormones, more than ever with the increased level of male hormone dihydrotestosterone, which May be present in men and the bodies of women. Negatively affects the making of follicles, so that the time the hair becomes thinner and thinner, and finally retires and does not grow more. Provillus is a natural treatment for hair loss, on the one hand, reduces the level of dihydrotestosterone in the body and, on the other hand, gives your scalp and hair all the nutrients required to stay in shape and healthy.

4. I do not think that shampoo will help and you did not try folk remedies to my friend have helped
    Last edited by tinmuning; 04-07-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: removed link in signature

5. If you choose a shampoo that contains plants to neutralize DHT can expect to see a reduction in hair loss in a week of starting treatment. With continued use, you can expect to see new hair growth begins just four weeks.

6. Can any of these shampoos have a negative effect on hormonal balance?
    feeling good

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

I would try a 2% ketoconazole shampoo, but more important to preventing hair loss is topical minoxidil 5% (Rogaine) and/or finasteride (Propecia, or Proscar) or if you can afford it, hair replacement therapy. There are different forms of alopecia-hair loss- and tinmuning is right, if you are really young you should correct any nutritional deficiencies and control stress, and seek medical treatment if available. What you most likely have is androgentic alopecia, where testosterone breaks down to dihydrotestosterone and causes the hair to fall out. If its patchy hair loss, then you might have alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own hair follicles. It can be treated with corticosteroid injections, oral corticosteroids for a short time, topical cyclophosporine as well as the typical minoxidil. Its really obvious to a doctor which type of alopecia you have. The patches leave entire bald spots on your head with areata alopecia. Whereas alopecia androgenetic is more diffuse.

I started losing my hair at age 18 or 19, and that's when I started using Rogaine. Back then they only had the 2% solution, not the 5%, and they didn't have propecia then either.

The ketocanazole solution is backed up by science, see: Controversy: is there a role for adjuvants in the ... [J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2010] - PubMed result and also Ketocazole as an adjunct to finasteride in the tre... [Med Hypotheses. 2004] - PubMed result
    but its use is controversial. There are thickening shampoos that can help, but I don't waste my money on it. If you visit Rogaine.com they talk about shampoos you can use to help best present the hair that you do have. Come to think of it there is another study which shows the efficacy of preventing hair loss of minoxidil when combined with pyrithione zinc. However, results were better when combined with minoxidil than just with the shampoo alone. The effects of minoxidil, 1% pyrithione zinc and a... [Br J Dermatol. 2003] - PubMed result

@makaveli25 There is no literature to suggest that shampoos can have an effect on hormonal balance. However, there is empirical evidence which proves that propecia can lower testosterone levels and therefore bodybuilders tend to avoid it like the plague.

Another excellent reason to use those two aforementioned shampoos is that they fight dandruff, and minoxidil tend to has a drying effect on the scalp and can cause dandruff. Again, the shampoos are expensive ($7-10) so I don't bother with them.

8. The ketokonazole most commonly used over the counter is Nizoral. It is a weak antiandrogen and has been proven to blunt androgen related hairloss in mild cases.

sulfur. they sell it all types of ways. eat methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) a pure form of sulfur to boost your hair growth. i just bought a jar of sulfur hair pomade from a national beauty supply chain. it was on super sale.

10. The best shampoo for hair loss is a shampoo that does not contain any more chemicals that can worsen the condition. In my opinion, your best bet is to choose an organic shampoo that does not contain chemicals that can damage your hair and scalp further.

I think one of the more recommended shampoos out there for thickening and maintaining is nioxin. The big bottles are real expensive though, like $70

Bnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really nice

Post Good shampoo

Just use 10-15 drops of undiluted tea tree oil. Add this to the shampoo bottle that you have brought. Mix the contents well. Now your homemade shampoo is ready for use. If you want it to be totally chemical free, try combining it with soap nuts shampoo.
    Helpful teresita Rated helpful

Revita is what my brother uses and it seems to be working. Doesn't grow back your hair but seems to keep what you have from falling out. It should be available in most Salons. If you can't find it, Amazon sells it. Cheers.

14. If the drug in the shampoo gets into your bloodstream it could affect hormone levels. Hair follicles are prime spots for transdermal delivery, surprisingly enough. The two main factors here are the molecular weight of the molecule (smaller = better) and the lipophilicity. It doesn't take much oral ketokonazole to lower testosterone significantly.

Tea Tree oil is a fabulous healer and moisturizer without the greasy feeling. I read in my home remedies book that shampoo can be diluted in half making it last longer and preventing dryness for those that shampoo daily. I would think moisture in the hair would be a key in keeping it stronger and less likely to fall out along with gentle care when brushing or combing. No yanking at the knots. Also stay away from a blow dryer
    Helpful KKS Rated helpful
    Be kind, everyone is fighting their own battles

16. I have alopecia areata and I have not found a solution for correcting the patches... but I also don't have a great diet and I used to abuse non prescription drugs (my hair had already fallen out) but i am sure that didn't help. lol... anyone have any luck treating alopecia areeata
    Helpful taralumia Rated helpful
    Like cashman1 liked this post

taralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is an old thread, but it's the first time I've seen anyone post about AA here. For anyone who doesn't know, alopecia areata is a very frustrating condition. Hair loss happens in patches, and occasionally all of it falls out. Usually the the loss is temporary, but one never knows. You never know what the new hair will be like, and it's highly likely that the alopecia will "flare" again. I say flare because it's autoimmune, and may accompany other autoimmune conditions such as Lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.

@Locced Out, I'm afraid I don't know of a "magic bullet. Good nutrition and clean living can't hurt, but they certainly never fixed much for me. It's a lot of trial and error, but mostly it's just a matter of waiting it out, and being as gentle as I can with my poor scalp. Does yours burn? Sometimes Clobex shampoo helps, but I don't do well with corticosteroids in general. I like a mixture of eucalyptis oil with vitamin D and E drops to stimulate the and moisturize the hair. United Pharmacies sells lots of hair loss products. I get ketoconazole products from them. Presently my favorite treatment is Selsun Blue, the dandruff shampoo. Something about that Selenium seems to help the burning and hair loss. Also, Biotin (lots) has helped my hair grow back significantly faster and thicker.

pibo369 will become famous soon enough

Nizoral (Ketoconazole Topical) I started using it while I was on AAS and my hair has not receded anymore and if you use a cheap regular shampoo first to clean your hair then use a little nizoral on your scalp it will last for months. trust me it works I dont care what anyone says it does.

fish_bulb will become famous soon enoughfish_bulb will become famous soon enough

I've heard people say that La Bella*Placenta & Vitamin E Moisturizing Shampoo with Panthenol | Walgreens this works. I have seen more hair on their head than was there previously, but its not like I'm studying forensic photographs or anything.

20. Generic proscar 5mg is available at your local pharmacy for cheap.

Many men who suffer baldness divide the tablet into 1mg doses

It contains the same active ing. as propecia at a fraction of the cost.

No need to search for this drug online
    Helpful Harry Irene Rated helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast