NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1003 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: finally joined the crew

1. Default finally joined the crew

Hey guys,

I have been lurking this site for a while and have finally decided to become active. July 2010 I fractured my tibia plateau almost to the knee joint and also cleanly broke my fibula in a motorbike accident. It was fixed with two plates and "at least" 13 screws says the doctor. I am still paying the price and work in the oil patch up north generally doing long shift work in the cold. If anybody is interested in the x rays, holla back it looks like a heavy metal album cover lol.

Haha hopefully not as brutal as a Cannibal Corpse album cover. I don’t think I nor anyone else could handle that. Also welcome to the site!

brandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome @rtek! Glad you finally jumped on the band wagon. If you put forth some effort I think you'll find you really enjoy posting. If you could post a link to a pic of your x-ray that would be awesome. PR becomes addicting after awhile... So watch out lol

4. vdPHK - finally joined the crew

jGh5B - finally joined the crew

XRays as requested yes this board is addicting and I cannot wait to become a senior member and hopefully get the help I am seeking

crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    @rtek -- Those x-rays... wow! So you are still experiencing a lot of pain from this injury? I can only imagine. I wish you the best and hope you are able to find what you need here on PR.
    True friends stab you in the front. -- Oscar Wilde

Gladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to behold

@retek
    Welcome to PR!
    Wow those X-Rays are hardcore!! How are you able to get around without some maintenance pain medication. I like to use the search feature at the top to find topics on this large site that I am interested in reading and contributing. The folks here are friendly and have a wealth of information on almost anything!
    Live Free or Die

That is a shitty place to break your tib. That and its a tib/fib, ouch. I think my back doesn't hurt as much after seeing that.
    Like crucibelle, SpaceMatters, UGAgal, Sephrina liked this post

betsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud of

@rtek

Nice rays there, when my son was 5 he broke both tib/fib jumping off a swing. Of course they were able to realign the bones w/out the metal due to his age but he spent the entire summer in a half body cast. I swear even that didn't slow him down. oohhh
    to be young again
    anywhooo welcome
    laughter is the best medicine when done kindly

brandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of lightbrandon7467 is a glorious beacon of light

@rtek... Ouch! That's gotta hurt more than just a little. Luckily I've never broken a bone. Docs thought I cracked a growth plate once, but it just ended up being the worst sprain they had ever seen.

@rtek Welcome to the group. Cool xrays. I never experienced pain in my tibia (until I saw the pics). It's all sympathy pain.

UGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant future

@rtek dude that has to be so painful...... Welcome to PR it is a great place to make friends, learn a lot and find the help you need.

Hope to see you around the boards.
    Like Sephrina liked this post

@rtek

Welcome !

So sorry about the accident. Jesus - thats a hell of a break... Glad ur ok otherwise. I hope they have given you suffecient pain relief.

I see all those staples they put in too. I had 3 major sx's in 2009 - with 72 staples done - then re-done - in my stomach.

I hope that you have a good compassionate surgeon - & follow up doc.

Take care

~ Sephrina
    Tired of Screwin' up,Tired of Going Down, Tired of Myself, Tired of this Town, (T.P)

13. Welcome!! I do have been a lurker for quite some time but this site seems to have the most legit people on it..Good God that sounds like a painful accident. I hope you find some comfort in the coming up months!!!!
    Like Kris liked this post

14. WOW! I was not expecting this kind of response! All of you guys are awesome and thanks so much for the sympathy. Yes, I still experience alot of pain and have tried living with it for quite some time, it has come recently that I have found that I shouldn't have to feel this as it affects my ability to hold my job ( I'm a pipefitter and work up north in conditions close to -40 , climbing ladders and crawling through pipe racks brings me alot of pain by the end of the day). I also work up to 20 10 hour days straigh through with this. I have a doctors appointment on Friday and I am hoping I can get some help with that as it is very expensive to keep things around for time to time when it's bad. These responses make me feel so welcome here and I appreciate it from you all
    Last edited by rtek; 02-26-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Just forgot something
    Like crucibelle, Gladheart, Sephrina, tzabcan liked this post

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

Yes most people here are generally very good people who are sincerely here trying to help. This site seems to be allot more compassionate than DB used to be. I have already met quite a few friends here and think that while no forum is perfect, this one has allot of good going for it, namely the members who generally speaking are very genuine and kind outgoing people. - Dingle

peacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura aboutpeacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura aboutpeacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura aboutpeacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura aboutpeacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura aboutpeacefulfeeling has a spectacular aura about

I finally joined in with you guys here too! I've been long time poster at weight loss forums under same user name. I've been around for a while and know enough about this world not be dangerous to myself and others! Hope to learn and help others here while trying to once again get back in shape for the warm months....maybe even stay motivated enough to keep it off!
    Like tzabcan liked this post

hello and welcome
    i just broke my tib and fib on 2-10, had surgery on the 17. 2 plates and 18 screws.
    right now have 30 staples in my leg,so I know what your going through.
    thankfully the dr. i have is great and has kept me pain free with oxys.
    Dont know how to put my xray up.

Hope you find what you need and welcome again

18. Quote Originally Posted by nikki 6 View Post
    hello and welcome
    i just broke my tib and fib on 2-10, had surgery on the 17. 2 plates and 18 screws.
    right now have 30 staples in my leg,so I know what your going through.
    thankfully the dr. i have is great and has kept me pain free with oxys.
    Dont know how to put my xray up.

Hope you find what you need and welcome again
    I suffered extremely. I was only given t3's and they did not work unless I ate like 14 a day. Only 1 refill from 30 also. Luckily the gfs mom had another bottle for me. I rally should have complained more but I've been taught to tough things out