NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 441 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: T3 Cytomel for weight loss ???

Spyderman is offline Banned Reason: User has multiple USERNAMEs and Has been banned before, vendor attempting to trick users as a consumer
    Spyderman will become famous soon enoughSpyderman will become famous soon enough

Default T3 Cytomel for weight loss ???

Well, I've done some searching, and really didn't turn up too much, so I figured I would toss this out there and see if anyone had and experience/advice or really just general thoughts on the subject.

Over the years, as we all....(I'm 41 now), had REALLY put on MUCH too much weight, really let myself go. I'm 6'0 tall, and just a general/average build, and I somehow over the years let myself get to about 262 lbs.

Well, that said (This was about 9 mo. ago). At the time, I was looking for the "Magic Bullet" as I thought I would never be able to lose the weight, and began looking at some of the options.

Well, I didn't do anything, and just began no specific diet, but ONLY "Portion Control", I would get a burger, and cut it in half...basically for everything.

BUT, I didn't cut anything out of my diet, only calories...however they came.

WELL.....Over these past 9 months, I'm now down to about 190 lbs. (I grad H.S. at 185), but my best weight was when I was running some 1/2 triathlons, I was 170, but that was too "Skinny" w/o much GOOD Muscle tone.

OK....MY ISSUE NOW: I know a lot of it is age, etc....BUT, even after losing this 70 lbs, I have a slight "Ponch" on my belly, and a small amount of "Padding" on my ribs, etc.....

Well, I began a workout routine, lifting weights (More for "Tone").

That said, This probably 20 lbs or so of fat is "STICKY", and it appears to be going nowhere.

MY QUESTION IS: I have done A LOT of reading about the use of T3 Cytomel, and Clenbuteral. NOW.....I have read a TON about the "Dangers" of longer term/extended use, and the potential for shut-down of your Thyroid, leaving you on Thyroid care for life.....BUT, read many many studies of people using this for 4 week cycles or so, then taking off for at least that long, etc.

From EVERYTHING I read, this T3 really is as close as you can get to the "Magic Bullet", I"m sure many will say it's not worth the risk, etc....BUT, I was/am hoping to get some feedback from anyone experienced.

I did/do understand that the T3 is not "Picky" and can eat the calories where ever it can get them, meaning, you can lose Muscle weight just as easy, therefore, EVERY method I've read about it's use, indicates that some sort of Anabolic must be used with it to "Protect" your muscle, and all the T3 to Rip that fat right off.

OF COURSE...I realize that it's probably at least 75%++ Diet, and you have to work hard while on it and not sit around hoping it just disappears overnight.

I'm at the point, that I'm fairly convinced that a short cycle of this..(The T3 Cytomel and/or Clen) is something I want to do, BUT, I am definitely the type that needs to know the ins/outs/ups/downs of it before I would even try.

SO, ALL THAT SAID...(Sorry, just felt the background was important), Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have fairly well educated myself, so any questions I'm sure I can at least take a stab at....But, I would love to hear from some people that have tried this and how their results went.

Just to repeat, I DID NOT use it to go from fat doing nothing to now. I lost all that weight with nothing. I am now just trying to get this darn "Sticky" fat off of me, and that's why I believe it wouldn't take much, but a couple short (4-6 week) cycles to really get myself to my ultimate goals (lol...goal being, not be 41...lol, but rather 25 again..lol), of course impossible, but I think I have no reason to doubt it's possible w/ some work, and a very powerful supplement like this....

Anyway....THOUGHTS? EXPERIENCES??? ETC.....

All the best......S

2. Orlistat

3. T3 freakin works!! Take 1 hr before first meal. Start with 25mcg. Stay on for no longer than 8 weeks, though.

Must be combined with diet/exercise
    Increases hunger and sweating big time!!!
    Helpful Spyderman Rated helpful

Spyderman is offline Banned Reason: User has multiple USERNAMEs and Has been banned before, vendor attempting to trick users as a consumer
    Spyderman will become famous soon enoughSpyderman will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by rcbucci View Post
    T3 freakin works!! Take 1 hr before first meal. Start with 25mcg. Stay on for no longer than 8 weeks, though.

Must be combined with diet/exercise
    Increases hunger and sweating big time!!!
    Just tossing a dart...guessing, what would you say is the % diet only vs. w/ T3....Pretty much curious, I am exercising, but wondering, if you have to really bust your rear for it to be effective?

From what I read, it pretty much tears into your fat even if you do nothing, but w/ the exercise, you really crank up the effectiveness?

Also, I've read quite a bit saying that you almost need to take some type of Anabolic with it, since it doesn't care and rips calories, whether they be muscle or fat? So, the Anabolic would basically "Protect" the muscle, and the T3 just rip off the fat....

I've lost a ton of weight on my own w/ diet, but am TOTALLY plateaued...Little "Ponch" and that rib "Padding", I'm hoping that it will tear that off...and maybe just a light cycle of Winstrol w/ it?

Thoughts?? AND THANKS......S

5. 1) Diet is 70% of getting in shape.

2) You must do weights AND cardio (30 min) at least 3 x wk

3) I only take T3 when I am dieting and doing my normal stack of Masteron, Anavar, Tren and test prop

4) Do not take winstrol alone. Especially orals. You will see little effect and they are very liver toxic.

5) Try ephedrine from Canada instead of clen. Much safer.
    Helpful Spyderman, Good-Girly Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by rcbucci View Post
    1) Diet is 70% of getting in shape.

2) You must do weights AND cardio (30 min) at least 3 x wk

3) I only take T3 when I am dieting and doing my normal stack of Masteron, Anavar, Tren and test prop

4) Do not take winstrol alone. Especially orals. You will see little effect and they are very liver toxic.

5) Try ephedrine from Canada instead of clen. Much safer.
    First off...THANK YOU, perfect reply to what I was asking. So, hope it's not minded, I have just a couple more questions (I just like to know exactly what I'm doing, so I don't "Waste" either the time/money/health?).....

1....DIET being 70%...This is where I get a bit confused, since obviously weight loss is the goal, but more specifically FAT loss. So, do you actually "Diet" during the cycle, or just keep a "Good" diet, but NOT reduce the calories, since the Anabolic will need them for Muscle, and the T3 burning the fat?
    Sorry, I know that's a bit unclear, I guess I'm just looking for that line in the sand calorie wise. I guess bottom line, should this type of cycle be a reduced calorie run, or just the right things keeping intake to more proteins, etc....(I hope that makes sense?)

2. Weights and Cardio....Totally understood, 3x/weeks normal.....

3&4....Winstrol alone? I've read/heard similar advice, but assuming that it is only there to "Protect" your muscle during the T3 Fat loss, do you think that it would be effective, or really still need another stack (I was researching/looking at TBOL OR Avavar ?? Thoughts?, and if that's the case is the Wini even necessary?

5. Ephedrine instead of Clen? Wouldn't Clen be much much more of an endurance enhancing supplement, whereas Ephedrine really not much different than Caffeine?? I may be way off? I do recall that Clen was the big deal w/ Tour de France title being stripped from someone, also an American Swimmer (Jessica Hardy), got some kind of suspension for testing positive. I'm wondering, are they using just the Clen or is that all that was found? In other words......IS Clen THAT much of a performance enhancer, IF SO....I would think it would allow you to really push the cardio, which would really enhance your success w/ the T3??

(JUST FYI: I'm 6' 190lbs, just standard build, I'm 41 now, but was a Swimmer thru my "In shape" years, even did a couple 1/2 Tri-Athelons).

That said....The "Goal" is to PUSH PAST this Plateau, get rid of the "Ponch", as well as other body fat. The Anabolic of course want to gain muscle mass, BUT, really only "Tone", not any Massive Bulk.

Anyway, Thanks for the advice, I know this may be a bit unclear, I just am confused a bit, not really w/ the T3, BUT, what type/dose/etc. of the Anabolic to run w/ it.

Oh last question.....T3 Dosage? Typical? (I've read a lot on the subject, but more input the better. Also, quite a range of opinions as to how long is "Safe", to then allow your natural systems to kick in without any problem).

THANK YOU AGAIN, MUCH APPRECIATED....
    S

I can't offer advice with cycling for weight loss, however, I'd just like to mention I have been on cytomel for two years continuously d/t hypothyroidism when other meds didn't work for me. While T3 meds aren't used by a lot of physicians, some do use it in the case of thyroid resistance. For me its really a Godsend. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the high cost of out of pocket appointments for the doc who originally prescribed it for me and so order from a Mexican IOP. Totally reliable and as strong or stronger than brand name Cytomel. I'm sure you probably have, but just out of curiosity, have you done a full thyroid workup (not just TSH) by a doc who really understands these things? Especially if you have any signs of it. Not many docs get it but since patients have been educating themselves more docs are listening.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
    First off...THANK YOU, perfect reply to what I was asking. So, hope it's not minded, I have just a couple more questions (I just like to know exactly what I'm doing, so I don't "Waste" either the time/money/health?).....

1....DIET being 70%...This is where I get a bit confused, since obviously weight loss is the goal, but more specifically FAT loss. So, do you actually "Diet" during the cycle, or just keep a "Good" diet, but NOT reduce the calories, since the Anabolic will need them for Muscle, and the T3 burning the fat? Depends on what you want the result to be. I assume more muscle, less fat? You would reduce calories and toggle casrbs on workout/non-workout days.

Sorry, I know that's a bit unclear, I guess I'm just looking for that line in the sand calorie wise. I guess bottom line, should this type of cycle be a reduced calorie run, or just the right things keeping intake to more proteins, etc....(I hope that makes sense?)
    1) Find out your BMI and reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories while...

2) Keeping protain at 1 gm per pound of lean body weight. (find your bf% and subtract from current weight). Carbs at 400 and fats at like 120

2. Weights and Cardio....Totally understood, 3x/weeks normal.....

3&4....Winstrol alone? I've read/heard similar advice, but assuming that it is only there to "Protect" your muscle during the T3 Fat loss, do you think that it would be effective, or really still need another stack (I was researching/looking at TBOL OR Avavar ?? Thoughts?, and if that's the case is the Wini even necessary?

wks 1-4: 80 mg Anavar ed
    wks 1-16: 50 mg proviron ed
    wks 1-16: 250-300mg test prop
    wks 3-7: 300 mg tren ace
    500 mg masteron

Oral only cycles are not effective.

5. Ephedrine instead of Clen? Wouldn't Clen be much much more of an endurance enhancing supplement, whereas Ephedrine really not much different than Caffeine?? I may be way off? I do recall that Clen was the big deal w/ Tour de France title being stripped from someone, also an American Swimmer (Jessica Hardy), got some kind of suspension for testing positive. I'm wondering, are they using just the Clen or is that all that was found? In other words......IS Clen THAT much of a performance enhancer, IF SO....I would think it would allow you to really push the cardio, which would really enhance your success w/ the T3??

Clen makes me feel like shit. Ephedrine does improve performance on strength and cardio.
    (JUST FYI: I'm 6' 190lbs, just standard build, I'm 41 now, but was a Swimmer thru my "In shape" years, even did a couple 1/2 Tri-Athelons).

That said....The "Goal" is to PUSH PAST this Plateau, get rid of the "Ponch", as well as other body fat. The Anabolic of course want to gain muscle mass, BUT, really only "Tone", not any Massive Bulk.

Anyway, Thanks for the advice, I know this may be a bit unclear, I just am confused a bit, not really w/ the T3, BUT, what type/dose/etc. of the Anabolic to run w/ it.

Oh last question.....T3 Dosage? Typical? (I've read a lot on the subject, but more input the better. Also, quite a range of opinions as to how long is "Safe", to then allow your natural systems to kick in without any problem).

Start at 25mcg and move up when u no longer feel effects, then move up to 100, IF YOU CAN tolerate it. I have never gone that high..

THANK YOU AGAIN, MUCH APPRECIATED....
    S
    Your welcome. Of course if these products are illegal in the country where you live, do not use them. I am not condoning use of any product for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by junebug888 View Post
    I can't offer advice with cycling for weight loss, however, I'd just like to mention I have been on cytomel for two years continuously d/t hypothyroidism when other meds didn't work for me. While T3 meds aren't used by a lot of physicians, some do use it in the case of thyroid resistance. For me its really a Godsend. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the high cost of out of pocket appointments for the doc who originally prescribed it for me and so order from a Mexican IOP. Totally reliable and as strong or stronger than brand name Cytomel. I'm sure you probably have, but just out of curiosity, have you done a full thyroid workup (not just TSH) by a doc who really understands these things? Especially if you have any signs of it. Not many docs get it but since patients have been educating themselves more docs are listening.
    Thanks Junebug, and I apologize for the delay here with the reply, won't even try to work out my excuse...LOL..

Excellent question/comment btw, and thanks for putting that out there, as most don't even consider these things.

So, to answer your question, "Technically" No, I have not, BUT..however, get an entire "Baseline" blood-work panel....Also, like you said, "....by a Doc who "REALLY" understands these things..."..That I didn't specifically acknowledge it with my Doc.

Since I turned 40 (Now 41), also I wanted to have everything "Checked Out", as I was also concerned about Testosterone levels, which ended up being fine.

If I may...You actually got me thinking quite a bit, in terms of this....Which is good regardless, but I am just curious as to the intent of your questions. When you asked about having a complete Thyroid work-up....Are you meaning 1. Is there possibly some issue at this point.....OR 2. Is everything "Healthy" enough that recovery to normal following the "Cycle" of T3 will be ok.

Although, I don't have the #'s, I can be fairly confident that I would be advised to not to take it, since I've really already lost about 60 lbs by "Standard" methods. I am really stuck on the use of the T3 for this darn "Sticky" Fat, Not a LOT of weight, but no matter what I seem to do, it just won't go (Little belly "Ponch", some Rib padding, etc....)...

So, anyway, you seem knowledgeable about it, I'm interested to hear what you think, I obviously VERY concerned about my Thyroids ability to return to normal function and not end up in a position like you describe, NEEDING it for hypoth., etc. I know that must be a difficult thing to contend with.

Anyway, Thank you again for your input, and also I'm sorry for the long delay for reply, but I've still been thinking/researching, etc. and hope you have some feedback....

Thank you and all the very best......S

Hi,
    When I asked about having a complete thyroid workup, my only concern was to make sure that you are not actually hypothyroid on some level already and do even know it. This is becoming more and more common. If you have no symptoms of hypothyroidism other than difficulty with weight loss then it may not even need to concern you. I've had to learn a lot about this in the past few years and many doctors only test TSH which is a pituitary hormone and is totally inadequate to determine thyroid function. Due to the sheer number of patients dealing with this of late and advocating for themselves, more doctors are testing Free T3, Free T4, Thyroid antibodies, and in some cases Reverse T3. I learned the bulk of this information from a site called "Stop the Thyroid Madness" which seems a little bit "militant", although has some wonderful information, and also by joining a few yahoo groups related to thyroid, adrenal, and T3 use. There are some doctors who use T3 when other meds aren't working for people. You may already be aware of this, but Synthroid is synthetic T4 but if you aren't converting the T4 into the active T3, then it won't help much. That was my case. I had to go on T3, aka Cytomel and that made a big difference.
    If you are feeling great in general then I wouldn't worry about the possibility of a problem with your thyroid. I wish I knew more about cycling, but I know people do it all the time and bodybuilding sites like mindandmuscle would surely be helpful if you haven't tried them already. Great job with the work you've put into your weight loss already...that's quite an accomplishment in itself. I'll only add my two cents into stubborn abdominal fat: many seem to have luck getting rid of this through paleo eating, esp. losing the grains/sugar. Eating more good fats, meats, and veges. Lots of success stories abound, but many aren't willing to go that route which is understandable!
    Good luck to you! J

Quote Originally Posted by junebug888 View Post
    Hi,
    When I asked about having a complete thyroid workup, my only concern was to make sure that you are not actually hypothyroid on some level already and do even know it. This is becoming more and more common. If you have no symptoms of hypothyroidism other than difficulty with weight loss then it may not even need to concern you. I've had to learn a lot about this in the past few years and many doctors only test TSH which is a pituitary hormone and is totally inadequate to determine thyroid function. Due to the sheer number of patients dealing with this of late and advocating for themselves, more doctors are testing Free T3, Free T4, Thyroid antibodies, and in some cases Reverse T3. I learned the bulk of this information from a site called "Stop the Thyroid Madness" which seems a little bit "militant", although has some wonderful information, and also by joining a few yahoo groups related to thyroid, adrenal, and T3 use. There are some doctors who use T3 when other meds aren't working for people. You may already be aware of this, but Synthroid is synthetic T4 but if you aren't converting the T4 into the active T3, then it won't help much. That was my case. I had to go on T3, aka Cytomel and that made a big difference.
    If you are feeling great in general then I wouldn't worry about the possibility of a problem with your thyroid. I wish I knew more about cycling, but I know people do it all the time and bodybuilding sites like mindandmuscle would surely be helpful if you haven't tried them already. Great job with the work you've put into your weight loss already...that's quite an accomplishment in itself. I'll only add my two cents into stubborn abdominal fat: many seem to have luck getting rid of this through paleo eating, esp. losing the grains/sugar. Eating more good fats, meats, and veges. Lots of success stories abound, but many aren't willing to go that route which is understandable!
    Good luck to you! J

Hello @junebug888

First, I need to sincerely say THANK YOU!, as your replies to me especially the last, have been probably the most helpful I've had around the forums, in any topic in general! So, I wanted you to know that they were VERY appreciated, and knowledgeable, etc.....Basically, wish I had better words, but THANK YOU....

OK,on to my "General" Reply...

Although, I did specifically (Since your last) see my Doc, and ask, since my last blood work-up had TONS of stuff checked that I didn't know what was what. Anyway, you were on the money, they did check TSH Hormone levels, but there was NO check of the T3/T4 specifically.

As you say, "Generally" I feel good. As far as weight loss, I think I pointed out, I'm 41 now, and although it's a bit harder than when younger, I seem to be able to lose weight just w/ keeping an eye on my diet, and I consistently lose weight. I had just really let myself go over the past few, hence this last 8 mo. or so, the dramatic loss (Not at about 70 lbs).

ONE THING: I had lost about 50 lb., and was leveled off, so I had REALLY cut back on my diet, and really was feeling like crap, hence this last blood work-up. I was VERY Deficient in Vitamin D/B-12/Iron, but I got the supplements, and am now trying to slowly adjust my diet.

The reason I started this entire questioning in the first place, kind of relates to that. I can't STARVE myself, since it will come back on. I'm by no means a "Body Builder" (LOL...even thinking about it...), so although I know it's an abuse of sorts, but I have been studying using the T3 to kick this last bit of weight out the door, and then try to maintain.

Obviously, the worries were permanent damage, and development of Hypo disorder. BUT, pretty much from the TONS of research and help from you, etc. It seems that being/having healthy function, there should be no issue in using it for a short time as a "Booster" of sorts, then go from there.

But, not something to use as a crutch to simply be able to eat all I like and rely on it, as then I'm sure over time problems would develop.

I probably have about 15-20 lbs. of "Fat" like the little "Ponch", etc. I have started to really exercise more, so I plan to give that maybe 2 months, and if I still am "Stuck" w/ the fat, then give that a shot.

The one issue that I have learned is that T3 does not care where it is getting the calories, it just eats them, so you can just as easily lose muscle mass, therefore, Everyplace discussing it for this purpose HIGHLY advises the use of some Anabolic to "Protect" the muscle during the "Cycle".

Although, not wanting to be on/off cycling steroids, I see the issue and think a single cycle won't hurt anything.

Just my thought is you always hear "Drug Abuse" NOT "Drug Use", so a simple 6-8 week run, then re-eval. I think is the approach I'm convinced to take.

I'll keep ya posted, sorry this got a little long (Geez..I write that in nearly all my posts...gotta learn to shut up.....lol).

So, any final thoughts on it would be appreciated, especially if you disagree, don't be afraid to tell me I'm being an idiot, no offense taken, need to hear it how it is....

THANK YOU AGAIN, and I wish the best, and appreciate the input...

Best regards,
    S

12. T3 is good but don't use without a steroid. You will eat muscle without it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkonyou View Post
    T3 is good but don't use without a steroid. You will eat muscle without it.
    @dunkonyou THANKS for the additional support in this aspect of T3's use.

Like I mentioned I have done TONS of research, and it really stuck out in my head, that when it's doing it's job, it just wants to EAT CALORIES....Like crazy, and it doesn't care at all where they are coming from, hence...Muscle is a primary target...

So, the anabolic definitely can provide a "Shield" for your muscle tissue, BUT....Gotta make sure to do it properly, and really take advantage of the fact your using it.....Other words - LIFT...and incorporate some strength training into your routine. I'm sure keeping w/ some good cardio, and so on, I'm guessing you would be ok, but I've been told several times, DO NOT Waste your opportunities while on your short "Cycle" of these Meds...

Basically, just work you butt off, get full advantage of it...

Anyway, thanks for the comment, the more of this I hear/learn the better.

All the best.....S

Hi all...I have been hypothyroid for many years. With medication they have gotten my TSH down to 4 and feel I should be fine. I still have many symptoms-worst is the dry cracking skin despite tons of lotion, fatigue and that I gain weight if I eat more than 1000 health calories a day. I lost med insurance and looking into options. I still have 2 months levothyroxine. Not sure if I should add cytomel or try natural /armour thyroid. I tried to order armour once and actually ended up w some fake vitamin the way they try to trick you with phen$&:! Diet supplements people think is phentermine. Please share any advice and pm if u can

15. Sibutramine