NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 615 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didrex for weight loss

chera is offline Honorable Member
    chera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nice

Default Didrex for weight loss

I desperately need to lose some weight and it seems as though the phentermine have just completely stopped working for me. A few years ago whenever I needed to lose some weight, the doctor switched me over to didrex whenever this happened. The didrex was wonderful. I lost 30 pounds and had far less side effects than from the phentermine. Now, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this please.......

cyn5 is offline Member

I looked up didrex...it is or contains "benzphetamine" or that is the name of it, right? Do some of the ADHD meds contain this or have a similar effect perhaps? At one time I thought about trying to take adderal to lose weight But I am going to try one of the phentermine brands (still researching and trying to figure out who to order from) first. Also, another poster that I was chatting with takes Obesan...says she likes it a little better than phen as she does not get that let down effect and did not make her feel jittery.

How long were you on phen before it stopped working for you?

Good luck

chera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nice

Default Didrex for weight loss

I've taken phentermine on and off for years. The most success I ever had with phentermine was whenever I combined it with ephedra (back whenever you could still purchase over the counter weight loss pills such as trimspa, stacker, hydroxycut, etc whenever it contained ephedra) I would take my morning dose of phentermine and then 1 or 2 capsules (whatever the suggested dosage on the bottle read) of the ephedra. I did this for around 6-8 months and lost approximately 35 pounds. Once I'd reached my weight loss goal, I then weaned myself off the phentermine and was able to substitute it with the over the counter ephedra diet pills in order to maintain my weight. I'd never felt so good. My overall health improved tremendously. I rarely had to take pain medication for my back and neck and my energy level was great. I NEVER had any bad side effects or health problems from the ephedra and to make sure all was well, I'd see my doc once a month specifically so they could monitor my progress, check my blood, heart etc... I think most of the hoopla surrounding its safety was due to people who purposely took it incorrectly and took way too much of it under strenuous physical conditions.
    Needless to say, I've gained all the weight back. I've tried SO HARD for 2 years using phentermine alone to take the weight back off, but it has just COMPLETELY STOPPED working for me!!! I'm so frustrated ........ That's why I was hoping to maybe give the didrex a try again.
    As far as medications go, I think phentermine is the fastest of all to build a tolerance to.

I'm not sure about the adderall for weight loss. I stopped using it a few years after college ( I was prescribed it for add). But now that I think about it, I never had a weight problem and had to use phentermine until a couple years after I stopped using it.

Nubzor is offline Senior Member
    Nubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the rough

In regards to adderall and weight loss--Adderall will absolutely kill your appetite. In my experience, Phentermine did very little, whereas Adderall destroyed my appetite altogether. I highly doubt you could get it prescribed for weight loss though, and finding it online is next to impossible.

@chera Ephedrine is still available OTC (in the US at least). It's only sold behind-the-counter as decongestants (Bronkaid and Primatene). Paired with caffeine and aspirin (the "ECA stack"), and you will definitely see some results. Like everything else, the effects will diminish over time, so it's important to take "breaks" every now and then.

I really shouldn't be giving advice on weight loss methods/medications, as my experience(s) with them have all been unhealthy, eating-disordered related. But if you want to kill your appetite, Adderall is the way to go. The ECA stack on the other hand, won't do anything to your appetite, but you'll have a surge of energy and it will burn fat through thermogenesis.
    Helpful Della Rated helpful
    Like Good-Girly liked this post

SoTired is offline Honorable Member
    SoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really niceSoTired is just really nice

Hi @chera,

@Nubzor is quite right about the Adderall. It is a very powerful appetite suppressant.

Adderall is a mix of two amphetamines & two amphetamine salts. So, Adderall is 1/4 Dexedrine (D-amphetamine) & 1/4 Benzedrine (d,l racemic amphetamine) plus two amphetamine salts. The mix is potent, but has less potential for abuse than Dexedrine or Benzedrine taken individually.

Adderall was originally used in the 60's as a diet pill, called Obitrol or Obetrol until Shire pharmaceuticals bought it, renamed it, put it through ADD trials & now has captured an ever-increasing share of the ADD market.

So now, we have Drs. handing out amphetamines, Adderall, Dexedrine, to little kids like candy , but they will all but throw you out of their office if you suggest that they could, maybe, prescribe it to a all grown-up and responsible adult for weight loss purposes !

There is even a Dextroamphetamine syrup marketed for children who are too young to swallow pills : ProCentra is an amphetamine in a clear, sugar-free, bubblegum-flavored liquid solution. Available in 16 fluid oz. bottles, each 5mL contains 5mg dextroamphetamine. But, hey ! It's sugar free ! Won't make the little ones overexcited .

Look what I found on an ADHD News Forum, posted by a happy mom: I found a Compound Pharmacy in downtown Seattle who will take regular Adderall 15mg. and it into 7 different yummy flavors for her.

Understand that I KNOW ADD/ ADHD is a real disease. Children get ostracized and families suffer. Adult sufferers do not have an easy life. I'm not trying to ridicule it. But IT IS OVER diagnosed and powerful, dangerous medications are well OVER prescribed.

Medication that could really, really help with obesity, but are deemed too dangerous for adults to use intelligently.

Venting here ! Hope y'all don't mind.

ST
    Helpful bigpop, Nubzor, Della Rated helpful
    Like nanceathy liked this post
    Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers.

Nubzor is offline Senior Member
    Nubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the roughNubzor is a jewel in the rough

@SoTired Very informative post. If taken in moderation at recommended doses, Adderall really can be used for so many things. Killing appetite is one thing, but I've found so many other beneficial uses for it. Even at low, prescribed doses it really does makes you feel great. I'm so much more outgoing, motivated, productive, and happy on Adderall. I get more work done on Adderall than I normally ever would. It helps me focus, and push to complete tasks. It's such a shame that "smart drugs", like adderall, have to be so heavily regulated. I really think they could help people in so many different areas. From ADD, to weight loss, to depression, etc.

LeeAnn is offline Senior Member
    LeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enough

I have been off and on weight loss meds for years. Didrex was by far the best. Supposedly benzphetamine metabolized into an amphetemine in your body. It had a shorted half life and usually was prescribed 2 or 3 times a day as opposed to the one a day for phentermine. It is a schedule 3 med whereas phentermine is schedule 4

It is impossible to get anywhere unless you get it from your doctor. It is not manufactured outside of the US , thus it cannnot be ordered from an IOP.

I do have a very high tolerance for phentermine but have had some luck with duromine working more effectively. I have also heard of some using Ritalin for weight loss

ProfessorMoriarty is offline Honorable Member
    ProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to behold

I've done a lot of reseach on Didrex because phentermine just doesn't work well for me. Many people think it actually has fewer side effects (like dry mouth, constipation, jitteryness) than phen, despite the fact that it is schedule 3 as opposed to phen (4). I've also been told that the BRAND Didrex works great, but there are two generic versions and one of them doesn't work and actually gives most people terrible heartburn. If I remember correctly that manufacturer is Boca Pharm and apparently that is the only one that people have received from anyone lately. Unless you see a doctor (and ask him to write the prescription for only brand name Didrex), ordering it seems like a possible big waste of money.

I do agree that Adderall sounds like a decent option and probably works pretty similarly.

I think I am going to ask my doctor if he'll consider switching my prescription of phentermine for didrex. I just hope he's familiar with didrex and how it is prescribed. As an above poster said, it is typically given 3 times a day to take before each meal. He has been very understanding with me and increased my phentermine 37.5 to be taken twice a day, unfortunately, with no results. I've even bought some of the alli pills to take additionally, in hopes of getting some results

shsn is offline Member
    shsn is on a distinguished road

I received some bogus Adipex(lucky me); knowing of all the 'phetramine' or phentremine' obvious scams all over stealing people's \money. I would like for a reliable place to get Didrex (Benzphetamine) or at least Tenuate (amfepramone, both sch3 and sch4 respectively. Would love some guidance.
    Like JGALL321 liked this post

Art Vandelay is offline Honorable Member
    Art Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really niceArt Vandelay is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by shsn View Post
    I received some bogus Adipex(lucky me); knowing of all the 'phetramine' or phentremine' obvious scams all over stealing people's \money. I would like for a reliable place to get Didrex (Benzphetamine) or at least Tenuate (amfepramone, both sch3 and sch4 respectively. Would love some guidance.
    I think United *****acy has Tenuate. There is also a sister uk site so make sure you order from one without uk at end of the url. I wouldn't take tenuate because of the risk of Stevens Johns syndrome which is a horrific side effect. Your skin literally sloughs off. Stick to stuff like Didrex and Phentermine. The odds are you'd be fine, but who wants to gamble on a side effect like that.
    "Passion Of The Christ Nails It!"

nj528 is offline Senior Member
    nj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enough

As long as you are looking into schedule IIIs, I would check out Bontril, too. It's a close relative of Preludin, a weight-loss drug that was apparently much beloved in the 60s and 70s before it was withdrawn from the market. I got to try a couple Bontrils once and it kept me up all night, despite taking lots of ambien. That wasn't so good, but it seemed like a nice clean stimulation.
    Like djplayboy liked this post

Della is offline Honorable Member
    Della is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of lightDella is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think United *****acy has Tenuate. There is also a sister uk site so make sure you order from one without uk at end of the url. I wouldn't take tenuate because of the risk of Stevens Johns syndrome which is a horrific side effect. Your skin literally sloughs off. Stick to stuff like Didrex and Phentermine. The odds are you'd be fine, but who wants to gamble on a side effect like that.
    On reading this I found the description of the skin syndrome very worrying - I
    Having taken tenuate myself, I immediately tried to pull up some info on Stevens Johnson Sydrome

That said, after a brief search I can't find anything specifically linking tenuate to this Syndrome. (From what I've just read) It's a rare but gross and potentially deadly reaction/allergy to drugs of different types. I've never tried a link in a post so I don't know if this will work but here
    is information on the most common drug causes, which include antibiotics and NSAIDs.
    Here is a link to a PubMed medical review of the syndrome

Again the drugs with the highest risk of the syndrome, according to this, are the ones we take regularly, like NSAID painkillers, such as ibuprofen, so it has to be incredibly, incredibly rare, I would hope - i.e. too rare to worry about.

If I'm wrong, and you know of some new research which implicates tenuate, I'd really appreciate a link, because accuracy of medical information is so important for people browsing the internet forums.

I did come across a different skin problem in relation to street drugs - Crystal Meth abuse - skin picking, and other skin disorders from drugs which are injected. I know tenuate has some similar mechanisms to amphetamine based drugs, but nothing suggesd it was of particular risk.

I'm partially relieved as the pictures, if anyone chooses to click the links, are totally gross. Please post me a link if there's a connection tenuate-SJSyndrome, as I'd be very interested to read any new information I may have overlooked.
    Cheers

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 31 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by Nubzor View Post
    @SoTired Very informative post. If taken in moderation at recommended doses, Adderall really can be used for so many things. Killing appetite is one thing, but I've found so many other beneficial uses for it. Even at low, prescribed doses it really does makes you feel great. I'm so much more outgoing, motivated, productive, and happy on Adderall. I get more work done on Adderall than I normally ever would. It helps me focus, and push to complete tasks. It's such a shame that "smart drugs", like adderall, have to be so heavily regulated. I really think they could help people in so many different areas. From ADD, to weight loss, to depression, etc.
    @Nubzor
    I really think they could help people in so many different areas. From ADD, to weight loss, to depression
    *Della is almost leaping out of her seat* ABSOLUTELY! off label uses need to be considered. Thank you for saying this, so true
    Last edited by Della; 05-25-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Helpful SoTired Rated helpful
    Like Bargsbeer liked this post

Debbie1989 is offline Member

I have taken Phentermine off and on for 20 years. It always worked great for me. I am now taking it and although I am losing weight, it is not as fast as previously. I also notice that I feel extremely tense now and I didn't feel like that before. So, I think I going to talk to my doctor about switching. I doubt that I get Adderall. I would like to try it because it does sound like it works. I guess I will have to see what my doctor says in few weeks.

ktr0523 is offline Member

where is it safe to buy didrex from?

shsn is offline Member
    shsn is on a distinguished road

Didrex Bontril, whatever would work for slimming and dieting this summer, I am thankful for any info I may learn.

Ms. Lab Rat is offline Senior Member
    Ms. Lab Rat will become famous soon enoughMs. Lab Rat will become famous soon enough

I recently ordered phentermine frm healthytabs. There seems to be some issues with shipping as it has been stuck in the outbound international dispatch for over 8 days (life lesson: as far as I can tell, expedited shipping is worthless). I managed to find ephedrine hcl on amazon and purchased it quickly, knowing it would be pulled as soon as anyone noticed it was up there. It was delivered, though the next time I checked sure enough amazon pulled it. Anyway, once the phentermine comes illl stack the two and post results.

ProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to beholdProfessorMoriarty is a splendid one to behold

If your doctor is open to prescribing phentermine, he/she will likely be willing to switch you (temporarily) to benzphetamine (Didrex) or phenidmetrazine (Bontril). For patients with a significant amount of weight to lose, these different drugs can be alternated in order to avoid building up a tolerance to one.

On another note, I am unclear now whether or not the brand Didrex and the generic benzphetamine 50mg (Boca Pharmacal) are significantly different in quality. That information came from a specific time a couple of years ago and the meds came from a specific pharmacy.

I am planning to try the generic BP650 next week and will update with my experience/review.

Quote Originally Posted by chera View Post
    I think I am going to ask my doctor if he'll consider switching my prescription of phentermine for didrex. I just hope he's familiar with didrex and how it is prescribed. As an above poster said, it is typically given 3 times a day to take before each meal. He has been very understanding with me and increased my phentermine 37.5 to be taken twice a day, unfortunately, with no results. I've even bought some of the alli pills to take additionally, in hopes of getting some results

bigmeech is offline Member

is didrex or bontril available from any iop's? Or is it best to try and get it from your local GP. I have been searching iop's and havent had any luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmeech View Post
    is didrex or bontril available from any iop's? Or is it best to try and get it from your local GP. I have been searching iop's and havent had any luck yet.
    I don't believe there are any reliable IOPs that have Didrex or Bontril. It is possible to find phentermine, particularly the 30mg Duromine from Australia. But the only ways to find the Bontril or Didrex are through email-only sources that prefer not to be mentioned publicly on forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast