NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 563 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Anyone use Reduce 15mg?

Jujusbee is offline Member

Default Anyone use Reduce 15mg?

Has anyone used Reduce 15mg (Thailand's product for Sibutramine 15mg)?
    I just received mine in the mail, took about 2 weeks to receive.
    I have been using Axcion with good results but I don't want to develop a tolerance to it. I figured I could alternate months.

Anyones input is appreciated!

Thanks
    Like t c, Good-Girly liked this post

H20shed65 is offline Renowned Member
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Hi @Jujusbee

Click on this link below that will take you to a PR Weight Loss Drug thread where you may find more information and/or repost your question within this existing thread.

Good Luck & Welcome to PR !

What is your favorite weight loss drug
    Helpful t c Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Wish is offline Honorable Member
    Wish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to behold

@Jujusbee From what I can find, Reduce contains the active ingredient Subutramine, which has been pulled from the market in many countries(Including the U.K.), due to the severe dangers associated with it.

It can cause cardiac related dangers, such as: accelerate heart rate, trouble breathing, elevated pulse and elevated blood pressure. There have been some instances where this has resulted in severe illness, hospitalization and death.

This is not to say that this drug may not effect you negatively in the slightest, I just wanted to report my findings so you can make an informed decision.

Here are some specifics I founf on Reduce (in the 15mg dosage):

Composition
    Each capsules of Reduce 15mg contains
    Sibutramine 15mg
    Product Description
    SIBUTRAMINE belong to the category of appetite suppressant.
    The Structural Formula:
    1-(4-chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-a-(2-methylpropyl)-cyclobutanemethanamine
    Molecular Formula:C17H26ClN
    Molecular Weight:279.85 g/mol
    Mechanism Of Action
    Inhibits reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine. May stimulate satiety center in brain, causing appetite suppression. Inhibits reuptake of Serotonin(5.H.T) nor adrenaline and to a lesser extent, dopamine in Vivo and in vitro M1 and M2 Metabolite are pharmacologically active and are up to about 100-fold more potent reuptake inhibitors than sibutramine has no effects on dopamine receptors, some thermogenic activity is evident at doses of 10mg apparent low abuse potential in humans.Reduce (Sibutramine) produce its therapeutic effect by Norepinephrine, Serotonin and dopamine reuptake inhibition.
    Pharmaco Kinetics
    Reduce reaches maximum therapeutic concentration in 1.2hrs. Food delays the absorption by 3hrs. Approximately 77% of the single oral dose is absorbed. Steady state reached with in 4days. Reduce (Sibutramine) is extensively bound and is rapidly and extensively distributed into tissue. It undergoes extensive first pas metabolism and is primarily by cytochromep4503A4 isoenzyme. Approximately 85% of the drug eliminated through urine.
    Indications
    Management of obesity, including weight loss and maintenance of weight loss and should be used in conjugation with a reduced calorie diet. Contra Indications
    Pregnancy and paediatric patients, hypersensitivity,patients receiving MAO inhibitors,anorexia,nervosa, patients taking other centrally acting appetite suppressant drug.
    Drug Interactions
    Should not be taken with mao inhibitors, and drugs that may raise blood pressure or heart rate. Should not be taken along with ephidrine, phenyl propanolamine.
    Adverse Effects
    Dry mouth,anorexia, constipation,insomnia, dizziness.
    Special Precautions
    Monitor BP regularly when prescribing sibutramine.
    Dosage
    Its recommended for obese patients with an initial BMI 30kg/m2 or 27kg/m2 in the presence of the risk factors(e.g. hypertension,diabetes,dyslipidemia).Initially 10mg of sibutramine is given once daily with or without food. If there is inadequate weight loss, the dose may be titrated after four weeks to a total of 15mg once daily

All in all I have found numerous positive reviews in which folks have had great success with the Thailand produced version of this medication. Just make it is not taken with mao inhibitors, and drugs that may raise blood pressure or heart rate; also it is not be taken along with ephidrine, phenyl propanolamine. And be sure to monitor your blood pressure regularly when taking sibutramine regardless of where the brand/manufacturer is located.

Later,

-WISH
    Helpful t c, cajunbulldog, Pangaea Rated helpful
    TAKE AS NEEDED FOR PAIN...

Wish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to beholdWish is a splendid one to behold

Just found an extremely infomative Q&A regarding this medication. This should be helpful to anyone currently using or considering getting an Rx for Reduce.

What is Reduce

Reduce is a weight loss slimming pill that supposedly works in 2 ways

*It creates a feeling of fullness meaning that users should feel more satisfied quickly after eating smaller portions of food

*It helps to keep the body’s metabolism from slowing down Reduce is a satiety enhancer. Its active ingredient is sibutramine hydrochloride

Monohydrate.

How Does Reduce Work?

Reduce works on the two brain chemicals

*Serotonin

*Noradrenaline

Reduce blocks the nerve cells that release and reabsorb serotonin. This means serotonin levels increase. These act in the brain and enhance

feelings of fullness so that you eat less and consequently lose weight. The result of all this is? A person who is taking Reduce will feel more

satisfied after eating a smaller portion of food and the frequency and intensity of cravings for bad unhealthy food will reduce.

Should I Take Reduce?

Like many weight loss alternatives, they should only be adopted if a person is obese and all other efforts involving diet and exercise have been

exhausted and unsuccessful. Even once Reduce is taken, close attention to the diet must still be paid, Reduce is simple an aid, albeit for many,

a very successful one.

Who is it suitable for?

Your doctor will decide whether Reductil is suitable for you. It will only be prescribed if your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 30 or more or your BMI is

27 or more and you have other weight-related health problems.

Is it Addictive?

Because Serotonin and Noradrenaline are associated with prescription and illegal drugs such as treatment for depression and the use of

Marijuana, the question is raised by some people, is Reduce addictive?

No it is not, it has been approved as a long term weight loss and management pill.

Do I still need to diet and exercise?

Yes! Reduce should be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet. Taking more exercise is also recommended.

Side Effects

Everyone reacts to chemicals differently so the side effects of Reduce will vary from person to person. Some people do not report side effects,

but some of the more common side effects reported include

*Headache

*Nausea

*Sweaty hands

*Dry mouth (some people reported this as a positive as it helped them to drink more water to satisfy the thirst)

*Constipation

*Hot flushes

*Insomnia

The list could be longer but you must remember, any drug on the market has a potentially long list of side effects. Any drug has the potential to

have a range of side effects in the general population.

How to use?

Take one capsule per day at least 30 minutes before your first meal. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, recommend at

least 10 glasses per day. Do not take more than 1 capsule per day, and 1 capsule per day should be taken at breakfast to avoid from insomnia

like side effects. Make sure to not skip any meals while on Reduce, it works best when you continue your normal eating pattern it just helps to

reduce the amount of food you take in throughout the day.

How to stop?

When you feel that you have reached your desired weight loss, or whatever your reason for taking reduce and want to get off of it, please

space the pills out to every other day, until the last pack is finished for the recommended period of 2 months

Not to be used in

* People over 65 years of age

* Children and adolescents under 18 years of age

* besity caused by a medical condition

* Severely decreased kidney function

* Severely decreased liver function

* Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension)

* History of coronary artery disease

* History of heart failure

* History of increased heart rate (tachycardia)

* History of irregular heart beats (arrhythmias)

* Strokes

* Tumour of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma)

* Psychiatric illness

* History of anorexia nervosa

* History of bulimia nervosa

* History of drug, alcohol or medication dependence or abuse

* People who have taken antidepressant, antipsychotic or appetite suppressant medicines, or tryptophan to aid sleep, in the last 14 days

* Pregnancy/Breastfeeding

Later,

-WISH
    Helpful t c, Jujusbee Rated helpful

@Wish Thanks for your great post!
    It's very informative.

I believe I took the Fruta Planta a couple years ago that contained sibutramine. I had purchased 2 boxes that were great, no hunger at all. I lost weight quickly. Then I purchased more from a different seller and they just weren't the same. I was really disappointed.
    Like Wish liked this post

@Jujusbee Drug potency and effectiveness often range drastically from one brand of medication to another and this is even more so a truism when your purchasing a specific medication from a third-world or undeveloped country. At times a med manufacturer can be as sought after as the drug itself b/c the alternative generics are essentially "trash"(a prime example of this can be viewed in the alprazolam thread on PR). Your absolutely correct and I don't see why this would be any different when applied to sibutramine hydrochloride.

Later,

-WISH
    Like Good-Girly, Gullible liked this post

Good-Girly is offline Honorable Member
    Good-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura aboutGood-Girly has a spectacular aura about

Hello, a friend of mine got some from Thailand. Said they were good but for the first week they made her feel nautious, so didn't really want to eat anyway. This subsided and they did shed some pounds.

She did not take them for long as prefers more stimulating wait loss aids.

I personally have been having great results with axcion and duromine 30mg. I set a goal to lose 14lbs in September and I only have 4lbs to go

Good luck with your goal x

GG
    Helpful Wish Rated helpful

@Good-Girly

I'm really hoping the Reduce 15mg will work for me, though I really like the Axcion AP.
    Cost analysis is as follows:
    Axcion for 30 pills $55
    Axcion for 30 pills $65
    Duromine 30 mg fo 60 pills $190
    Reduce 15mg for 100 pills $34
    (USD)

If the Reduce doesn't seem effective, i'll just stay with the Axcion AP.

4lbs, 7 days to go, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    LOL

pinkmoon is offline Senior Member
    pinkmoon will become famous soon enoughpinkmoon will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jujusbee View Post
    @Wish Thanks for your great post!
    It's very informative.

I believe I took the Fruta Planta a couple years ago that contained sibutramine. I had purchased 2 boxes that were great, no hunger at all. I lost weight quickly. Then I purchased more from a different seller and they just weren't the same. I was really disappointed.
    I loved Fruta Planta! I also miss it. It's good to hear sibutramine still exists somewhere; I plan on purchasing it again myself. I'm not very worried about the side effects, because my cardiovascular health is excellent. My blood pressure is generally 100/70.

@pinkmoon
    I found the Reduce doesn't work as well as the Axcion AP, but at least I can switch them so I don't develop a resistance. If you just goggle either one, you'll find some good sellers easily. (I don't have enough messages to reply to your PM)
    Good luck!
    Like Wish liked this post