NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 840 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Old formula Actifed

Django is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really nice

Default Old formula Actifed

I have always had allergies and grew up having bad nights trying to sleep anywhere even close to any kinds of mildew or mold. It was bad enough that when I was in grade school I had to get weekly allergy shots, which I hated.
    I am a country boy and was never happier than being in the woods and camping and 'roughing it'. And I always had rough times with my sleeping bags and old mildewy tents. When I was about 16 years old I tried Actifed first time, and from that time on, my breathing issues was over. No more shots and I was cruising to a happy nose breathing, no sweat free breathing life. But THEN the meth users screwed it all up and no more actifed. The original formula was psuedoephedrine and tripolidine (Dont know the specific amount of each per pill, but it was the same forever while they had it)
    Then, Actifed changed to new ingredients which does not work for me. I had to get it behind the counter and show ID. Well, that was not much of a hassle, but then there was no more actifed. I am here to tell you that sudafed is not same formula (no tripolidine) Walgreens had for a while their brand called Wal-Act, which was same formula. Happy days again. But soon, now they dont carry it anymore. WHY, Why I say. Doesnt anyone still make the original formula with the psuedo ephedrine and the tripolidine? Am I being weird and overlooking any product that will help as well?
    I have tried many, many of the behind the counter, newly controlled psuedoephedrine products, but there is none coupled with the original actifed formula and nothing has worked well for me since.
    I am hoping that someone here can shed some light on what happened and why such a popular medicine just up and dissapeared.
    I did not know exactly where to stick this thread, so I apologize in advance if misplaced.
    Helpful Quaalude, rc12 Rated helpful

Quaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to allQuaalude is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by trav67 View Post
    I have always had allergies and grew up having bad nights trying to sleep anywhere even close to any kinds of mildew or mold. It was bad enough that when I was in grade school I had to get weekly allergy shots, which I hated.
    I am a country boy and was never happier than being in the woods and camping and 'roughing it'. And I always had rough times with my sleeping bags and old mildewy tents. When I was about 16 years old I tried Actifed first time, and from that time on, my breathing issues was over. No more shots and I was cruising to a happy nose breathing, no sweat free breathing life. But THEN the meth users screwed it all up and no more actifed. The original formula was psuedoephedrine and tripolidine (Dont know the specific amount of each per pill, but it was the same forever while they had it)
    Then, Actifed changed to new ingredients which does not work for me. I had to get it behind the counter and show ID. Well, that was not much of a hassle, but then there was no more actifed. I am here to tell you that sudafed is not same formula (no tripolidine) Walgreens had for a while their brand called Wal-Act, which was same formula. Happy days again. But soon, now they dont carry it anymore. WHY, Why I say. Doesnt anyone still make the original formula with the psuedo ephedrine and the tripolidine? Am I being weird and overlooking any product that will help as well?
    I have tried many, many of the behind the counter, newly controlled psuedoephedrine products, but there is none coupled with the original actifed formula and nothing has worked well for me since.
    I am hoping that someone here can shed some light on what happened and why such a popular medicine just up and dissapeared.
    I did not know exactly where to stick this thread, so I apologize in advance if misplaced.
    @trav67

This is truly bizarre. I still have a nearly full bottle of this old formulation of Actifed that is as old as the hills. Funny you bring it up. This stuff used to be GREAT as I used it myself but since developing hypertension my MD wants me away from any type of stimulants unless a cold or sinus infection is SO BAD pseudoephedrine is a MUST. The way pharmacies control this stuff with pharmacy logs and photo ids is beyond idiotic. Guess you'd be SOL if you lived in Oregon where a valid Rx is required to even possess the stuff. No smurfing required there for sure. It really is too bad meth-heads ruined the convenience of frequent allergy and sinus sufferers. Yessireebob, the original formulation of Actifed was GREAT! To be honest, this stuff kind of made me drowsy due to the antihistamine component which helped with being wired on the pseudophedrine.

Q
    Helpful Django Rated helpful
    Like lttlmrmade liked this post

Django is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really niceDjango is just really nice

The funny thing is, I have since gotten sudafed which is nothing BUT psuedoephedrine, and it does not come close to helping open up my breathing like the actifed. I suspect that the addition of the tripolidine is the magic combo that made it work. But just try and find THAT stuff around. I would really LOVE to find a product with the original formula. I would have my doc check it out and prescribe it. Im not trying to slide thru regs or such, but, man, I miss the clear breathing early mornings out fishing or hunting without the constant drainage and stuffy head. And for any anti hunters, out there, lets just say I use hunting for the excuse needed to be out there, in the thick of it, where I see things and expereince things that a non outdoorsman wont ever understand. The animals have a better chance at being struck by lightening these days than by me. But there is a valid and a necessary place for responsible sportsman to do an important part in harvesting species that need to be kept in balance for the good of their and other species. Sorry, I did not mean to ramble.
    Helpful KKS Rated helpful

I have the same problem. When hay fever hits, Actifed was the only drug that would stop my nose from running like a hose. I would have to plug it up with a tissue to stop the run. Thank God I don't get allergies that bad anymore. Let us know if your Doctor has any suggestions.
    Like Django liked this post

Could anyone tell me how to add this thread (mainly the question I ask, looking for old formula or equivalent, Actifed) or move it to different areas in forum for more exposure?

Or (as I expect) is that against rules. I dont want to start multiple threads asking same thing. Which of the Mods should I ask?