NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 647 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of Lorazepam (ativan) at my local pharmacy

estodol1 is offline Member
    estodol1 will become famous soon enough

Default Price of Lorazepam (ativan) at my local pharmacy

I had a horrible panic attack yesterday and ended up in the ER where they gave me 2mg of lorazepam. They also sent me home with a script for more lorazepam that I filled today. The pharmacy charged me close to $3.50 per dose. Now, it's been a while since I've had to fill a script that stuff, but it seemed outrageously high to me.
    Last edited by estodol1; 05-04-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: grammer
    Like bob cobb liked this post

bob cobb is offline Banned Reason: Causing constant flame wars
    bob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura about

That does seem crazy high. I've had Ativan scripts before and remember only paying around 10 bucks, that is with insurance though. But if I'm not mistaken the price without insurance was only 20 bucks

Quaalude is offline Honorable Member
    Quaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of lightQuaalude is a glorious beacon of light

@estodol1
    I've had very bad luck with lorazepam in the past. I was involved in a class-action lawsuit several years back regarding price gouging over generic lorazepam. I was briefly prescribed generic 2mg by my GP (Mylan brand) and come to find out they (Mylan) were the ONLY, sole manufacturer at the time producing the generic drug. Creating a monopoly, they jacked the price sky-high and screwed thousands. After filing the paperwork, I was reimbursed from the settlement of the suit. Needless to say that when I hear talk of people getting prescribed lorazepam, I get suspicious. I'd personally take ANY benzodiazepine over lorazepam. Hate being bitter!
    Helpful Gullible, Sj2011 Rated helpful

I like lorazepam, it seems to work faster and a little better for stopping my panic attacks than alprazolam does. But the price just kinda took me by surprise.

I've never used an IOP before but I might have to. I found one with a price per dose of $0.55. And when you figure in shipping the price per dose goes to $0.65. I'm just not so sure about ordering online yet. Especially when it seems every IOP has mixed reviews except for AEC and it's sister sites, which aren't taking any new US costumers at the moment.

File Error 500 is offline Eminent Member
    File Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant futureFile Error 500 has a brilliant future

Without insurance generic Lorazepam is around $15 for 30 pills in the NY suburbs.
    Like bob cobb, Roz liked this post

tzabcan is offline Distinguished Member
    tzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nicetzabcan is just really nice

I pay 18 bucks for 40 pills without insurance in Northwest Ohio...

bob cobb is offline Banned Reason: Causing constant flame wars
    bob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura aboutbob cobb has a spectacular aura about

I guess I should say I live in the Kansas city suburbs, 20 bucks no insurance. That's for 30 pills.

@bob cobb I'm not to far from you. I'm in Omaha. Maybe the price would of been better if I had gotten more pills, the script was only for 5 1mg tabs.

JoeyButtafuoco is offline Eminent Member
    JoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud of

2mg benzos usually run around 25 dollars for #60 without insurance.

What pharm did you use?

I would call them up and ask to speak with the pharmacist b/c that seems like a mistake.

@jimmyfingers

It was the pharmacy at Hy-Vee, ( a grocery store in my neck of the woods).

They seem to always have the best prices on meds. As an example I tried to fill a script for ambien at Wal-greens for 30 10mg pills, the cost there was around $42. I got my script back and went to Hy-Vee down the street and their cost was $12.

alumni is offline Exalted Member
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by estodol1 View Post
    @bob cobb I'm not to far from you. I'm in Omaha. Maybe the price would of been better if I had gotten more pills, the script was only for 5 1mg tabs.
    Obviously the doctor wrote for brand. Typically $3.50-$4.00 per dose under 30 tablets.
    Generic would have been $.50-$.60 each.

artemis is offline Eminent Member
    artemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud ofartemis has much to be proud of

My script: 180-1mg lorazepam

ShopRite Pharmacy $15.60 (Ranbaxy generic)
    Walmart Pharmacy $67.50 (Ranbaxy generic)

I go to ShopRite.
    Helpful Keith K Stone, hossvcmc97 Rated helpful

orangeGorilla is offline Banned Reason: Banned for selling through the forum, and attempting to rip people off
    orangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to allorangeGorilla is a name known to all

I am prescribed the same thing but .5mg instead... I only pay I think 12 dollars for 30 at my pharmacy. Thats about half what you had to pay.. I would just ask for generic if you have to fill it again.

Roz
    Roz is offline Renowned Member
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    @estodol1
    Yes Actavis/Purepac make great xanax too.
    I recognize the logo.
    I get Qualitest #30ct ambien.
    $20.00 local mom & pop
    $76.00 Fred Meyer,CVS etc.
    Shop around!
    Like Keith K Stone, Blockhead liked this post

Sj2011 is offline Exalted Member
    Sj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud of

Sheat people. humana refuses to pay for benzo's period. Two doctors have agreed this med will be disbursed into my kidneys and not stomach
    @Rowell10 mg ambien for me was a knock me down med it took about 4 minutes to kick in. after taking other meds the ambien had no effect.I had to argue with a pshyc/pharmacologist just to get 30 count lorazapam. I been grilled by military pshyc's and i take no shit from a guy that coaches rich guys on how to improve their golf swing. He said what drug do you want? I replied what and tell you so you can put it on my record as drug seeking habit.your the doctor use that smart phone it will tell you.Sorry to rant, puppy woke me up early by licking my eye joe
    Like Keith K Stone liked this post

Roz
    Roz is offline Renowned Member
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    He said what drug do you want?
    Instead of pulling out the shopping list something like
    "Years ago I had a script for xyz and it was very effective?"
    Sorry to rant, puppy woke me up early by licking my eye joe
    Ahh..puppy love.

Sj2011 is offline Exalted Member
    Sj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud ofSj2011 has much to be proud of

@Rowell10mg, if only they were two puppys attached to a leggy model!
    Like Roz liked this post

alumni is offline Exalted Member
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by estodol1 View Post
    Then your pharmacy royally screwed you charging brand prices for generic pills. You might want to have a chat with them about that.

Rocksteady17 is offline Senior Member
    Rocksteady17 will become famous soon enoughRocksteady17 will become famous soon enough

Hi Estodol,

When you price shop you keep in mind lorazapam (and other drugs) can differ from one generic manufacturer to another. I never comparative price shop once I have a brand that is working well, which is probably why I'm always broke. Although the generic is suppose to be identical to the Brand name, there are fillers that aren't the same. I stay with all Watson brands (hope I'm allowed to say that). It's always uniform in strength. (I had to move to another pharmacy when 'W' quit carrying it). I did try their brand generic and it made be feel dizzy. There IS a difference in generics.
    I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

Estodol,

sorry! I meant to delete the 'you' in the first sentence. It sounds like I'm ordering you around!
    Last edited by Rocksteady17; 05-05-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Helpful hossvcmc97 Rated helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast