NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 525 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benzos and my Urine test - no valium script (Need help PLEASE)

Mickle1 is offline Senior Member
    Mickle1 will become famous soon enough

Default Benzos and my Urine test - no valium script (Need help PLEASE)

OK. So my job required I get a drug test that's fine. I put down that i was on clonazepam where it said if i take any medications ( I have a script for it). So there were three boxes.

-there were the five heavy drugs pcp, ect.

-panel - whatever that is

-And then POCT which when then hand printed with a BZO (benzo) and that was the one that was checked off. I wonder if I didn't put clonazepam there they wouldn't have done that test?? Does anyone know?

So today I got a phone call from the drug place saying that I tested positive for valium and then she asked me what the doctors name was and number. I toldd her that I would call her back because I dont have it in front of me (Which was a lie). So I don't have a valium script but I do take it.

Now Should I just say that i take clonazepam and maybe your testing got confused, Or give her the Dr.s name who once prescribed me valium 8 months ago? Or just give her the name and Number of the Dr. Who prescribes me The clonazepam.

I would really appreciate you guys for helping me out in any way shape or form LOL. Any exxperience or any helpful advice I'll buy you guys a sandwich.

thanks

nn2thelight is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mickle1 View Post
    OK. So my job required I get a drug test that's fine. I put down that i was on clonazepam where it said if i take any medications ( I have a script for it). So there were three boxes.

-there were the five heavy drugs pcp, ect.

-panel - whatever that is

-And then POCT which when then hand printed with a BZO (benzo) and that was the one that was checked off. I wonder if I didn't put clonazepam there they wouldn't have done that test?? Does anyone know?

So today I got a phone call from the drug place saying that I tested positive for valium and then she asked me what the doctors name was and number. I toldd her that I would call her back because I dont have it in front of me (Which was a lie). So I don't have a valium script but I do take it.

Now Should I just say that i take clonazepam and maybe your testing got confused, Or give her the Dr.s name who once prescribed me valium 8 months ago? Or just give her the name and Number of the Dr. Who prescribes me The clonazepam.

I would really appreciate you guys for helping me out in any way shape or form LOL. Any exxperience or any helpful advice I'll buy you guys a sandwich.

thanks
    Since she specificly mentioned valium I would play it safe and use that script. No where is it written that you have to take it every day. I would say I only take it when I need it and that should cover your butt... good luck
    Like Chancer, keli_, chillax liked this post

Chancer is offline Eminent Member
    Chancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud ofChancer has much to be proud of

@Mickle1

Definitely use the Valium script doctor, they don't insist you have to take them straight away so you could have just kept them in the cupboard for PRN use and only use them sporadically! :-)

Good Luck!
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful
    Like Hypoxicsapphire, fatalframe liked this post
    Sometimes saying nothing is worth a 1000 words; The Dalai Lama

billyboy is offline Exalted Member
    billyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond repute
    billyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You're obviously not going to say "your testing got confused." That's ludicrous. If you have a script for Valium from one doctor and a script for clonazepam from another, that's a red flag. If the Valium script is 8 months old and you have a high level in your system, you're fuked.

Regardless, you lied on your application and whatever you say will just dig a deeper hole, so I wouldn't expect a job offer. Learn from your mistake. Be prepared to have an explanation for both doctors.
    Last edited by billyboy; 10-18-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Helpful Coheed, File Error 500 Rated helpful
    Like smmtty liked this post

Hypoxicsapphire is offline Senior Member
    Hypoxicsapphire will become famous soon enoughHypoxicsapphire will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Chancer View Post
    @Mickle1

Definitely use the Valium script doctor, they don't insist you have to take them straight away so you could have just kept them in the cupboard for PRN use and only use them sporadically! :-)

Good Luck!
    Yes, I agree. If you had a script in the past from a doc- that should cover you. There is no reason why you couldn't have taken one PRN (as needed). Explain you had a few left over and for whatever reason, you needed to take one recently. Valium is heavily prescribed also for muscle strains and neck/back pain...at least at the facility I work. If you had a legit doc in the past write you this rx, def give his/her name.

And not to get on my soap box, but I absolutely hate these #(%&#!! urine and hair follicle drug tests. I believe these tests are against our constitutional rights. As long as you don't go to work altered, I feel employers have no right interrogating our medical history.

Good Luck Again
    Helpful Chancer Rated helpful

My bad you guys. I never got a script for vaalium from my doc. It was only because I was in the hospital for they put me on it. So yeah.

JoeyButtafuoco is offline Eminent Member
    JoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud ofJoeyButtafuoco has much to be proud of

You are screwed. Learn from your mistakes
    Helpful billyboy, File Error 500 Rated helpful

fatalframe is offline Distinguished Member
    fatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to beholdfatalframe is a splendid one to behold

How long ago was your hospital visit? Maybe you could still explain the positive result with the valium they gave you there. Also in one of your previous posts you said you were prescribed with valium; however in your last post you write that you never had a script for it *confused* (how is that even possible? ^^ Or were you referring to your hospital visit?). Either way, if you ever were prescribed with it go get in touch with the institution that handed out the the pills to you, get a confirmation from them and then go by what Chancer said.
    Like Chancer liked this post

Coheed is offline Eminent Member
    Coheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud of

This might be a little off topic but is this some high paying job? U only ask because I've only ever had to take a five panel UA for my job which I thought didn't test for benzos, also my UA I take at my clinic just shows up as benzo for my Xanax use and doesn't tell the difference between benzos. Sounds kind of strange that they are going thru all this trouble then again I've had my job for 13 years so I guess things change.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 3 minutes after the last post:*

Did you know that you would be taking the test when you did? If so why didn't you just stop taking the vals? Also do you take the klons with vals together? Again I'm just curious that's all
    Last edited by Coheed; 10-19-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Like SpaceMatters liked this post

nola is offline Distinguished Member
    nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Coheed View Post
    This might be a little off topic but is this some high paying job? U only ask because I've only ever had to take a five panel UA for my job which I thought didn't test for benzos, also my UA I take at my clinic just shows up as benzo for my Xanax use and doesn't tell the difference between benzos. Sounds kind of strange that they are going thru all this trouble then again I've had my job for 13 years so I guess things change.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 3 minutes after the last post:*

Did you know that you would be taking the test when you did? If so why didn't you just stop taking the vals? Also do you take the klons with vals together? Again I'm just curious that's all
    Brother Vals stay in your system FOREVER!!! I pissed dirty at the clinic for six count em' freakin SIX WEEKS!!! Although i had been taking 30-40mg a day for a couple or more years as prescribed. The clinics her where im from dont care if you have a script or not. they just flat out cut your methadone dose in half or kick you off all together. But Vals, and benzos in general stay in your system a long time. The bad thing is with Valium it builds up in your body over time and stores itself in your fatty tissue similar to THC. But Valium is much harder to get out of your system after extended use than THC. My advice is to get a legit script if possible or quit taking benzos until you secure a good job. I know thats easier said than done, but as they say"you gotta do what you gotta do".
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful
    Like Roz, Chancer liked this post
    who dat say they gonna beat dem Saints

billyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond repute
    billyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond reputebillyboy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheed View Post
    This might be a little off topic but is this some high paying job?
    Based on the spelling and grammar, it certainly doesn't require a graduate degree; based on the misrepresentation to the employer and confusion in the posts, it obviously doesn't require common sense.

Those are usually requirements for high salaried positions. I seriously doubt she'll need to devise some excuse or story because a few probing questions from the employer will expose her credibility. She is not only a liability to the company, but, if she's working with the public, she's a liability to them.
    Like fatalframe, DrAm liked this post

Coheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud of

@nola yes I know Valium stays on ur system a really long time and is probably the longest acting benzo so yea I guess I asked a stupid question. The clinic I go to doesn't care if you use benzos as long as they are prescribed and they count the pills on occasion.
    Helpful dragonxp, Hypoxicsapphire Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy1965 View Post
    Based on the spelling and grammar, it certainly doesn't require a graduate degree; based on the misrepresentation to the employer and confusion in the posts, it obviously doesn't require common sense.

Those are usually requirements for high salaried positions. I seriously doubt she'll need to devise some excuse or story because a few probing questions from the employer will expose her credibility. She is not only a liability to the company, but, if she's working with the public, she's a liability to them.
    LOL BURN!!!

I'll have a number 34 spare ribs with a side of deep fried SNAP!!

LOL BURN!!!

I'll have a number 34 spare ribs with a side of deep fried SNAP!!
    I would estimate any member who has been here at least 6 months with 350 or more posts saw that coming.

There's solid advice in my responses if you look deep enough or read between the lines. Before any job application/interview process, etc., not only do you rehearse, but you consider every factor that can impact you negatively.

Everybody makes mistakes. Be sure to learn from them.
    Helpful Chancer, Hypoxicsapphire Rated helpful
    Like Mickle1, Cash liked this post

mimi is offline Exalted Member
    mimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond reputemimi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but don't drug tests just say positive or negative for benzodiazepines? Is it common for drug tests to actually determine what specific benzodiazepine was actually taken - I guess I thought they only did this for autopsies?? I'm surprised an employer would actually test for specific benzos. I guess I thought they only tested for benzodiazepines in general. @Mickle1-are you applying to work for NASA Seriously though, I'm surprised they knew you were specifically taking Valium rather than a benzodiazepine in general. I guess I'm just confused like always
    Like Roz liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mimi07 View Post
    Ok, this may be a dumb question, but don't drug tests just say positive or negative for benzodiazepines? Is it common for drug tests to actually determine what specific benzodiazepine was actually taken - I guess I thought they only did this for autopsies?? I'm surprised an employer would actually test for specific benzos. I guess I thought they only tested for benzodiazepines in general. @Mickle1-are you applying to work for NASA Seriously though, I'm surprised they knew you were specifically taking Valium rather than a benzodiazepine in general. I guess I'm just confused like always
    I think its cause I mentioned on the sheet of of paper that I was taking clonazepam.

motherfooker is offline Senior Member
    motherfooker has a spectacular aura aboutmotherfooker has a spectacular aura aboutmotherfooker has a spectacular aura aboutmotherfooker has a spectacular aura aboutmotherfooker has a spectacular aura about

Valium and Xanax are the most abused benzos. Of course work places will individual test each one.

Street__Pharmacist is offline Senior Member
    Street__Pharmacist will become famous soon enoughStreet__Pharmacist will become famous soon enoughStreet__Pharmacist will become famous soon enoughStreet__Pharmacist will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by motherfooker View Post
    Valium and Xanax are the most abused benzos. Of course work places will individual test each one.
    Last time I read Xanax was the most abused benzo in the US and Valium was #4 after Klonopin and Ativan.

And to the OP: You must of been going for one hell of a nice job for them to have a drug test that can distinguish between Klonopin and Valium. Same family, both long half lifes, etc... Interesting
    Like Chancer liked this post

I think that's because Valium is probably the fourth most prescribed benzo behind the others you listed. @street_pharmacist

smmtty is offline Senior Member
    smmtty will become famous soon enoughsmmtty will become famous soon enough

Default Honest is always the best policy

I think its cause I mentioned on the sheet of of paper that I was taking clonazepam.
    I think it is probably because you did not put down that you were taking a benzo.

@mimi07I applied for a job at Blockbuster (and this was several years ago) and one of the requirements was a hair test! At Blockbuster! I was so shocked, and also knew I would fail it as anything you have taken in years will show up in a hair test, that I just sat there with my mouth hanging open I just kept saying "a hair test? its not national security". Needless to say, I never got called back.

I am in the health care field now and every job I have applied for and been offered the job contingent on a drug screen and back ground check has given me 3 to 4 weeks to get the test done. I have always been honest about the medication I take (regardless if I have a prescription for it or not) and also my criminal background and I have never had a problem. People will give you a chance (usually) as long as you are upfront with them. I am a pot smoker, so I just stop until I pass the drug test and I have never been asked for a prescription, maybe as I don't lie about what I take. Its a bummer, but I hope you learned a valuable life lesson @Mickle1
    Helpful mimi Rated helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast