Thread: How much Ativan (lorazepam) does it take for it to be throughly lethal

Default How much Ativan (lorazepam) does it take for it to be throughly lethal

I am fairly heavy as well.
    No one knows me so no one knows that it's "all worth it'. I know what I know. How come no one will answer my question? And I know all about botching it up and remaining a vegetable. THAT is WHY I am asking how many 1mg pills would someone need to be lethal? 100? 50?

2. What are you trying to do? Kill yourself? Ativan is a very strong drug. I once had a prescription for it. I took 2mg as needed to stop seizure clusters, and just that small amount would knock me out cold. I would sleep for 2 days and have slurred speech. Ativan isn't something to play with.

3. You say you are heavy. what is your weight? Can I ask why you want to take them? Are you depressed or something? Remember hun, every problem has a solution whether you can see it or not.

Nobody wants to answer because we don't want to feel 1% responsible for you taking your life. I hope you can understand. I do know how much will kill you, but I can't and won't say

4. Don't do it. Your life is worth it.

Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    It sure does sound like you are suicidal i do not know what the lethal dose of lorazepam is. But I do know if you commit suicide you will be sent back down here to start all over again.

cajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant future

No one even medical professionals really know how rugged the body in it's ability to survive. I tried in 1995 with a related drug and just slept for 36 hours.You should be in a hospital setting right now for evaluation.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

From what I've read, the lethal dose of ativan is thought to be around 1.85grams. That's the equivalent of 1,850mg. Considering that ativan comes in doses ranging from 0.5mg to 2mg, you would have to take a minimum of 3,700 of the 0.5mg pills, or 925 of the 2mg pills. If you attempt to ingest that many pills, you will probably just vomit all over the place unless you have a prescription anti-emetic. According to "night falls Fast" by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison, the two only effective means of suicide are firearms and falls from heights. Medication overdose frequently fails to kill you and causes lifelong damage to your liver and/or kidneys. Don't try it.

It's actually pretty difficult to overdose just on benzos. Most people who overdose use a combination of CNS depressants. Heath Ledger, for instance, use not one but three different types of benzodiazepines, doxylamine (the antihistamine found in Nyquil) and it was either oxycodone or hydrocodone, I can't remember which.

If you're seriously thinking of hurting yourself though there are places that can help you. Just go to the nearest hospital and check into the Psych ER, or if they don't have one, they will refer you to the nearest psychiatric hospital. Don't do it, trust me it's not worth the pain you'll cause your family and friends, scarring them forever.
    Helpful dayton Rated helpful

kineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant future

I think you guys are a little late saving this guy! You are replying to a thread that was posted 3-13-2009.We better check the obituaries,and see if he succeded at his attempt!

mlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enough

Lorazepam LD50 (lethal dose of 50% of the population.) Oral LD50 Rat = 20 gm/ kg. Oral LD50 Mouse = 22 gm/kg.

10. Kineticode, I was just about to post that. You beat me by 5 minutes.

There seems to be a lot of very old posts with very new replies.
    Oh well, sometimes the new replies can be full of good information, so maybe it isn't entirely a bad thing.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

@kineticode I realize that some of the posts are very old, such as this one. In regards to this thread, who knows what happened to this guy? Anyone dead set on committing suicide will find a way eventually, whether you withhold information or no. I know of a bulletproof way to commit suicide but I for damn sure am not going to share that with anyone. Medication overdose, however, is more likely to land you in the hospital on suicide watch than put you in the morgue.

I think some members are genuinely trying to contribute to discussions, and if they revive some old threads, my opinion is, so be it. Perhaps they can share something new, some new insight. Would you rather have a thousand new threads started? I would like to give everyone the chance to participate in the forum, so long as they contribute something of value---information, insight, entertainment, amusement, advice, pretty much anything except spam or nonsensical posts or posts to "PM me". @drboris has a challenging job, trying to recognize the threads which would benefit from revival and exclude the ones meant to just jack up post count.

Quote Originally Posted by QVC1212 View Post
    It's actually pretty difficult to overdose just on benzos. Most people who overdose use a combination of CNS depressants. Heath Ledger, for instance, use not one but three different types of benzodiazepines, doxylamine (the antihistamine found in Nyquil) and it was either oxycodone or hydrocodone, I can't remember which.

If you're seriously thinking of hurting yourself though there are places that can help you. Just go to the nearest hospital and check into the Psych ER, or if they don't have one, they will refer you to the nearest psychiatric hospital. Don't do it, trust me it's not worth the pain you'll cause your family and friends, scarring them forever.
    Pills don't work and it's not worth it. I tried to OD on about 30-40mgs of xanax and it did nothing but make my life worse at the time. Seek help, go to the hospital. I've been there. The short of it, Wife's cheating on me, getting a divorce, chance of losing my girls and not seeing them again (b/c of the 2 suicide attempts), on probation at work b/c of my attitude (b/c of the divorce). Then if I lose my job, I lose my house and everything else. So I'm basically losing everything.

The first time in the hospital helped me a little bit and to see things in a different way. Not to focus on the big picture, which is hard for me, focus on what you need to do today to feel the way you want. Then slowly think of what you want for the future and create smaller goals to accomplish this.

The second time in the hospital was more of a, man I could have it so much worse situation. They didn't have room in the general psych ward so they had to put me with the real nut jobs. OMG!!! Interacting with people with multiple personalities, true psychos and other stuff. It was really only me and 1other "sane" person in this ward. It really puts things into perspective.

Get to a hospital and get help.
    Helpful QVC1212 Rated helpful

13. Quote Originally Posted by CyberGlitch View Post
    Pills don't work and it's not worth it. I tried to OD on about 30-40mgs of xanax and it did nothing but make my life worse at the time. Seek help, go to the hospital. I've been there. The short of it, Wife's cheating on me, getting a divorce, chance of losing my girls and not seeing them again (b/c of the 2 suicide attempts), on probation at work b/c of my attitude (b/c of the divorce). Then if I lose my job, I lose my house and everything else. So I'm basically losing everything.

The first time in the hospital helped me a little bit and to see things in a different way. Not to focus on the big picture, which is hard for me, focus on what you need to do today to feel the way you want. Then slowly think of what you want for the future and create smaller goals to accomplish this.

The second time in the hospital was more of a, man I could have it so much worse situation. They didn't have room in the general psych ward so they had to put me with the real nut jobs. OMG!!! Interacting with people with multiple personalities, true psychos and other stuff. It was really only me and 1other "sane" person in this ward. It really puts things into perspective.

Get to a hospital and get help.
    I have a massive tolerance to every drug there is including alcohol. I don't know why or how. My mother and father had serious chemical dependency issues. They were both on multiple drugs when I was conceived. My mom also smoked very much weed and took many benzos while I grew in her womb.. lol. This may or may not have anything to do with it, but my first time ever taking alprazolam,, I was 14 years old 5'2"and 110 lbs. I took 2.5 mg and had barely any effect. Off topic as hell. But anyway. Ive tried killing myself through drug overdose twice. The first time was 30mg alprazolam. I slept for 12 hours and woke up completely fine.. Next time I attempted I decided I was goin all out. No turning back. At this point im 5'8" 140 lbs took 1200mg trazadone 40mg lorazepam 80mg propranolol and 12mg zanaflex and my BAC was 0.46 I don't know. It seems that surviving this was WTF?! status.. Woke up three days later in ICU. Had ripped an IV out of my arm in drunken rage. Six weeks later, there is still a massive gash on my arm from ripping through skin, a very very sore vein, and a huge bruise north south east and west of the vein, which may be no good anymore. Anyway, like cyberglitch said, don't try to OD on benzos (or try to kill yourself period). Its simply has a small chance of working in my experiences. And, it will surely land you in a psych. ward if anyone finds out. Which will quickly change your attitude, which often times is needed. My ward is a very low end facility for people with state provided or no insurance whatsoever. There are no separation of patients based on severity. I learned my lesson. It seems to me that if I could survive my most recent attempt, the only explanation to it is that God was not ready for me. And who the hell am I, or you, to interfere with God's greater plan? Don't take the Ativan. Just get help.
    Last edited by nigw; 05-09-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigw View Post
    Had ripped an IV out of my arm in drunken rage.
    Oh man, that reminds me of my 2nd attempt, first time in hospital. Again, don't remember most of it b/c of the xanax but they gave me a catheter. Apparently I didn't like it very much and kept trying to pull it out.

The following day when I actually "woke up", man was I sore down there and I go to scratch and like wtf, my hands are tied. So they took off the straps, I go to scratch and like wtf! I want this out now, pretty please. A friend said I kept trying to pull the damn thing out and that's why I was so sore.

oh the things you do on benzos and never remember.

It took me weeks to figure out how the hell I scratched/dented up my car in the spot I did after the first attempt. Kept telling myself I had to of hit someone b/c the spot it was at couldn't of happened pulling into the car port. Then I was worrying about who I hit and what kind of damage, couldn't of been much but still. Weeks later I come home the opposite way I normally do, so drive into the car port from a different direction and all the dots line up. I scraped/hit the metal supports for the car port.

Forget roofies, give someone a whole bottle of xanax and they won't remember anything they do for a good day or 2.

15. Benzo's would be the least effective drug class to kill yourself with. I feel so sorry for people who commit or try to commit suicide. I was severly depressed in my late teens and sought professional help. At my darkest hour I briefly thought about suicide. After some life-changes and treatment and anti-depressents I feel like a different person. @CyberGlitch is exactly right. It sounds simple but seeing the big picture can be the difference. Here are some steps that helped me.

1) Tell your loved ones. Your family and REAL friends are an essential support system. Right now your barely able to function. Don't be afraid to depend on the people who love you to take care of alot of loose ends and day to day crap that you can't deal with. Emotional support is extremely cathardic. Knowing how much you mean to them will give you purpose to get better.

2) Go to the hospital. Getting diagnosed will help define what's wrong with you. I can't stress how important this step is to recovery. How can anyone get better without knowing what's wrong with them? You won't feel alone or crazy anymore knowing that so many people are going throught the same thing you are. You'll get the medicine and tools to start you on your way to recovery.

3) Never make a decision in the moment. If you feel that the misery is unbearable and you can't deal with it another minute STOP, pick up the phone and call a loved one or heath professinal immediately. Killing yourself isn't the correct outcome, getting through this agonizing period is.

4) Contemplate the following:

How would my death impact the people I love? At some point you should reach the conclusion that it would potentially ruin the lives of everyone who loves you. You will come to regard suicide as too selfish of an act to carry out.

Will I always feel like this? The answer is NO! You may feel unbearable misery and the darkness may trick you into thinking it's forever, but it's not. You've heard all things that go up must come down? It's true the other way around too. Once you've hit bottom you can't go any lower. The trick I used was to sleep as much as possible. At this point your saving your own life. Right now nothing has enjoyment and you have zero energy. If it means you have to sleep most of two weeks YOU DESERVE IT! Chances are this won't happen because you've already sought help and on the road to recovery.

If you are too embarrassed to tell your loved ones, don't think they'd understand, the source of your depression, or don't have any. email me @ jimbo_g_funk@yahoo.com. I'll give you my phone number and get you through this!
    Last edited by going4broke; 05-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.

@QVC1212 - I concur with your sentiments. Plus, even if this guy made it through his darkest moments and forgot he ever posted this, other people in dark places are likely to happen upon this thread and think "hmmm this might be nice to know...", and may click on the link, seeking answers. All such lonely e-travelers should be met with compassionate reminders that life is worth living and help is worth seeking, IMHO...

17. If that person didn't find whatever information here, he/she can sure as hell find it elsewhere. Hiding information and censorship doesn't work.. We should be free to discuss as we please. Anyway as an addition to what yall are saying.. I really really wanted game over. I had wanted it for a while. Thats why I chose my second method. Seemed fool proof.. I am not depressed. I do not have depression. I have extremely sever anxiety and panic disorders.. At times, I feel so "overwhelmed" I will explode. I'm so scared of absolutely everything and everyone. Sometimes, most times, for no reason whatsoever. But It is the overwhelming body&mind load, the racing(to the 10th power) thoughts, plus the major inflation of every single trouble or issue and situation I'm in. The paranoid irrational thoughts. I see no end. I feel no end. I fear life and the ones that love me more than a burning eternity in hell and therefore this is an everyday struggle. I'm determined to come out on top and have decided no weapon will prosper when formed against God, or His will. So I can damage every part of my body until life = or > than misery in its purest form, and until it is my time, my time here is out of my control. Back on topic. This post will surely make no positive impact on the OP. He could be gone anyhow. But posting this helped me express how I feel, and could impact current active members. That is whats important, not how old this originally was