Thread: Can you mix klonopin and ambien

1. Default Can you mix klonopin and ambien

any bad side effects?

2. The pharmacist is the best person to ask that question to...they even know better than the Dr.s

3. You should check with your pharmacist or your doctor.

I wouldn't advise it.

Anyone who has depression shouldn't take Ambien it will increase the severity of the depression or at least it did for me.

It was awful. It helped me sleep but then the next day I would cry so hard and I couldn't stop crying or get my breath long enough to tell anyone that I didn't know what was wrong. I cried so hard for so long that my shirt was wet and my chest hurt.

I'll never take it again! But that's just my personal experience with it. The Klonopin alone should be plenty by itself.

4. You get klonopinambiensiosis. It's a kind of itchy rash. It occurs in the most embarrassing places and is very very difficult not to scratch.

5. lol kpins make you relaxed. ambien will knock you out! i saw ask any pharmasist in a drug store, or call ur doctor. im sure there is some way for yuo to be able to take the kpin to relieve stressed and anxiety with being able to take ur sleep medicine in a healthy way.

Good luck & peace

Chemically speaking, these two medications do not have any adverse interactions when taken together. However, since medications affect each person differently, then you may want to see how it affects you. These are two potent medications. You may want to check on other alternatives with your doctor should you experience any bad effect with them.

Hope this helps.

7. NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! You will definitely have very negative side effects such as paralysis, brain damage or even death!! DON'T DO IT!!!!

8. kimberlee, I hope you are joking nothing like that will happen !!! Ambien binds to a different receptor site in you brain and klonopin binds to the opiate receptor sites... therefore please be careful how much you take each day since it accumulates in your body, but of course get the final advice from your Dr....

9. Well i think m6dude is totaly right and the best thing to do is to ask your pharmcist..

10. Haha if you're looking to get ****ed up go ahead, i mean itll knock you on your ass big time. If youre talking pharmaceutical reasons, then I dont see why you would be talking the two at the same time in any situation, seeing as how clonazepam can be quite sedative.

11. Default Can you mix klonopin and ambien

Not at all a good idea and I do not think it will be effective either in the long run.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 09-01-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: removed ad link in signature

12. everybody is different but i can tell you i cant sleep and i have many medical issues ive taken ambien,15.. klonipin.1mg serequel.up to 600 mg perks all at once and here i am still in pain and sleeping 1 or 2 hrs ,i dont like pain meds so i dont take them often. i can say if i take 15 ambien im ok 20 i do weird things in my sleep like laundry dishes phone calls lol

Well, the literature and the Docs will tell you no -- Both are CNS depressants, both operate on the GABA receptors, yeah, yeah, we get it. There's an n% chance that n% of patients could die from the combination, so there's definitely risk.

I'm not a big fan of Klonopin, although I've been prescribed it a few times, and while I was using it Ambien wasn't on the market yet. However, I think my life would be hell without Alprazolam, and for me, at least, as soon as my dosage of Alprazolam was upped to 1mg 2x per day as needed, Ambien flat stopped working for me. I don't have a chemical or a medical background, but my gut feeling is that the Ambien has such a weaker effect on the GABA receptors, once you start on a "real" benzo, i.e., Klonopin, Diazepam, Alprazolam...the effect of the stronger benzo just overwhelms the effect of the Ambien to the point where it's a waste to take it.

Now, since you are taking Percocet, Seroquel, Klonopin, and Ambien, all at once, and all right before you go to bed I'm assuming, you are dangerously close to a "Heath Ledger Cocktail" -- I think the only missing ingredient might be booze, and I believe he was using Vicodin rather than Percocet. Just my opinion, and I realize everyone's body is different, but I think you're taking too many meds, and a particularly dangerous combination of them. Please be careful.
    Gone is the soldier, gone to the wars...

yeah death

15. DO NOT MIX THEM! if you have trouble falling asleep and also staying asleep, just get ambien cr, it has some sort of molecule that helps the pills desolve slower or something like that, try pharmacykingdom i get that from the through fedex COD overnight, kinda pricy but worth it lol

16. I may not be a doctor or a pharmasist, but I have had to go through both to get my Ambien and Klonopin. The Klonopin is to relax the nerves which can cause a sedative effect, but it is used for sezuires and panic attacks and PTSD.

Ambien was given to me because I couldnt sleep because of the Panic Attacks and Ptsd and it is working great. If you are asking if they are ok to use together yes if you use them in moderation. I promise.

PV2 Peters, Carolyn

rastastix will become famous soon enoughrastastix will become famous soon enoughrastastix will become famous soon enoughrastastix will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by PV2 Peters, Carolyn View Post
    I may not be a doctor or a pharmasist, but I have had to go through both to get my Ambien and Klonopin. The Klonopin is to relax the nerves which can cause a sedative effect, but it is used for sezuires and panic attacks and PTSD.

Ambien was given to me because I couldnt sleep because of the Panic Attacks and Ptsd and it is working great. If you are asking if they are ok to use together yes if you use them in moderation. I promise.

PV2 Peters, Carolyn
    This is the general idea folks. If all of this is being prescribed than your doctor should certainly be able to answer your questions. But the general idea that we would all do well to follow is to use our medications for the conditions for which they were prescribed. Given that none of these posts gives any information about the most crucial piece of the puzzle, dosage and timing, it is very difficult to make any kind of educated judgement on the situation, let alone provide accurate advice.

A quick word to the wise: if you are looking for feedback on potential interactions between drugs and effects of such, you would be well served to give as much information as you can (that you are comfortable sharing), only then can you be given accurate advice on your specific situation(s).

it's been my experience that mixing downers can be dangerous.

merrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to behold

It really depends on your tolerance level, and what kind of dosage level you're talking about here. Have you talked to your doctor about this combo? It's not an uncommon prescription for people with anxiety and insomnia issues (which tend to go hand in hand), but there's no reason to take both meds if one is already doing the trick. From what I've heard, intermediate-acting benzos like Klonopin tend to lose their sleep-inducing properties pretty quickly due to tolerance, and they're more often prescribed for anxiety disorders. If your only issue is falling asleep, then Ambien is the more logical med of choice. There's no reason to go overboard if you're taking either of these for therapeutic reasons.

20. I wouldn't do it unless your doctor says it's okay. Ambian makes you forget and so does benzos.