Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quaaludes, methaqualone - Hippy Help

barbital is offline Banned Reason: Breaking the forum rules / sending abusive emails
    barbital will become famous soon enough

Default Quaaludes, methaqualone - Hippy Help

Does anyone know if they make methaqualone any more? I know its a barbiturate but people try to pawn them off as other sedatives or relaxants. I need some old time hippy help here!

Blockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Blockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by barbital View Post
    Does anyone know if they make methaqualone any more? I know its a barbiturate but people try to pawn them off as other sedatives or relaxants. I need some old time hippy help here!
    @barbital, Methaqualone is not a Barbiturate and to the best of my knowledge is only available in South Africa as Mandrax. I do not know of any method to obtain it short of planning a trip to the region.
    Helpful barbital Rated helpful
    Like miffytherabbit liked this post

barbital is offline Banned Reason: Breaking the forum rules / sending abusive emails

Default Thanks for the information.

Methaqualone is a sedative-hypnotic drug that is similar in effect to barbiturates. Here are some names, Sopors, Ludes or Mandrax. I use to use a pharmacy from South Africa and they would ship from Germany, Sweeden and other European countries. Thansks for the Info.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 11 minutes after the last post:*

Thanks for the information you were right quaaludes are not barbiturates they just have a barbiturate sensation which is alright with me. I must have read it wrong and assumed. I better verify things before I post. In this case proff reading :-) But I do appreciate the info.
    Last edited by barbital; 07-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.

'Ludes simply aren't being made any more. I have vague recollections of a smaller pharma company that may have bought the rights to the name and production a few years back, but I haven't seen anything from it.

Sometimes you do still come across them. There may have been some 'Ludes or Mandrax sold on Silkroad recently.

That is the impression and thought I had, that LUDES where not being made any more. I will have to research some more.

That is the impression and thought I had, that LUDES where not being made any more. I will have to research some more.
    You certainly won't be able to find them officially. Occasionally they will come up though. When I was living in a different country a friend would occasionally synth a batch of Methaqualone, although that was never for 'sale' per se. Lovely things.

Sometimes people will find and sell some very old pills which are usually fine.

It'll drive you insane looking for them!

If you're really desperate to try some good barbs though, I hate to say that Mexico is the best bet, or if after some 'ludes, South Africa. As in, going there in person.

do you recommend any sites in Mexico.. I would love to get fiorinal - barbital

derpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud ofderpderp has much to be proud of

@barbital

You know you're really posting all these threads in the wrong part of the forum? Did you notice the name of this part of the forum "Guide to how to use the forum"? I'm surprised a mod or another member hasn't mentioned this yet. Although I haven't looked at the other half dozen threads you've posted here. This is the wrong section to post questions about drugs. You'll get more responses in the proper section I've posted a link to below.

General advice - Pharmacy Reviewer Forums
    Helpful barbital, Keith K Stone Rated helpful

@barbital methaqualone is a schedule 1 drug across the US, please if you could go over the rules to make sure that you retain yourself from asking for sources to see where you can obtain sched 1 or 2 meds. Please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

The more you continue to ask for sched 1 or 2 meds the more I continue to either, edit or delete the threads. Please if you are asking about where to obtain fioricet and things of that nature 1 thread is completely fine, no need to go into differenct sections of the forums asking sort of the same questions every where.

I will go ahead and let today slide, but if the requests for sched 1 or 2 meds continue I will have to give you a infraction, and if it keeps up just give you some time out to go over the rules and let you back into the forums a few days later.

I don't think anyone has had any problems with the rules, in fact they've been able to adapt to them with no problem. Not saying that you are having a problem, but all I am trying to say is to please go over the forum rules if you haven't. Sorry if this post upsets you in any way but, we have to abide to the rules just for the sake of the forum you know.

If this forum became a source for sched 1 or 2 meds, LE or any form of LE would be all over the place causing chaos and giving us no way of finding what we need. Many have been able to get away with it but, its just to avoid any future issues, that's all.
    Last edited by kmontayne; 07-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Like sbg, petenyc, club liked this post

sbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to behold

Thank you @kaymontane for keeping on top of things so that this great forum can continue to exist .
    Like teresita liked this post

do you recommend any sites in Mexico.. I would love to get fiorinal - barbital
    I'm not sure what fiorinal is. But there are pleny of US sites where you can get fiorocet overnighted pretty reasonable. Is this the same as fiorinal with APAP added or am I missing something?

miffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    @barbital, Methaqualone is not a Barbiturate and to the best of my knowledge is only available in South Africa as Mandrax. I do not know of any method to obtain it short of planning a trip to the region.
    Blockhead is right on the money with his post regarding Methaqualone. It is a "problem" drug in South Africa and is most commonly supplied by clandestine, illegal labs.

My understanding is that it is not even manufactured anymore, apart from in a clandestine manner. It was made a schedule 1 drug in the U.S in the early 80's, and similarly in the U.K, it was deemed as a medication with no therapeutic benefits - and therefore withdrawn.

Although it has a reputation of possessing some pretty wacky side-effects, I've always been slightly puzzled as to why this drug was singled out over barbiturates and other similar drugs. Having never taken it myself, there must be clear and legitimate reasons why it has been withdrawn.
    Helpful Blockhead Rated helpful
    Like Troubadour liked this post
    .....The most magical, Saggy old cloth cat in the whole wide world.

Withdrawn because it was so damn good. Back in 8th grade in 1980, I took half of a real one. Kind of like real X, pharmaceutical grade 714s were the best thing I ever took. The rush so awesome that you could run your fingers through your head and it felt like your hair was standing on ends. I often wondered why labs make other stuff, but not this. It must be an incredibly hard substance to get correct.
    Like Blockhead liked this post

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by miffytherabbit View Post
    Blockhead is right on the money with his post regarding Methaqualone. It is a "problem" drug in South Africa and is most commonly supplied by clandestine, illegal labs.

My understanding is that it is not even manufactured anymore, apart from in a clandestine manner. It was made a schedule 1 drug in the U.S in the early 80's, and similarly in the U.K, it was deemed as a medication with no therapeutic benefits - and therefore withdrawn.

Although it has a reputation of possessing some pretty wacky side-effects, I've always been slightly puzzled as to why this drug was singled out over barbiturates and other similar drugs. Having never taken it myself, there must be clear and legitimate reasons why it has been withdrawn.
    It is because it gives you a Fantastic Buzz!!! Within 5 minutes of swallowing the pill your fingertips start to tingle! I always wondered what Medical use it could have? Maybe as a Muscle Relaxant or a Sedative? The Pharmaceutical company Rorer was into Marketing it Big Time!! You could get T shirts, Coffee Mugs and a Host of other products with 714 or Rorer or Quaaludes on them. It was a big hit back in the 70's
    Helpful teresita Rated helpful
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

Having had some rather pure methaqualone synthed for me by a friend a while back, I must admit I also wonder how they actually sold it legitimately. I suppose if you did sleep when it kicked in, one would have the most amazing and restful sleep - better than any benzo or Z-drug - but if you did stay awake it was simply amazing. I still cannot quite describe the feeling.

I'm guessing it's probably quite hard to synth though, as I'd imagine it'd take over from many other party drugs if reintroduced clandestinely.
    Helpful D0chunt Rated helpful

@Steve1 I remember qualudes of the 70s, I couldnt remember Rorer but that is right then Lemmon or Lennon Qualudes came out and they were not as good, I think they came out of Canada. Then the Karen Quinlan accident happened and the Quinlan family were activists in allowing the family to decide to "pull the plug" Karen stayed on life support for years before the Supreme Court allowed the family to have her taken off life support and much to everyones surprise, she lived and breathed on her own for many months beyond that while still showing no brain activity.

To those of you who dont know about Karen Quinlan, she was at a party and took a couple of ludes and drank alcohol and fell into a coma and stayed that way for years being tube fed and on a ventillator.
    Like Troubadour liked this post
    Be kind, everyone is fighting their own battles

Yes I was around 18yrs old in 1970 and had encountered placydl? sp.
    Seconal Tuinal Yellow jackets(Nembutal) but wasn't till 1976 I had 1/2 a Rorer 714.
    Yikes! Like a super Halcion. Later they were made in Mexico but not as strong.
    Those were the days..I'm lucky to be alive.
    Last edited by Roz; 07-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Like teresita, Blockhead liked this post

These were called Sopors as well. They were prescribed as a sleeping pill. I remember them quite well and as someone else said the effects are hard to describe-they were in a class by themselves. I totaled a car on them- why the hell was I that stupid to drive?
    They arn't made anymore.
    Like teresita, Blockhead liked this post

GoldenEagle will become famous soon enoughGoldenEagle will become famous soon enough

Ah, this thread is making me drool LOL
    I've never had any ludes or placidyl, it was before my time, but I just dream of "finding" some. And anything sounding or spelled like "quaalude" must be "fun", I mean come on, that sounds recreational as hell. Placidyl was discontinued back in 1999 but is still a C4 substance.

Does anyone remember "geromino"?
    Where you mix a seconal with alcohol? Its so good with flavored rum - but hey, that's just me.
    Always be GOLDEN!

613 is offline Banned Reason: Constantly breaking forum rules, keeps posting the same thread after being deleted several times
    613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light613 is a glorious beacon of light

Mexican pharmacies were making pseudo lemmon 714s in the 90s, but they were just high (50-75mgs) doses of diazepam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast