Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: etizolam legal in US?

1. Default etizolam legal in US?

If I ordered this could I get into trouble? I heard it is similar to xanax. I've also heard that it might be an analogue of benzos which could make it illegal. I've got bad anxiety and my doc keeps giving me SSRIs. I'd appreciate any comments from people that have used this drug or can give a straight answer on the legality. I think it is also called etilaam in some countries. This seems too good to be true that there is a benzo that is perfectly legal. I've already heard about and i'm considering phenazipam but I would have to buy a milligram scale and try to measure out a very small dose. They say a dose of phenazipam is about the size of a grain of salt and it's quite easy to take to much and black out for like a week. Scary. Anyhow thanks for any advice.
    Like Blockhead liked this post

2. yeah i don't know anything about etizolam but i have a mg scale and i still won't mess around with phenazepam even though my friend has it always shits dangerous in the fact that you can black out for a day or two without even trying.

3. @thunderwasp There is a thread here and maybe they should be merged:

http://www.pharmacyreviewer.com/foru...-etizolam.html

Anyhow, etizolam is not regulated or approved by the FDA. Etilaam is simply a brand name.
    Last edited by SageVisitor; 09-03-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Helpful Blockhead, Kancho Rated helpful

4. I feel it is a legal 'grey' area, and creates too much mumbo jumbo for me to get in the books and research it. US Customs is already sending seized packs for meds back to the sender no matter the med.

Obviously, the ones that come from these pharmacies are meant for human consumption. Most research chemical companies will put "Not for human consumption" on their chems. Although, I doubt it would be bulletproof in court it is obvious.

You are probably breaking quite a few laws that aren't really enforced though. You are making orders that are signed off by gov. agencies.

act0004 will become famous soon enoughact0004 will become famous soon enoughact0004 will become famous soon enough

I had the same problem with you with the SSRI after SSRI after SSRI thing with my last pdoc. Eventually I got Remeron (an atypical antidepressant) that helps with my sleep and doesn't give me side effects, but still did nothing for my anxiety/panic.

Aside from ordering benzos online, you honestly might want to ride the antidepressant/BuSpar train out, find another doctor, or both. I found a new doctor after no antidepressants worked for my anxiety/panic who prescribed BuSpar for a month, which also did nothing but give me "brain zaps" probably from all the unnecessary serotonin flowing trough my CNS...

Anyway, the next month I received a prescription for Klonopin (generic name Clonazepam) in 1mg pills to be taken up to 2-3 times a day. I've found that if you really need benzos for your condition(s), you'll eventually get them. All of my anxiety problems (generalized and social anxiety) have been eliminated thanks to the Klonopin.

Some doctors are just so anti-benzo because of the addiction/tolerance/abuse potential issue that they don't even prescribe them at all. Ironically, my previous doctor lost his job due to frequent patient complaints that he wasn't helping their conditions :P

You can always choose the online route, but having a legitimate prescription is always safer legally and medically, and you get the benefit of doctor follow-ups. It all depends on the doctor and if you've gone through every other possibility in the book in my experience; it was worth it in the end though and I now live a happy, panic-attack free life with no more severe anxiety. And it feels great knowing that I don't have to rely on IOPs or other potentially sketchy sources to get the medications I need.

Just a penny for everyone's thoughts. Good luck with your battle against anxiety...trust me, I know it's rough.
    Helpful Alternate, Gadget Rated helpful

6. i have heard its more euphoric than xanax...but very few pharmacies stock it..

If I ordered this could I get into trouble? I heard it is similar to xanax. I've also heard that it might be an analogue of benzos which could make it illegal. I've got bad anxiety and my doc keeps giving me SSRIs. I'd appreciate any comments from people that have used this drug or can give a straight answer on the legality. I think it is also called etilaam in some countries. This seems too good to be true that there is a benzo that is perfectly legal. I've already heard about and i'm considering phenazipam but I would have to buy a milligram scale and try to measure out a very small dose. They say a dose of phenazipam is about the size of a grain of salt and it's quite easy to take to much and black out for like a week. Scary. Anyhow thanks for any advice\

fuego will become famous soon enoughfuego will become famous soon enoughfuego will become famous soon enoughfuego will become famous soon enough

I do not know if etizolam is restricted in the USA but would be wary of it falling foul of your analogue laws. Some people achieve euphoria from it and others do not- the first handful of times I tried it I noticed a very positive mood swing and pleasant bodily sensations but this did not happen every time even on higher doses. A friend of mine who has been scripted temazepam and diazepam for occasional use for 10+ years does not get any effect beyond dampening of emotions from etizolam.

I cannot compare it to Xanax as I have never taken Xanax but I rank it as slightly superior to diazepam- it is a good sedative and powerful anxiolytic, the half-life is not crippling and it's easy to obtain in the UK due to its legality. Etilaam is one of the available brands of Indian Etizolam, the brand I get and am satisfied with.

Please be extremely wary of phenazepam, by which I really mean do not purchase or take it. There are too many cases of people buying a bag of the powder and 'coming to' sometimes weeks later with property, relationships, careers and self-esteem in pieces. Trying to take therapeutic doses is an accident waiting to happen, trying to take recreational doses of it is an accident in progress. I hope that I do not come across as pushy or rude but I cannot stress how much I feel that phenazepam is a drug with potential to cause unimaginable harm to a person's life.
    Helpful waterlogged Rated helpful
    Like ohanes liked this post

8. i tried etizola by Mcleods pharma...just one pill put me into confusion mode...with thought process slowing down...i did not find it anjoyable..but it maybe substandard manufacturer

miffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant futuremiffytherabbit has a brilliant future

According to the formal listings for Scheduled drugs in the U.S, Etizolam is a Schedule IV drug, putting into the same bracket as most of the other benzodiazepines. This is reflected in the U.K where it is a Class C drug (if possesed without a valid prescription). Again, most benzodiazepines are Class C, apart from Temazepam (which is Class B). I guess this is another reason why Temazepam tends to be priced much more highly than other benzodiazepines. For some reason, it has a high recreational value. (sorry went slightly off-topic there)

TTFN Peeps

^_^
    .....The most magical, Saggy old cloth cat in the whole wide world.

10. Quote Originally Posted by miffytherabbit View Post
    According to the formal listings for Scheduled drugs in the U.S, Etizolam is a Schedule IV drug,
    You have mixed up two drugs which are similar. What you state is true only for Estazolam (ProSom, Domnamid, Eurodin, Nuctalon). This is a Sched II drug.

Etizolam, according to my research, remains unscheduled and unapproved in the USA. LE might be able to make an benzo analog case but that is not a sure thing by any means.
    Last edited by SageVisitor; 09-06-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful

11. Default sched's

@SageVisitor , analog laws are only applicable to schedule I & II compounds so I believe this means etizolam will be legal until they specifically schedule it.
    Last edited by Tomatillo; 09-17-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Helpful Blockhead, SageVisitor Rated helpful

Trampy will become famous soon enoughTrampy will become famous soon enoughTrampy will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I do not know if etizolam is restricted in the USA but would be wary of it falling foul of your analogue laws. .
    With eitizolam being similar to drugs in C-IV, not C-I or C-II, the The Analogue Drug Act of 1986 would not apply.

"Analogue drugs" are defined as 1) chemically similar, 2) having similar effects, OR 3) being marketed as having similar effects to 1) and 2).

Congress used ambiguous grammar in the law which never made any sense, but the bottom line is that the U.S. federal Analogue Drug Act cannot be used to "schedule" something similar to a C-III or a C-IV.
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful

larsson will become famous soon enoughlarsson will become famous soon enough

I wish people would stop mentioning this. This is why they get banned because of people talking too much alerting too many people.
    Please stop mentioning this

Wish some Mod would delete threads about it

It is not scheduled and not approved for usage in the U.S. what this means is that if customs opens your package it will be seized and you'll get a seizure letter with one of those stupid FDA warning letters too.
    No Gods or Kings, only man.

So.... where can I buy some ?

I'll tell you where you won't get any is on a PHARMACY reviewer.

Look it up on google then let the matter drop
    Last edited by larsson; 09-24-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatillo View Post
    @SageVisitor , analog laws are only applicable to schedule I & II compounds so I believe this means etizolam will be legal until they specifically schedule it.
    As noted, this prescription drug is not currently affected by the analogue restrictions.
    However, that does not necessarlly mean that it is "legal" in the US.
    It is not scheduled by the DEA because it is not approved by the FDA for medical use in this country, similar to phenazepam. As a result, purchase, importation and possession would be against federal law.
    In practical terms, anyone possessing it would find it very problematic to explain to American law enforcement if that occasion should ever arise.
    Helpful cajunbulldog, SageVisitor Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    As noted, this prescription drug is not currently affected by the analogue restrictions.
    It is not scheduled by the DEA because it is not approved by the FDA for medical use in this country, similar to phenazepam. As a result, purchase, importation and possession would be against federal law.
    In practical terms, anyone possessing it would find it very problematic to explain to American law enforcement if that occasion should ever arise.

Which is why we should stop giving it publicity before they clamp down

19. @larsson : Have you not realized NO one is paying any mind to you. If fact, your repetitive warning statements probably make more people want to try find out additional information and subsequently try it.

Guess what most discussions are about on drug boards? You got it; drugs.
    Last edited by SageVisitor; 09-25-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Helpful Trampy Rated helpful
    Like cajunbulldog, Kancho liked this post

Trampy will become famous soon enoughTrampy will become famous soon enoughTrampy will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    First of all, the DEA is not limited in their scheduling authority by anything that FDA does, or doesn't do. Period. It also goes the other way. The two agencies need to respect each other's authorities. They are both "at the same level" and any disputes would have to be resolved by the White House.

However. In the case of approved drugs or proposed drugs for FDA approval, the two agencies are supposed to consult with each other to avoid conflicts, with FDA having primacy there because part of the drug approval process (and post-market surveillance) is the applicant's (and FDA's) evaluation of the new drug's abuse potential, which is integral part of the clinical trial process. As part of clinical trials, new drugs with abuse potential due to their nature or class are administered under controlled double-blind conditions to "experienced drug abusers" which FDA pays to "evaluate the buzz." (I'll bet many here would like to be paid to test new drugs like that.) As part of the NDA process, the applicant specifies what schedule, if any, they are proposing and the FDA can either accept their proposal or override their requested classification. In a borderline situation, like with the Shire Adderral replacement, Vyvanse with lysine bond, where Shire was hoping for C-III, the FDA is supposed to confer with DEA and reach consensus.

If the FDA has a New Drug Approval (NDA) application that they have accepted, the DEA definitely needs to talk to them if they want to put that NDA drug into C-I because then DEA would be directly interfering with FDA's authority to define legitimate medical use. For new drugs, FDA calls the shots one scheduling.

Back to the original question ... Sure, if a person is importing commercial quantities of an unapproved drug, the FDA could charge them with interstate transport of an unapproved drug which is how they prosecuted GHB sellers before it was scheduled. But the FDA is only interested in commercial quantities, not personal use of an unaproved drug. Since it's unscheduled, DEA has no jurisdiction and it's very unlikely that a state has scheduled it.

And, as always ... U.S. Customs has the absolute discretion to seize any drug import whatsoever but that just means it gets destroyed.

FDA Special Agents are the only U.S. LEOs who would have any jurisdiction and they have better things to do with their time than go after someone who may or may not have actually purchased a small amount of an unapproved drug. Just because a package has your name and address on it doesn't mean you had anything to do with it. Thass why they have to do a controlled delivery to prosecute anything. Yes, FDA Agents carry guns and badges and they can and do make arrests directly without any help from other agencies.
    Last edited by Trampy; 09-25-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: FDA Special Agents are LEOs, not FDA Inspectors
    Helpful SageVisitor Rated helpful

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast