NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 917 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benzos and drug tests

1. Do all Benzos come up on drug tests? also, do muscle relaxers such as somas show up? Also, how long would a benzo/soma have to be in your system for it to show up in the drug test?

aussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the roughaussieandy is a jewel in the rough

No, not all benzo's show up on an initial blanket type test. As in piss in the cup/dip stick test. They are callibrated to pick up on certain benzo and benzo metabolites. Your most common benzo's will show up usually, diaz, temaz, xanax, oxazepam, ive heard mixed reports on ativan and clonazepam, depending on the test used. Then confirmatory lab testing will narrow it down to what drug or metabolite has shown in your system. Soma will not show unless they are specifically testing for it. That's how it is where i come from anyway. And to answer your question i imagine most benzo's would show within hours of ingesting them, as soon as your body starts to metabolize them and break them down there would be traces in your urine. The detection time after that varies immensly. Depening on half life of the drug. Look up any benzo equivillency chart and it will usually give half lives.
    Last edited by aussieandy; 02-12-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: missing info

UPdate: Passed the test- dosed tues and wed, xanny and clonaz, clonaz only on wed. Tested tues. passed. Ive also been reading upon lorazepam's short half-life and it supposedly is a good one (like clonaz) for beating tests as well since it doesn't have your typical metabolites. You still need at the very least 3 days- shit 5-6 days is pushing it.
    Helpful Pistolpacknmama Rated helpful

Temazepam, (Restoril) has a terminal half life ranging from 3.5-18.4 hours (mean 8.8 hours). Temazepam should be undetectable after a maximum of 5 times the half life of the longest lived metabolite. The drug is active as ingested, and is excreted in the urine mostly (80% - 90%). The major metabolite (the O-conjugate) has a normal half life of only 10 hours. The theoretical limit for detection in urine should therefore be between 17.5 hours and 92 hours, with an average time to full elimination of 44 hours. This is assuming that the detection test is HIGHLY responsive, and most of them are not.

Lorazepam (Ativan) has a serum half life of about 12 to 15 hours, and the main conjugate has a half-life of about 18 to 20 hours (lorazepam glucuronide). Figure 90 hours for elimination in most cases. Literature states that "95% of lorazepam is excreted in within 120 hours, 88% in the urine and 6.6% in the stools.

Alprazolam (Xanax) has a slightly more complex metabolic path, and the half-life of the drug can vary widely from patient to patient.
    Helpful davidcr, TheMoon, aussieandy Rated helpful

UPDATE: As far as clonazepam is concerned, most tests have a cut off of either 300ng/ml or 200 ng/ml. The only way for clonazepam to show up is if you take a whole lot the day or three before or let it build up in your system and are out of shape. It also helps clonazepam metabolites aren't even tested for with the standard benzo test. i have taken 4mg two days prior and passed. Also .5 - 1mg a day before and passed. Just remeber a single dose of clonazepam is only 14 ng/ml- so you really have nothing to worry about unless they do a very specific test. My accounts go for both lab and dipstick tests. Just drink a lot of water, take vitamins, and maybe a little creatine if your so inclined, and you will be fine

All depends on the levels tested for in the GC/MS lab analysis but, you're right, 14 ng/ml is well below any positive level I've seen.
    Also depends on which 5 panel "dip" urine tox screen is being used. Some do actually test for benzos such as Klonopin.
    The time period after which benzodazepine metabolites can be detected in urine is dependent on many variables and it is very difficult to make assumptions for others based on your personal experience.
    Bear in mind that diluting your urine by using copius amounts of water can flag your test as "inconclusive" and require a re-test. Also, I haven't witnessed whether someone is out-of-shape or not affecting a test outcome one way or another.
    Maybe but I've never seen it.

Aussie,

You said you are worried about passing a drug test for a job, but you also said it was prescribed by your doctor? Would you get in trouble for taking something, even if it was prescibed by your doctor?

8. Yeah, no sweat. I speak from experience... I would have to take a lab urine test i think it was a 7 or 12, panel. But either way its out of your system in 3 days flat. I would always give myself a full 3 days and on the morning of the 4th day clean as a whistle.

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

My doc does urine tox screens that are sent off to the lab (they seal them immediately when you come out of the bathroom). It always shows my klonopin, along with my lyrica, promethazine and my narcotics. It's funny because whoever sends off my urine keeps forgetting to put down that I'm scripted the klonopin so every test say "patient tested posted for benzo (klonopin). Patient is taking a substance not prescribed by physician and should be discharged." Ok, first time I saw that I thought "whoever tested my urine has too much time on their hands. They are telling my doctor how to handle me and my tox screen? Really? I laugh now, but the first time I saw it I freaked out. He leaves my folder in the room and if I just had a tox screen the month before it's on top so I read it while I'm waiting on him. I told him what it said and he laughed and said Don't worry but I kept thinking what the DEA would say if they saw that. Anyway, it's a running joke with us now.

Shiny things distracting me again. *sigh* Yeah, my klonopin always shows up but they test specifically for it and ALL benzos, along with all narcotics and the medicines that I'm scripted to make sure I'm taking my lyrica and promethazine too.

10. ouch that sucks

i swear by Herbal Clean Q Tabs! never done me wrong, Just follow the dirrections and drink lots and lots of water. you can get them online for $10. I ordered four of them last night for myself (legal issues)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2