NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 944 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Filling xanax script ten days early?? Somebody please help me

@Mickle1 You're welcome. This is what we're all here for. Let us know what is going on ok? When I say that we care; we really do!
    Promise??!!
    Like SpaceMatters liked this post

Mickle1 will become famous soon enough

@Piper yeah man. I'll be sure to keep you informed. It's wierd I use to think xanax was just a psychological addiction, cause I could quit for a few days (I woulld be drinking ) and I would get no withdrawals what so ever. But after running out last time and drinking.. the shaking was totally uncontrollable and I would freak out becuase I would feel like I hadn't breathed in a while, so I would take a real short, but very sharp breathe in. It sucks

Refills are not permitted for Xanax in New York State.
    Helpful riverstyx, SpaceMatters Rated helpful

@billyboy1965 Its a good thing I don't live in New York meeyow...

Rockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enough

Yes it has happened to me and I tell them which is the truth for me that I have been having trouble sleeping at night due to a personal issue and ended up taking one at night so that leeft me short. Ask if you can pay out of pocket instead of running through the insurance. This same thing happened to me after the holidays and I must have gotten a new pharmacy clerk as she gave it to me earlier. Speak with the Pharmacist himself in private and tell him of your issue. Maybe he can help you out. I use to work for one many years ago and this pharmacist was a great man, he would give them a few and just deduct it off their new script when he had to fill it. That pharmacist had a big heart but today is a different world and a much tighter control over certain meds. Have you tried a time release anxiety medication? It may work better for you. Keep us posted, good luck.

@Rockieroads I think that I will talk to my pharmacist tommorow. He is a good man who last time wanted to know why I was getting the prescription early and told me to stop going to different docs because I could get flagged as a doctor shopper. He gave me the heads up so I have to give him props on that.

itsmysecret will become famous soon enoughitsmysecret will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Mickle1 View Post
    So i am prescribed xanax for anxiety, and I have run out. i have one repeat left. me thinks I'm ****ed. Should I call my pharmacy and confess to them that I have ran out? Please help if you have been in a similar situation.

thanks
    It has been my experience that the pharmacy will not fill ten days early. The earliest they can fill is three days prior to it running out. I believe this is due to it being a schedule two drug.
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions

@itsmysecret its actually a sched 4 drug. I've had times where they would release it up to five days early from the last few years. Maybe they have tightened things up, but who knows.
    Helpful itsmysecret Rated helpful

itsmysecret will become famous soon enoughitsmysecret will become famous soon enough

@itsmysecret its actually a sched 4 drug. I've had times where they would release it up to five days early from the last few years. Maybe they have tightened things up, but who knows.
    thanx for the correction. You are absolutely correct, it is a schedule four. That's what I get for not proofing my post before submitting it.
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions

10. I pay cash and can get them on the 25th day, I've cut myself short many times thank god for friends with the same script but one time I told the pharmacist I was leaving on a trip for two weeks and can i get my last refill filled.. Shouldn't be a problem.. I was just on the phone with cvs about there shitty mylan brand and ordered whatever brand I wanted, was gonna get the name brand but they are 180 for 30 and greenstone the generic manuf. For pfizer are 15 bux so I chose the greesntones since they are the exact same except for the markings

DeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura aboutDeadheadRN has a spectacular aura about

ya it sucks piper. i've been on xanax for about eight years now. Hmmm I'm wondering what I should tell the pharmacy. Should I tell them that I have ran out or... is that a no no. Also my doctor is on vacation right now which only adds fuel to the fire.
    Do not, under any circumstances tell the pharmacy you ran out. By doing that, you're telling them that you are not taking the med as prescribed, and they will likely inform your physician. Unfortunately, you're not going to get a script for a controlled substance filled 10 days early. No pharmacist is going to fill it. You can refill a script for a controlled substance up to 5 days early, but no sooner. I know that waiting 5 days to refill sucks, but there's no way around it. What I would do is call when it's 5 days before the script is due to be filled and say that you are going out of town and need to fill the script early because you will run out before you get home. Your doc being on vacation really has no bearing on the situation, because even if he says it's ok to fill the script early, if it's more than 5 days before the script is due, most pharmacies will still refuse to fill. Don't forget that the pharmacists has his own license to protect.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but that's the way it is. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmysecret View Post
    It has been my experience that the pharmacy will not fill ten days early. The earliest they can fill is three days prior to it running out. I believe this is due to it being a schedule two drug.
    The law in New York is 5 days. I'm not sure about other states, but I think they're all pretty similar.
    I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~ Jerry garcia

He is a good man who last time wanted to know why I was getting the prescription early and told me to stop going to different docs because I could get flagged as a doctor shopper. He gave me the heads up so I have to give him props on that.
    So are you getting the same script from more than one doctor?
    That's a whole different slant on your problems.
    Like UGAgal liked this post

@alumni , No I was getting lorazepam just to help me with sleep from a different doc. Different medication just same class.

@Mickel1 Among the pharmacists I've worked with, filling Ativan from one doctor and Xanax from another simultaneously could easily be flagged as doctor shopping.
    Just like getting a prescription filled for Norco from one and Percocet from another during the same period of time.
    Different medications, same "class."
    Do both of your doctors know what the other is currently prescribing and agree with this combination of drug treatment?
    If not, I believe you are skating on thin ice.
    Last edited by alumni; 03-12-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Rockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enough

Good, I am glad to hear it. Some pharmacists are really nice guys and yet I have had an a bad experience with one. This one jerk called my doctor (who knew I was on anxiety meds) and told him not to prescribe vicodin because of the combo. This was at the time a high profile celeb died. He also did it to my mom and said she is confused and she counts her meds and puts them in special days of the week holders. I wrote him a nasty letter and you are not being concerned for me, but just trying to get on the doctor's good side. I asked this pharmacist if you went out to dinner and saw a customer of your pharmacy having a beer, would you call his doctor if he was taking heart medicine? I was so annoyed. But I wish you luck and tell him about sleep because when I lay in bed, I sometimes think about all the days problems and such and I get anxious and ended up taking an extra pill so I can calm down and get a better rest or sleep. Keep me or us posted. I wish you well.

hello everyone a little update from my original post... I am exxperincing little to no withdrawal effects from taking the does of 4mg twice a day. I guess I am lucky. I would have already talked to my pharmacist but I recieved a note in the mail saying that my letter is ready to get picked up tommorow. I Hope everything goes well.
    Like UGAgal, robcos, calamityjane, riverstyx liked this post

17. @Mickle1 : Just saw your post and read thru this thread, and although it seems there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents anyway.

I had an experience years ago with benzo withdrawal--I was on Klonopin and taking 8-10mg per day (way above my prescribed dose of 1mg, 3x/day), and my boyfriend at the time found out how much I was taking and was PISSED...he threatened to break up with me if I didn't flush all my pills down the toilet. So, stupidly, I flushed ALL of them. About 36 hours later, I was in such discomfort I felt like I was going insane, so I had my mom take me to the ER. I explained the situation (though I think I left out the part about taking 2-3x my daily dose...I merely said my BF didn't agree with my taking the drug at all), and due to the potentially dangerous consequences of benzo withdrawal, and the fact that my vitals made it obvious that something was up and I wasn't just trying to get pills, they had me stabilized quickly with a couple small doses of Lorazepam. Then they called my doctor to get the prescription refilled.

I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone go to the ER unless they have to because it's so expensive, but as long as you have a valid complaint (meaning, you're not just seeking pills and you are legitimately prescribed the med and they can verify it, either thru a chat with your doc or a prescription bottle), I'm pretty sure they wouldn't turn you away due to the dangers of benzo withdrawal...they don't want a lawsuit!

As I understand it, at least in my state, controlled meds must be 80% gone before the pharmacy can/will refill it. There are always things you can say, like they were stolen, lost, or your dog ate them (God forbid!), but I'm sure in most instances they'd need an authorization from your doctor. If the doc is out of town, in my experience he/she usually has someone on call (like a colleague) to handle their patients' emergencies, like prescription refills. Also, I'm not sure that any other pharmacists do this (or if it is even legal), but the pharmacy I go to sees me so often, and I've been a customer there for so long, that they know me and my whole family by name. The head pharmacist there has spotted me a 2-3 day supply on a handful of occasions--one time I had my purse stolen, and another time I lost my paper script, and both times I was given a couple Suboxone (a schedule III I believe) to get me by until I could get another script from my doctor. So personal relationships/building rapport with your pharmacist and/or doc can go a long way when you're in a bind.

I hope you figured out your situation--you said you weren't yet feeling awful, which is LUCKY, and I hope all goes well!
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful
    Like Mickle1 liked this post

@imnotcrazy thanks for your post. Thank god I live in canada where if I had to go to the ER it would have cost me nothing. I would have went if my circumstances became more dire. Thank the almighty heavens that i didn't go to the pharmacist first, cause my first package I've ever gotten arrived very discreetly today.

Yes I could have been in some serious doodoo if I had went to my pharmacist but if I was really hurting I would of had too. Anyways thank the almighty stars my package came through when it did.

Ciao, roberto

royce is offline Banned Reason: Caused lots of problems on the board and impossible to understand half the time
    royce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura about

I had pleasantly strange experience withmy usually aggrevating chain pharmacy that I recently stopped doing business with. I get a 3-month supply of a CIII pain patch and was going to run out when I was away for three weeks. I asked them to give me one patch, and gave them the new prescription when they told me I was early. I explained I was going to be away for the next 3-4 weeks and would run out. I was told they could do a vacation over-ride and fill the prescription. NEVER expected them to offer because I used to work for them, and when I was there, the computer would not do that, period. Even though it was illegal, we generally did not let regular customers go without, but it's a tough call. Can't hurt to try, but you probably should not tell them if you took too much by accident and ran out. I got lucky last July.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 9 minutes after the last post:*

The parent company of Greenstone was Upjohn. They were even manufactured in the same plant as recently as five years ago. I used to get them by prescription. MD used to suggest what pharmacy to go to get a good brand such as this or Watson.
    Last edited by royce; 03-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Helpful Alternate Rated helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast