Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about Etizolam?

randomname1 is offline Banned Reason: Breaking forum rules, being disruptive and consecutively writing sarcastic and offensive posts
    randomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura about

Default What do you guys think about Etizolam?

I've got 300 Etizolam tablets in blister packs and am not sure what to do with them. From what I've been reading it is still unclassified so perhaps it's good to have around for a drug test if you like benzos.

Will Etizolam cause you to fail a drug screen for benzos?

On Wikipedia it says that 1mg of Etizolam is comparable to 10 mg of Valium. How in the hell is that possible considering Etizolam has a six hour half life and Valium is one of the longest lasting benzos?

What the hell is ESTAZOLAM? I think these are separate things that people reference as the one being scheduled.

Is Etizolam still unscheduled? Wikipedia still says it's not.
    Helpful ganjabear Rated helpful

Perromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to all

Definitely so. As I wrote on an other post I just can't grasp why it is unsceduled there.
    It's a mainstream medium strength hypnotic benzo, been on the market in most EU for years.

Perromaldido
    Helpful slick76, minaret Rated helpful
    Like randomname1, t c liked this post
    ''since nothing put us together nothing will tear us apart ''

randomname1 is offline Banned Reason: Breaking forum rules, being disruptive and consecutively writing sarcastic and offensive posts
    randomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura about

I don't understand why it would be unclassified like phenazepam. I'd sell them but I'm not sure if they have a street value considering nobody knows what the hell it is. Technically it isn't a benzo since it has a benzene ring or something.
    Last edited by randomname1; 05-19-2012 at 02:02 PM.

ClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura about

I really like etizolam and am actually a bit gutted that my usual source has stopped selling it and I don't know where else to find it. I can't speak to why it's unscheduled, aside from it being a benzo analog, not an actual benzo.

As for equivalency, it's always a slight mismatch - comparing alprazolam and valium dosages presents the same problem. Having taken both, I'd say 1mg etizolam to 10mg valium is about right, depending on the individual of course. I've seen it as 1-2mg on some charts.

It's a nice drug, feels similar to benzos generally; I'd say it feels a bit more like flunitrazepam than diazepam, but I don't have vast experience. I am actually pretty envious of you and wish I could take them off your hands.
    Like t c liked this post

ver44sace is offline Banned Reason: repeatedly posting offensive remarks despite infractions earned.
    ver44sace will become famous soon enoughver44sace will become famous soon enoughver44sace will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by the chodesman View Post
    I've got 300 Etizolam tablets in blister packs and am not sure what to do with them. From what I've been reading it is still unclassified so perhaps it's good to have around for a drug test if you like benzos.

On Wikipedia it says that 1mg of Etizolam is comparable to 10 mg of Valium. How in the hell is that possible considering Etizolam has a six hour half life and Valium is one of the longest lasting benzos?

What the hell is ESTAZOLAM? I think these are separate things that people reference as the one being scheduled.

Is Etizolam still unscheduled? Wikipedia still says it's not.
    umm where did you get those bro?.....I'll take em off your hands LOLP

bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by the chodesman View Post
    I just wanted to chime in with a quick comment in regards to the question about etizolam and drug testing. I am drug-tested, on a weekly basis, by urinalysis, and have found that etizolam HAS NOT shown up on my drug screens. One week in particular, I was using etizolam rather heavily, and still tested negative for benzodiazepines.

It has to do with the type of test you are being given; I have heard many reports of individuals testing positive for benzodiazepines following etizolam consumption, as well as reports of individuals testing negative. The tests that I am given are of the more inexpensive variety (dipstick-style, EMIT variety tests), and while these tests ARE extremely sensitive, they seem only to test for one particular benzodiazepine metabolite.

The benzodiazepine metabolite most commonly tested for is oxazepam, which is created as a by-product of the metabolism of many different commonly used benzodiazepines (diazepam, for example, metabolizes in part into oxazepam). As far as I know, however, etizolam does not metabolize into oxazepam to any substantial degree (I could be wrong, tho').

More advanced drug tests could definitely cause a positive result for benzodiazepines. I'm fortunate that the drug-tests I take only seem to test for oxazepam, and therefore even my prescribed clonazepam often does not show up as a positive on my tests.

So, while it is possible that you may be able to get away with using etizolam before a drug test and have a negative result, the risk of testing positive for benzodiazepines is still there when etizolam is the substance being used.

My experiences with urine drug-screening may be different from yours, so while etizolam does not cause me to test positive, it certainly may cause you to test positive. Individual metabolism might also play a role, but I would venture to say that the most critical factor in play here is the type of drug-test being administered.

Worst case scenario, if you were to test positive, you could request a re-test by a laboratory and that would show that the substance you consumed is not controlled (this is, if they are even able to detect etizolam -- it may simply come back as an "unknown substance"). Depending on your situation, this might just get you off the hook.

In my case, as an MMT patient, taking a benzodiazepine, regardless of whether it is illegal or not, would not be a good thing, unless you have a prescription for said benzo; and since etizolam is not approved for use in North America, having a legitimate prescription for etizolam would be impossible.

Hope this helped. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
    Helpful minaret, randomname1, t c Rated helpful
    My statements are to be considered opinions only. I am not a medical professional.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaraBell View Post
    I really like etizolam and am actually a bit gutted that my usual source has stopped selling it and I don't know where else to find it. I can't speak to why it's unscheduled, aside from it being a benzo analog, not an actual benzo.
    Without getting into the specific pharmacological chemistry, be aware that etizolam has been classified medically as a "short-medium action benzodiazepine" drug in those countries where it is marketed and prescribed as a hypnotic/anxiety medication. Although it is an analog, it still is a full agonist at benzodiazepine receptors and abrupt discontinuation may cause the same range of potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms as other benzos.
    It is not a scheduled substance in the US by the DEA simply because it has never received approval from the FDA to be legally marketed and prescribed here. The fact that it is an analog has nothing to do with it being unscheduled. There are all kinds of drug analogs on the DEA schedules.
    I have no idea how its metabolites would actually show up in a UA tox screen but given the similarities with other benzos, I guess it could depending on the number of screens used in the test, the levels tested for and any follow-up assays involved.
    Helpful t c, sinister Rated helpful

I'd love to discuss where I got the Etizolam but that would be against the forum policy I believe. I have the Etizolam with about the same amount of Ativan and Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, etc. I kinda have a problem with hoarding. My idea was if I came up positive for benzos I could blame it on Etizolam since I've also been experimenting with Kava and valerian and it was the next logical step in legal anxiety relief. My pdoc told me she won't write me a prescription for benzodiazepines and gave me a vague recommendation to take to a primary care doctor so I think she'd let it slide with the Etilaam tablets I have. I mean I told her I smoke reefers and all. Who knows?
    Last edited by randomname1; 05-19-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Helpful ganjabear Rated helpful
    Like Sj2011, MellowMind liked this post

9. is it legal to possess etilozam? I know it is unscheduled, and I know that it is not produced in the U.S. I can't seem to find any definitive information on the web as to whether or not I would get in trouble for ordering this... Is a prescription necessary from an online vendor? Can anyone help me resolve these questions?

10. All I know is that I took some today and it is a very nice mellowing bezo type substance.

11. I have been very interested in this medication. I have been struggling with anxiety for years now... but all doc's want to put me on antidepressants which only make me feel more keyed up.. I'm not bipolar... just generally anxious. I am hoping that by locating Etizolam I may be able to find some relief. I just want to be sure not to break any rules if I can help it and I find the DEA Analogue rulings to be too vague for me to get a solid answer with... I am scared to death of ordering and then having the dea show up at my house. I am probably being paranoid.. but after 6 years of trying to work with the system to resolve these issues I feel like I am left with very few options. Any advice, or help finding a legal alternative in or out of a physical Dr.'s office, or assistance in knowing what my next step should be with my GP would be helpful. The medical system has been failing me..I often wonder what I am doing wrong that prevents me from getting the therapy I need to cope.
    Helpful Alternate Rated helpful

hey, yep i find myself in this post, i have anxiety issues too since my childhood i guess. i went to alot of docs and did an outpatient anxiety therapy but i never get i adequate medication for my issue from the docs and in the therapy too.they tried to medicate me with antidepressants too like venlaflaxin and other weird stuff, especially the venlafaxin just makes the anxiety worse than befor in my case.then i tried to medicate my self, alot of experimentation with benzos include etizolam, i ordered it from an RC vendor but the effect wasnt working for me.IMO its good to help you to fall asleep by a higher dosage (2mg+) but the anti anxiety effect didnt work for me.unfortunately it is nearly impossibly to find i doc who medicate you with benzos in a long term in my experience, they are afraid of abuse and addiction, so they give you antideps.Now i medicate myself with the good old diazepam (lowdose,mostly) and it works fine for me for the last 3-4 years.i dont know if you tried it yet but maybe an anti anxiety therapy would work for you? even better than being addicted to an substance with all the negative site like police paranoia or supply issues.hope this helps a little bit.good luck.

Etizolam self-medication really pisses off mental health therapists because they can't legally say a thing about a legaldrug so that's how I got my floor Ambien that I have left that I just took that I found on the floor and then there were muffins. Temazepam too.

audacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really nice

@Avariella There are some vague parts of the analog act, but it is very clear that it only applies to analogs of Schedule I and II substances. All scheduled benzos are Schedule IV Federally, so any analog would not fall under the analog act.

Caveat: Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) is Schedule I in a few states. So nonscheduled benzos and similar molecules would fall under the state analog law in those states only.

There may also be state or local laws regarding imitation controlled substances, and police will likely harrass you about any pill not in a regular pill bottle with a label that is up to standards (blister packs from India, even if unaltered, may not be considered proper packaging under laws of certain states). The charge might not stick in court, but still.
    "Tolerance to the anxiolytic effects (of BZD's) probably does not occur"

Quote Originally Posted by Avariella View Post
    is it legal to possess etilozam? I know it is unscheduled, and I know that it is not produced in the U.S. I can't seem to find any definitive information on the web as to whether or not I would get in trouble for ordering this... Is a prescription necessary from an online vendor? Can anyone help me resolve these questions?
    This drug is not scheduled by the DEA because it has not been approved by the FDA for medical use in the US. But not being scheduled doesn't necessarily make it legal to possess.
    It is a medication manufactured and prescribed in other countries. Customs and Border Protection/FDA restrictions prohibit the importation of foreign prescription drugs without a valid DEA import license.
    Those are the legalities that I have found in researching this question.
    And some legitimate online pharmacies do require a prescription but very likely not the "vendors" you would be buying this stuff from.
    Helpful t c Rated helpful

16. @alumni
    Isn't there a rule stating you cannot import medications that are prescribed in other countries, but are not prescribed in the US?(something along these lines)
    I believe it is the FDA guideline.

Regardless, it will be seized at Customs and if caught on the street, they would take you to jail.
    Like lelenard liked this post

17. Thanks for all the responses guys. I feel a little more informed on this subject. The whole scheduled vs. unscheduled thing was kind of throwing me. I guess I will just keep trying to work with my GP and therapist and hopefully will find a solution that works.
    As a side note.. when i say vendor I just mean an online source, be it a pharmacy, RC company or whatever... still new to all the lingo.. I'm not trying to break any laws, and would prefer to do things the "right" way if I can. I'm just so frustrated with the American medical system and I wasn't sure about the validity and customs laws for these online pharmacies.. I am not opposed to having a prescription, aside from the fact that GP's seldom want to give those out. If I found an online pharm that would enable me to have the necessary prescription, that would be preferable to seeking out a RC company or something more dubious. Mainly I just want to feel better.
    I'll continue going through the forums and see if my questions have been answered elsewhere as well.. perhaps there is an option I have overlooked. Again thanks for all the feedback. You guys/gals are awesome.
    Last edited by Avariella; 09-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Like t c liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post
    @alumni
    Isn't there a rule stating you cannot import medications that are prescribed in other countries, but are not prescribed in the US?(something along these lines)
    I believe it is the FDA guideline.
    Yes, there is specific language about what is required to legally import prescription drugs not approved for use in the US.
    It is quite complicated and involves cooperation with your physician.
    I seriously doubt anyone contributing to this discussion board would want to screw with it.

Etizolam always sounds so enticing. Even more so as more and more Dr.s are refusing tranq. and pushing the a/d.

Until I hear of actual stories where people are stopped by the police and they find out it is just some etizolam and cheerfully wave them on after checking the driver's license and insurance card - then it just seems too good to be true. This stuff is really legal and won't get you in trouble when stopped? I believe there would be some sort of charge.

As someone mentioned you would have to get around the fact it needs to be in a labeled bottle and not carried around loose or in an old advil bottle.

That is a strict law: medication in a prescription or proper bottle. I keep any pill (eg benadryl) in it's container. Also only keep advil in my advil bottle.
    Obviously any prescription in a prescribed bottle.

Also, with safety, isn't it sort of hard to get the right dosage, what about purity - you don't have any history of a Dr's prescribing this and knowing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
    Also, with safety, isn't it sort of hard to get the right dosage, what about purity - you don't have any history of a Dr's prescribing this and knowing about it.
    Can you imagine the conversation in the ER if someone in the US comes in suffering from an accidental overdose of "etizolam"?
    And the doctors rush to their PDR to look it up?
    Like File Error 500, audacity liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast