Thread: Mastercard not accepted at Overseas Pharmacies

1. Default Mastercard not accepted at Overseas Pharmacies

Does anyone here know why overseas pharmacies will not take Mastercard? I just spent 3 hours trying to find one that accepts mastercard and FAILED. There are lots of them that SAY they do but then when you try to put in the account number they won't let you do it! I finally ended up having to pay by e-check! So frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on this??

2. Depends on the site. I Mean easymedscripts.com uses mastercard. meds-xpress.com accepts mastercard. But one thing with this site is that I have to call my bank to let the charge go through because the charge is internationally. euromedsrx.com accepts visa but you have to give out the last 4 digits of your social.. so I use american express and even with that I have to call my bank to let the charge go through as well.

If the places you purchase you products from accepts visa you can always purchase like a prepaid visa card at like walgreens, rite aid, walmart, 7 eleven or stop n shop..

3. Just to clarify ... what I'm really interested in learning is WHY overseas pharmacies will not accept Mastercard? They all took visa and amex but not mastercard ... WHY? Anybody know?

Mastercard have some strong regulations in place, so that any online pharmacy has to register with them so they can be reviewed for compliance, according to this: BRAM Compliance Program Overview*| MasterCard Acquirer Marketing

If you look at the way the process works from the online pharmacy's perspective (How it Works | Start Accepting | MasterCard® for Merchants | MasterCard® Worldwide | MasterCard for Merchants | MasterCard Worldwide) they can sign up to accept Mastercard through any number of 'acquirers' or banks, and probably be accepted initially, but then if they don't register with Mastercard head office for compliance, or Mastercard doesn't like what they're selling or how they're selling it, then they can have their Mastercard processing functions removed. The online pharmacy could in theory then sign up at another bank, and I think some of them do that, but by then they're on MC's radar so they soon get banned again.
    Helpful Skeptical, kmontayne Rated helpful

Thanks for the info on that, I've wondered about that too. I guess Visa really doesn't care what you spend your money on, as long as you're spending it

Well it all depends on how the company got their CC Processor or how honest they are as well. I mean their are some OLP that you order from, that show that you are buying PC Units or other products. But when in reality you are purchasing meds. It is like if they told the banks I need a proccesor for this but don't tell them it is for meds, but in reality only use it for meds. I've encountered this before, and if the product I receive is fake or false I normally contact mastercard or visa directly and explain to them the issue, then the olps credit card processor gets shut down for filing false info hehe

i
    Helpful drboris, Skeptical Rated helpful

7. Good info. Thanks guys. Seems like a poor business strategy on the part of MasterCard though. I am, at this very minute, searching around for a new bank that offers a VISA debit card. Why would they want to deliberately limit the purchasing power of its customers?

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

imho, allowing a credit card to be used for purchasing meds online is poor business practice. If I were Mastercard or VISA, I would not allow the processor which is why I'm sure some list under false pretenses. Customers are charge-back crazy in general and won't hesitate to file a grievance with their bank or do a charge back to their card on something like eyeglasses or DVD's from Amazon. Just imagine how they would be with medication? Especially when there is so much counterfeit or imperfect product? MC and VISA are not really making any money if too much is charged back!! Then they're not limiting purchasing power, they're protecting themselves from collateral damage.
    Helpful drboris Rated helpful
    Like jbgoode liked this post

Magician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of light

drboris's explanation is very interesting. This is a question I've wondered as well.

For those who are seeking a good source that accepts MC, I will note that some overseas pharmacies DO accept mastercard, although many are the same ones that also require a prescription for medicines. Not a problem for me, but maybe for others. Those which I have used and previously reviewed and which are listed here on pharmacyreviewer.com include PlanetDrugsDirect.com--who take both MC and Visa (but not debit cards, nor any other form of payment); DrugWorldCanada.com--who takes both MC and Visa, along with certified checks and money orders; and the outstanding ProgressiveRx.com--who takes just about any form of payment you can imagine, including every major credit card. One company which does not require prescriptions, but does accept MC is Pharm4All.com (and probably generic4all as well, as they're the same company)--though their variety of available drugs is pretty limited.
    Helpful kmontayne Rated helpful

10. Default Abuses LegitScript

Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Does anyone here know why overseas pharmacies will not take Mastercard? I just spent 3 hours trying to find one that accepts mastercard and FAILED. There are lots of them that SAY they do but then when you try to put in the account number they won't let you do it! I finally ended up having to pay by e-check! So frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on this??
    Hi to all meds merchants.
    the problem is not Master card but legitscript.com or .net that's trying at first to suspend domains through registrars and after look with who you are processing and ask to Master card to block this card processor that will be obliged to stop to merchant. This USA people of Legitscript are located in Portland, Oregon ; they are paid from some meds merchants trying to reserve for them all the meds market on line. This people is a corrupted people working as Mafia and it's necessary that all meds merchants try to spam them, they have to finish to work in this dirty way. It's asked the help of all internet people to try to stop them also considering that they are in USA and have power only in and on USA and not around the world. It's necessary to block these pigs of legitscript. Bye

11. Citi offers virtual card number that you can use once. it could be visa, amex or MC.

Magician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
    Citi offers virtual card number that you can use once. it could be visa, amex or MC.
    @joebuck

joebuck makes a good point about Citibank's virtual credit card system. For no cost, cardholders may log into their website and establish a virtual credit card number that is good for a month or so, and can only be accessed by the first merchant that uses it. You can also set a dollar limit. After the card expires, a merchant can still issue a refund to the card and it will post back to your real account, so if you have a problem with delivery you can get that refund.

Be aware that you will have a 1% fee from visa/mc for international charges, and citibank charges another 2% fee for international usage & currency conversion.

The only other option for people who want to shield their real credit account from abuse is to buy pre-loaded credit cards at the mart or corner convenience store. The problem with these is the initial fee, and the maintenance fees charged by some. And if you don't buy it for quite enough value, you have to go add more value, and if you don't use all the value, you need to find some other little purchase you can make to burn off the remainder. But it's still safer than Western Union!

13. I have been wondering why a lot of merchants wont accept MC and I think I found the answer. Also, I had no idea about the virtual card thing. Thinks a lot for the info, I will use it on future purchases.

14. Quote Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
    Citi offers virtual card number that you can use once. it could be visa, amex or MC.
    maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if one has a Citi Mastercard is it possible to generate a virtual card number accepted by a business only accepting payments from a VISA account?

blink has a spectacular aura aboutblink has a spectacular aura aboutblink has a spectacular aura aboutblink has a spectacular aura aboutblink has a spectacular aura about

They would not accept my Capitol One Visa but they took my Bank Of America Visa. I cant tell you why though.

A couple weeks ago i tried ordering from medstore-online but they kept saying my visa wouldnt go through, I called my bank and they said it was nothing on there end and that there was no signs of any transaction going through. Medstore-online wasnt very helpful with the isssue and i just canceled the order. It seems like they may be a pretty legitimate source though from what i hear on the forums?