Thread: Surprisingly easy first step with NetSpend card

Talking Surprisingly easy first step with NetSpend card

I've been looking at both Green Dot and NetSpend for a couple of days and settled on NetSpend.

I didn't have to spend a dime to register for a card. It's on the way. Just a bit of information to get started.

I guess the activation step will require some credit type info such as SSN, etc.

At that point, I will have to select which plan I want of three choices. I'm going to select the one that only charges me a dollar for signature use as a credit card or two dollars for PIN use as a debit.

Since my IOP purchase is neither, I'm hoping there's no charge what-so-ever.

Not only can I fill my card from my paypal account, but I can do free bank transfers, both of which takes a few days or...I can go to several places locally to fill the card for only two bucks.

So far, so good.

I'll post back and bump this thread at the next step. Should take a few days to get my card in the mail.

Take care.

grateful4wsp is offline Honorable Member
    grateful4wsp has a spectacular aura aboutgrateful4wsp has a spectacular aura aboutgrateful4wsp has a spectacular aura aboutgrateful4wsp has a spectacular aura aboutgrateful4wsp has a spectacular aura about

Let us know if that will work for international payments. I know that the green dot doesn't work for ******** purchases.

Gullible is offline Eminent Member
    Gullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant future

I have never heard of free bank transfers. Your bank will charge you unless it's a prearranged transfer from checking like bill pay. But then they have free access to all the money you have in the bank because the bank will go into other accounts to pay off a request. I also think there will be some other fees.

I use a virtual credit card. Look around and you will find info on that. I'd rather not repeat it in every thread. It's free except my bank charges 2% for over-seas transactions. None of the payment plans are anon even if you think they are. Money orders come the closest but no one will take them. WU, mg etc all take your pic so smile when you do it.
    Helpful grateful4wsp Rated helpful
    Read blacklistednews.com for the inside stories.

deadhorse is offline Honorable Member
    deadhorse will become famous soon enoughdeadhorse will become famous soon enoughdeadhorse will become famous soon enoughdeadhorse will become famous soon enough

never heard of this form of payment before. Familiar with roddot. It doesnt seem like to many iops accept this form of electronic payment that you speak of