Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coinbase closed my account

fundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nicefundus is just really nice

I used BTC for two or three transactions and it went well, but that vendor didn't last long. And I'm glad I spend every last BTC with them before they went underground with jacked up prices, it made no sense, I won't mention the vendor but I think we all know who I peak of.

I hope Coinbase closes my account, I'm done dealing in that currency or whatever you want to classify it as, it's just a soul sucker of a PITA that you have to work at it just keep it sustainable, that's no fun.

I'm done with BTC, the buying, the market fluctuations, hardly any vendors I know of use it. I'm happy that some people are smart enough to figure it out and make it work for them, but to me it's hard enough placing an order and hoping it arrives.
    Everything is self evident. -Descartes

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Coinbase closed my account
  3. It took a little digging but I found several pharma that still sell to Credit Cards etc. I will not get into it but there are some clever work arounds to make the sale look like you are buying a computer etc. So it is possible. Some Pharma places have passwords etc and they know who you are etc. They know you have been a consistent customer for many years and will still take credit cards or paypal etc.
    Helpful jaders, H20shed65 Rated helpful

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Quit clowning around

Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    @Carter

I know nothing about BitCoins as member @Gullible will attest to. Can I just send you CIM and you can convert them to Bitcoins ( or whatever ) and then I could purchase from vendors who take Bitcoins? Gullible correctly points out that one gets a better deal when using Bitcoins. And were it not for the fact that I let @djrick talk me into investing all my savings in Amway, I wouldn't be in this most unfortunate financial situation.

And Carter, I would offer to pay a commission , but thanks to Boiler Room Trader Extraordinaire @djrick , I can only pay you in Amway DishDrops!

Ok, now you told me you wanted in on the Winners DREAM Team - Sign up @Carter while you're at it

- ummm, what, math is hard! Here see for yourself how to make the big bucks!?!

math.jpg

Yes, you too can build your own Empire

amway clown.jpg
    Helpful H20shed65 Rated helpful
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

5. I am in the wait and wait part of coinbase now! Geez for real i cant believe how long it takes. My first deposit to someone was a bust I never heard from them again and they wont answer my emails or calls. But the wait is hard for sure! I am going to transfer to my own wallet for sure now
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful

Coinbase is kind of annoying. They started charging foreign transaction fees to my bank to buy bitcoin on top of the regular fee they charge.
    Like Carter liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by djrick View Post
    Ok, now you told me you wanted in on the Winners DREAM Team - Sign up @Carter while you're at it

- ummm, what, math is hard! Here see for yourself how to make the big bucks!?!

math.jpg

Yes, you too can build your own Empire

amway clown.jpg

But @djrick

I'm only in the Rusted Cast Iron Circle after 18 years?

I made just enough last year that Amway made me mail them my own First Class Stamp, for my 1099 Form. Is that new?
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowPenguin View Post
    Coinbase is kind of annoying. They started charging foreign transaction fees to my bank to buy bitcoin on top of the regular fee they charge.
    That doesn't sound right especially if you are in the US and just transferring $$'s from a US bank to CB. Did you inquire about the foreign transaction fee? It's been a while, but I never paid a foreign transaction fee purchasing BTC from coinbase.

I haven't any transactions with coinbase for almost a year (that was last time I bought BTC, which I promptly moved out of CB). So my CB account balance has been at zero for almost a year, yet keep getting emails from them that I never read but I imagine some of them have changes in terms and conditions.

---

@H20shed65....I am waiting for my $10,000 CIM , before I ship (registered and insured of course) you one freshly mined, minted from zero's and one's into an actual real life commodity, uncirculated, washed, and tumbled dried BTC. (Very rare, only 100 of these were made) They are almost sold out...but I'll hold this one for you for one more week so you can make some money selling Amway products door to door

images.jpg
    Like H20shed65, djrick liked this post
    RULE 63: Don't Take Carter Too Seriously

9. At first I thought the Bit Coin Idea was good but with all the headaches I see posted here it is more of a hassle. I found several vendors
    that will still accept credit cards and other forms of payment. At first I thought Bit Coins was a deal with some Vendors offering 10 % to 20 % off but with the exchange rate , high prices for the Bit Coins (some sellers have larger markups etc). It is not really worth it to me yet. So I will continue to support the Pharmas that will still take Credit cards etc until they disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    That doesn't sound right especially if you are in the US and just transferring $$'s from a US bank to CB. Did you inquire about the foreign transaction fee? It's been a while, but I never paid a foreign transaction fee purchasing BTC from coinbase.

I haven't any transactions with coinbase for almost a year (that was last time I bought BTC, which I promptly moved out of CB). So my CB account balance has been at zero for almost a year, yet keep getting emails from them that I never read but I imagine some of them have changes in terms and conditions.
    The international transaction fee is something that just started happening December of last year, so it makes sense that you haven't seen it. Their payment processor is processing the transactions in London now instead of San Francisco for who knows what reason. Apparently a lot of people are having this issue.
    Helpful Carter, steve12345 Rated helpful

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowPenguin View Post
    The international transaction fee is something that just started happening December of last year, so it makes sense that you haven't seen it. Their payment processor is processing the transactions in London now instead of San Francisco for who knows what reason. Apparently a lot of people are having this issue.
    Well that suxx. I wonder you have to pay the Foreign Fee move you any BTC back to CB and then to bank account. ???

I guess if I never use my ~0.5 BTC I'll just go the Local Bitcoin route...or maybe donate them to charity? (Wonder if there any tax deductible charities besides the Carter Foundation that take BTC )

Boycott CoinBase Now!!!!!!
    Helpful Gullible, djrick Rated helpful
    Like SnowPenguin liked this post

Kessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the rough

I used a place called Circle, I don,t know the rest of the the name but it was instant and it worked out for me.
    Like H20shed65 liked this post
    [I]We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.-William Ewart Gladstone[/I]

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Carter

WHAT?

A Bank Charging A Ridiculous and Unscrupulous Fee????

Are you sure you're not mistaken? I assume you read the fine print? This is page 1:

General principles of bank regulation[edit]
    Banking regulations vary widely between jurisdictions.

Licensing and supervision
    Banks usually require a banking license from a national bank regulator before they are permitted to carry on a banking business, whether within the jurisdiction or as an offshore bank. The regulator supervises licensed banks for compliance with the requirements and responds to breaches of the requirements by obtaining undertakings, giving directions, imposing penalties or (ultimately) revoking the bank's license.

Minimum requirements
    A national bank regulator imposes requirements on banks in order to promote the objectives of the regulator. Often, these requirements are closely tied to the level of risk exposure for a certain sector of the bank. The most important minimum requirement in banking regulation is maintaining minimum capital ratios.[3] To some extent, U.S. banks have some leeway in determining who will supervise and regulate them.[4]

Market discipline
    The regulator requires banks to publicly disclose financial and other information, and depositors and other creditors are able to use this information to assess the level of risk and to make investment decisions. As a result of this, the bank is subject to market discipline and the regulator can also use market pricing information as an indicator of the bank's financial health.

Instruments and requirements of bank regulation
    Capital requirement
    Main article: Capital requirement
    The capital requirement sets a framework on how banks must handle their capital in relation to their assets. Internationally, the Bank for International Settlements' Basel Committee on Banking Supervision influences each country's capital requirements. In 1988, the Committee decided to introduce a capital measurement system commonly referred to as the Basel Capital Accords. The latest capital adequacy framework is commonly known as Basel III.[5] This updated framework is intended to be more risk sensitive than the original one, but is also a lot more complex.

Reserve requirement
    Main article: Reserve requirement
    The reserve requirement sets the minimum reserves each bank must hold to demand deposits and banknotes. This type of regulation has lost the role it once had, as the emphasis has moved toward capital adequacy, and in many countries there is no minimum reserve ratio. The purpose of minimum reserve ratios is liquidity rather than safety. An example of a country with a contemporary minimum reserve ratio is Hong Kong, where banks are required to maintain 25% of their liabilities that are due on demand or within 1 month as qualifying liquefiable assets.

Reserve requirements have also been used in the past to control the stock of banknotes and/or bank deposits. Required reserves have at times been gold, central bank banknotes or deposits, and foreign currency.

Corporate governance
    Corporate governance requirements are intended to encourage the bank to be well managed, and is an indirect way of achieving other objectives. As many banks are relatively large, with many divisions, it is important for management to maintain a close watch on all operations. Investors and clients will often hold higher management accountable for missteps, as these individuals are expected to be aware of all activities of the institution. Some of these requirements may include:

to be a body corporate (i.e. not an individual, a partnership, trust or other unincorporated entity)
    to be incorporated locally, and/or to be incorporated under as a particular type of body corporate, rather than being incorporated in a foreign jurisdiction
    to have a minimum number of directors
    to have an organisational structure that includes various offices and officers, e.g. corporate secretary, treasurer/CFO, auditor, Asset Liability Management Committee, Privacy Officer, Compliance Officer etc. Also the officers for those offices may need to be approved persons, or from an approved class of persons
    to have a constitution or articles of association that is approved, or contains or does not contain particular clauses, e.g. clauses that enable directors to act other than in the best interests of the company (e.g. in the interests of a parent company) may not be allowed.
    Financial reporting and disclosure requirements
    Among the most important regulations that are placed on banking institutions is the requirement for disclosure of the bank's finances. Particularly for banks that trade on the public market, in the US for example the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requires management to prepare annual financial statements according to a financial reporting standard, have them audited, and to register or publish them. Often, these banks are even required to prepare more frequent financial disclosures, such as Quarterly Disclosure Statements. The Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 outlines in detail the exact structure of the reports that the SEC requires.

In addition to preparing these statements, the SEC also stipulates that directors of the bank must attest to the accuracy of such financial disclosures. Thus, included in their annual reports must be a report of management on the company's internal control over financial reporting. The internal control report must include: a statement of management's responsibility for establishing and maintaining adequate internal control over financial reporting for the company; management's assessment of the effectiveness of the company's internal control over financial reporting as of the end of the company's most recent fiscal year; a statement identifying the framework used by management to evaluate the effectiveness of the company's internal control over financial reporting; and a statement that the registered public accounting firm that audited the company's financial statements included in the annual report has issued an attestation report on management's assessment of the company's internal control over financial reporting. Under the new rules, a company is required to file the registered public accounting firm's attestation report as part of the annual report. Furthermore, the SEC added a requirement that management evaluate any change in the company's internal control over financial reporting that occurred during a fiscal quarter that has materially affected, or is reasonably likely to materially affect, the company's internal control over financial reporting.[6]

Credit rating requirement
    Banks may be required to obtain and maintain a current credit rating from an approved credit rating agency, and to disclose it to investors and prospective investors. Also, banks may be required to maintain a minimum credit rating. These ratings are designed to provide color for prospective clients or investors regarding the relative risk that one assumes when engaging in business with the bank. The ratings reflect the tendencies of the bank to take on high risk endeavors, in addition to the likelihood of succeeding in such deals or initiatives. The rating agencies that banks are most strictly governed by, referred to as the "Big Three" are the Fitch Group, Standard and Poor's and Moody's. These agencies hold the most influence over how banks (and all public companies) are viewed by those engaged in the public market. In recent years, following the Great Recession, many economists have argued that these agencies face a serious conflict of interest in their core business model.[7] Clients pay these agencies to rate their company based on their relative riskiness in the market. The question then is, to whom is the agency providing its service: the company or the market?

European financial economics experts – notably the World Pensions Council (WPC) have argued that European powers such as France and Germany pushed dogmatically and naively for the adoption of the "Basel II recommendations", adopted in 2005, transposed in European Union law through the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD). In essence, they forced European banks, and, more importantly, the European Central Bank itself, to rely more than ever on the standardized assessments of "credit risk" marketed aggressively by two US credit rating agencies – Moody's and S&P, thus using public policy and ultimately taxpayers' money to strengthen anti-competitive duopolistic practices akin to exclusive dealing. Ironically, European governments have abdicated most of their regulatory authority in favor of a non-European, highly deregulated, private cartel.[8]

Large exposures restrictions
    Banks may be restricted from having imprudently large exposures to individual counterparties or groups of connected counterparties. Such limitation may be expressed as a proportion of the bank's assets or equity, and different limits may apply based on the security held and/or the credit rating of the counterparty. Restricting disproportionate exposure to high-risk investment prevents financial institutions from placing equity holders' (as well as the firm's) capital at an unnecessary risk.
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Kessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the rough

@Carter or @H20shed65 or @SnowPenguin,

or anyone with some bitcoin knowledge, I could use some advice, so I am trying to pay my vendor, and just bought 220 dollars worth of bitcoins, so I go to Circle and they do not send bit coins to address, only phone numbers and e-mails. Can I send them to my own e-mail? then to to my vendor. I am just not sure if I know how to do that.
    Last edited by Kessa; 5 Days Ago at 03:45 PM.
    [I]We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.-William Ewart Gladstone[/I]

@Kessa , I personally am at a loss since I don't know anything about Circle. With coinbase I would always just transfer whatever BTC I "bought" to a separate software (Electrum in my case) wallet address. Usually I would create a new one. Seems like there must be some way to transfer your BTC out of circle to some other wallet (e.g. mycelium, electrum,...).

No email addys or phone numbers involved in any BTC transfers. Maybe you need to convert your $$'s to BTC in circle first? Don't know.

PS - I would imagine like coinbase, it is probably not a good idea to pay your vendor directly from Circle.
    Helpful steve12345, Kessa Rated helpful

@Carter I don't think you do, But I just transferred it back into cash and into my my Bank account. I have been having all kinds of problems just trying to pay my vendor. I think when it gets this hard it is time to move on. Problem is finding a new vendor.

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

@Kessa, I don't use Circle, but from what I've read, it appears that they recently discontinued some of their Bitcoin services. It sounds like they only allow customers to pay through "social messaging":

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-bi...-idUSKBN13W2PF
    Helpful Carter, Kessa Rated helpful

Thank you for this information. I was concerned over the same thing as the OP and hadnt heard of a private wallet before. Google is my best friend so should be able to give me the information I seek
    Quote Originally Posted by docwho View Post
    Get a private wallett. T'was what I was advised then put any money i there. I used Securecoin and seem goood sofare

smo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the roughsmo1959 is a jewel in the rough

I use Coinbase to buy BC. It takes a few days to go from my bank account to my Coinbase account - something you just have to factor in to the process. Originally I used BC directly from Coinbase, but after reading all of the good advice on PR, I set up a wallet (Jaxx). Moving BC to Jaxx was instant - not sure if there was a processing fee or not. There is definitely a small fee when making an IOP purchase - I think it was about $.50. The reason I know is because I didn't factor it in to my payment and shorted the vendor 0.50. He was very forgiving about that but it caused a delay because the amounts did not match and he had to go looking for the transaction. I didn't have that problem with my first couple of transactions... I like using Bitcoin. It seems pretty straight forward and I don't know why some people have issues and others don't. My Coinbase account is tied directly to my bank which may make some people nervous but it is the safest way to go imo...but clearly having a wallet elsewhere is the way to go when making purchases. I use it strictly for the discounts and ease of use - not for stealth.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -JRR Tolkien

docwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to all

@legend0710
    Not that it matters to me anymore as I am gone from this game but I did not have much luck with Securewallet or coincorner.
    It would not recognise my passsword on securewallett and there is no way to retrieve or reset it so whatever was in there is lost now and both companies take a fee with each transaction that worked out quite a bit more than I realised. Also Coincorner will not allow you to take your money out unless it is over 100 so I would need to buy more coins (and pay more fee's) to get it back to real money.
    It has very quickly become quite a moneyspinner for these companies. Look carefully at any bitcoin sites T&C's and google reviews.

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    But @djrick

I'm only in the Rusted Cast Iron Circle after 18 years?

I made just enough last year that Amway made me mail them my own First Class Stamp, for my 1099 Form. Is that new?

I don't know, I've never made enough to be 1099'able!

multi.jpg

Summer is coming, perfect opportunity to become the BIG DIAMOND of the family.

amway.jpg
    Helpful H20shed65 Rated helpful
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

22. Coinbase closed my account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast