Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coinbase closed my account

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

Default Coinbase closed my account

After three years without incident, Coinbase closed my account yesterday. Did this happen to anyone else? The only reason I can think of is that I didn't use it frequently enough, so I'm not worth their time. This is part of the email that I received from CB:

"Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your Coinbase account. Please note that we have not blocked access to any funds currently in your Coinbase account; while we can no longer process brokerage orders via our banking relationship, you may still send your balance offsite to an external address."

I have now opened an account with Localbitcoins. Goodbye Coinbase (middle finger).
    Helpful pia, Carter, Gullible Rated helpful
    Like drboris, smo1959 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Coinbase closed my account
    docwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to alldocwho is a name known to all

Get a private wallett. T'was what I was advised then put any money i there. I used Securecoin and seem goood sofare
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful
    Like drboris, Carter liked this post

I am also looking into localbitcoins. You can even meet a person and pay in cash if you want. This whole thing is just one more hurdle to getting the services we need (waste of my time).

This is similar to having to register for a Medical Marijuana License when you are dying of Cancer. I have to spend $ 200 each year to the Doc and another $ 50 to the State. $ 250 total Every year.
    Helpful jaders, Gullible Rated helpful
    Like drboris liked this post

Kessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    After three years without incident, Coinbase closed my account yesterday. Did this happen to anyone else? The only reason I can think of is that I didn't use it frequently enough, so I'm not worth their time. This is part of the email that I received from CB:

"Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your Coinbase account. Please note that we have not blocked access to any funds currently in your Coinbase account; while we can no longer process brokerage orders via our banking relationship, you may still send your balance offsite to an external address."

I have now opened an account with Localbitcoins. Goodbye Coinbase (middle finger).
    @wintermute
    Just be careful with them, I just got ripped off becauese I have never used them before and paid 75 bucks for 50 dollars worth of BCs. At Localbitcoins I had to buy from regular people trying to get rid of theirs and make a big profit. I did not see anywhere where you could buy directly from them, and each buyer wants a photo id, I went through 3 before I bought some and then got ripped off.
    [I]We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.-William Ewart Gladstone[/I]

Local Bit coins also have ATMS in my area. I think it is a good idea to know the exchange rate at the time you are doing any transactions. I found a pharmacy that still takes credit cards at a good price for some goods but it was a lot of work and I suspect he will go to Bit Coins so I might as well dive in. I plan on buying just enough to cover the fluctuations (say 10% more than what I need) and do it just prior to making a purchase so that if something happens I do not get totally taken to the cleaners.

Kessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the roughKessa is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by steve12345 View Post
    Local Bit coins also have ATMS in my area. I think it is a good idea to know the exchange rate at the time you are doing any transactions. I found a pharmacy that still takes credit cards at a good price for some goods but it was a lot of work and I suspect he will go to Bit Coins so I might as well dive in. I plan on buying just enough to cover the fluctuations (say 10% more than what I need) and do it just prior to making a purchase so that if something happens I do not get totally taken to the cleaners.
    I agree but I am crap at math and 1 bitcoin is about 400 dollars right? I was buying 60 bucks worth of supplements so I needed 0.62000, something like that, man my math sucks. So its hard when you are buying a fraction of one.
    [I]We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.-William Ewart Gladstone[/I]

They have spiked up to $898 in recent weeks. They just keep getting stronger for the time being.
    Helpful Kessa Rated helpful

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessa View Post
    I agree but I am crap at math and 1 bitcoin is about 400 dollars right? I was buying 60 bucks worth of supplements so I needed 0.62000, something like that, man my math sucks. So its hard when you are buying a fraction of one.
    Maybe it 0.062 (extra zero after decimal point). 0.0675 ~ $60 when I just checked with 1 BTC at $894 or so. They were up in the 900's a week or two ago I think.
    @wintermute , I haven't used my coinbase account in at least 6 months and have a zero balance there. Wonder if they are going to close (or closed) my account. I do have about 0.5 BTC sitting off somewhere else. I have some emails from coinbase over the last few months piled up I haven't even read. I'll check and report back if they did.
    Helpful wintermute Rated helpful
    RULE 63: Don't Take Carter Too Seriously

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute

Bitcoins have not been as low as $400 in about a year. Around 900 is the going rate at the moment and it goes up and down. You will pay a premium above spot price, the price you see at bitstamp, bitfinex, polonex, etc is the wholesale price. No need for id or selfies if you buy in person with cash or use an atm.

Avoid coinbase, if you want to pay a cheap price and don't mind jumping through hoops for a week or two, you can but at as little as 1/4% markup from geminii
    Helpful steve12345, Kessa Rated helpful
    Like wintermute, Carter liked this post

I didn't know if I had a choice because they gave me a link to a Bitcoin Vendor, and from what I could tell you put in how much you need, which I did us Dollars, because I needed 61 and change, so I put in 65 dollars. Then found 2 people, both of them wanted a screenshot with my DL in the pic and I dont know how to take a screenshot with something else in it. The last guy just wanted a pic of me holding my DL, so we did it through paypal and I only got 50 dollars.
    Like Carter liked this post

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    @wintermute , I haven't used my coinbase account in at least 6 months and have a zero balance there. Wonder if they are going to close (or closed) my account. I do have about 0.5 BTC sitting off somewhere else. I have some emails from coinbase over the last few months piled up I haven't even read. I'll check and report back if they did.
    The person that I was planning on paying through my Coinbase account told me that his Coinbase account was recently closed too. He used his frequently, so it wasn't due to inactivity. This was going to be my first transaction with him, so the account closures weren't related to one another. Hmm, I wonder why CB is closing accounts.
    Helpful Carter, steve12345 Rated helpful

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    The person that I was planning on paying through my Coinbase account told me that his Coinbase account was recently closed too. He used his frequently, so it wasn't due to inactivity. This was going to be my first transaction with him, so the account closures weren't related to one another. Hmm, I wonder why CB is closing accounts.
    Interesting, maybe they had too much activity? Geez, seems like CB is closing accts for all sorts of reasons. I checked mine yesterday and it was still there/active (no money in it of course). But it has been a while since I used it. Maybe I'll transfer a small amount (~$50) back into CB and move it back to my checking acct. just to keep it "active". Prices seem way to high to buy since I have no immediate need to "spend" it. The BTC machines and merchants are around, just not close/convenient to me.
    Last edited by Carter; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:14 AM.
    Helpful wintermute Rated helpful

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute

Coinbase will close your account if you transfer the coin directly to a site they don't approve of which could be many. Transfer instead to your own wallet on your phone or computer. Its safer too because sites like cb can steal your coins and have done so already. From your own wallet spend them as you wish and cb is none the wiser. Bunch of jerks anyway, imo. Buy from localbitcoins.com and you don't have to upload id and proof of everything then wait and wait.
    Helpful wintermute, steve12345, smo1959, Carter Rated helpful

I live in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains
    parogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud ofparogers has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Interesting, maybe they had too much activity? Geez, seems like CB is closing accts for all sorts of reasons. I checked mine yesterday and it was still there/active (no money in it of course). But it has been a while since I used it. Maybe I'll transfer a small amount (~$50) back into CB and move it back to my checking acct. just to keep it "active". Prices seem way to high to buy since I have no immediate need to "spend" it. The BTC machines and merchants are around, just not close/convenient to me.
    CB doesn't like this and might refuse it. I transferred some $ from a CC into CB a few months ago, a day or so later tried to transfer it back to my checking account. I got an email from CB saying they couldn't do that as it was against "money laundering" rules. Maybe if you transfer it from your bank and then back to your bank it will be OK. I'm not sure.
    Anyway, they only time I use CB now-a-days is to cash in my BTC and transfer $$ to my checking. I don't buy coins anymore.
    Good luck.
    Helpful Carter Rated helpful
    I can resist everything except temptation ~ O. Wilde

@Gullible, you are most likely correct about why my account was closed. I shouldn’t have paid directly from my CB wallet, but instead I should have transferred the funds to another wallet and then paid from that wallet.

For those of you who still have active CB accounts, I recommend following Gullible’s advice if you aren’t already.
    Helpful Gullible, steve12345 Rated helpful

I have never used bitcoins but looking into it since a lot are foig that way. One bitcoin is $900 ???? How do you afford it??? Holy cow....
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I have never used bitcoins but looking into it since a lot are foig that way. One bitcoin is $900 ???? How do you afford it??? Holy cow....
    You can buy fractions of a Bitcoin. For example, if you only need US$100, you can buy 0.12 Bitcoin.
    Helpful feisty, steve12345, Gullible Rated helpful

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute

Default bitcoin exchanges

I just read where someone mentioned bitcoins. I remember that @Carter did quite a bit of research months ago and there was at least one thread going regarding information on how they worked for any members interested in getting going with them.

I'm posting the following here, the newest thread that came up for me, for information purposes for any that are trading in bitcoins. GL.

2/10/17
    Trading volumes at China's three largest bitcoin exchanges have plummeted after the PBOC put the virtual currency market under sharper scrutiny in a move that coincided with efforts to stem capital outflows. China has been the world's leading venue for bitcoin trading, with analytics site Bitcoinity estimating that the OkCoin, Huobi and BTCC exchanges account for more than 90% of the global bitcoin market. Related tickers: OTCQX:GBTC, OTCQB:BTCS, COIN
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

Quote Originally Posted by djrick View Post
    I just read where someone mentioned bitcoins. I remember that @Carter did quite a bit of research months ago and there was at least one thread going regarding information on how they worked for any members interested in getting going with them.

I'm posting the following here, the newest thread that came up for me, for information purposes for any that are trading in bitcoins. GL.
    I am by far any kind of expert on BTC. There are several good threads on that discuss different ways to buy BTC, where to move and store them,, etc. I'm not sure where all the threads are but in general they aren't that old. One (maybe two?) is on the senior forum. One or more on the open forum. Here's a link to one of them. www.pharmacyreviewer.com/forum/payment-issues/52041-help-bitcoin.html

If one is buying BTC from Coinbase (or similar) it is best in IMO to move them out to an independent wallet as Gullible mentioned (e.g. MyCelinimum, Eluctrum, ...many more to choose from including hardware ones.) And then do your transfers from there. There are many reviews that discuss the pro's and con's etc.
    @wintermute , sorry to hear about your coinbase thing. If/when I ever buy some more BTC, I don't think I'll use Coinbase.
    Like wintermute liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Carter

I know nothing about BitCoins as member @Gullible will attest to. Can I just send you CIM and you can convert them to Bitcoins ( or whatever ) and then I could purchase from vendors who take Bitcoins? Gullible correctly points out that one gets a better deal when using Bitcoins. And were it not for the fact that I let @djrick talk me into investing all my savings in Amway, I wouldn't be in this most unfortunate financial situation.

And Carter, I would offer to pay a commission , but thanks to Boiler Room Trader Extraordinaire @djrick , I can only pay you in Amway DishDrops!

Helpful djrick Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

22. Coinbase closed my account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast