Thread: Western Union Declining my Online Payments

Skeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura aboutSkeletal_Wings has a spectacular aura about

Question Western Union Declining my Online Payments

So, throughout the years I've had many experiences with paying many different vendors online through Western Union. I've never had a problem with it until yesterday. After I entered all the information to send the money (which was only $200), it said that my transaction was "on hold" and that they had to review it. An hour later, they emailed me saying that the transaction had been denied. They gave me absolutely no information as to why. I know that the payment information I provided them was fine.

Have any of you guys had the same experience, and anyone know any way around it? I'm perfectly capable of going into MoneyGram and paying that way, but it's always easier to do things online, especially with my super busy schedule and the fact that I often have to get payment out ASAP.

[[
    To thine own self be true... ]]

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Western Union Declining my Online Payments
    Rylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud ofRylee has much to be proud of

Hi @Skeletal_Wings sorry I can't be of help to you since I've stayed away from WU& MG because of reading up on them on here.

I have read online payments get canceled more often than in person.

So until someone else can write you back I would suggest you read that thread, it's here in the payment Issues. There's a whole lot of info in that thread.

Sorry I know how it feels when you need to get a payment to someone & now you have to go run around when you're so busy!
    Last edited by Rylee; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:03 PM.
    Helpful luvspets Rated helpful
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

pope will become famous soon enough

If the person you are sending the money to has had too many other people sending them money that day, your transaction will be denied. Just let the op know and they will give you a new name..law enforcement works with wu and mg

doesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nice

very first time signed up to wu tried to do transaction and basically it wasnt allowed straight on :/ gave up same minute,to try calling to get any explanation.

@Skeletal_Wings,I have had one WU transaction put on hold,but within fifteen minutes it was released.But I have had other online transactions declined with WU online.I waited a few days and tried again and it was declined.Tried every three days for three more times and they were all declined.Waited a week and it went thru no problem.All to the same receiver even the last one that went thru.Don't know why.After that about three weeks later I made another order same vendor with same receiver and went right thru.When I was going to make another order I went to store and did it in person cause my credit card was charging me ten dollars each time ,calling it a cash transaction which I guess it is.So from now on I just go to store and never have a problem.I checked my other CC's and found one that does not charge for cash transaction.So like you said it is very convenient online and I will just use the other card with no fee.I still don't like using WU or MG but more and more vendors are going that way probably cause of chargebacks if they take CC's.Have a great weekend to you and everybody else.
    Helpful tommygun, eBeth Rated helpful
    Like calgal99 liked this post

calgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to beholdcalgal99 is a splendid one to behold

@Skeletal_Wings, take a cue from @UFC123, who echoes my experience - WU online is basically impossible to use. Find a Quickee-Mart type place that does WU, and send $ in person. Very rarely fails. If you are sending a lot of payments, look for a couple of places to use. Even here in the boonies there are 15-20 places that can do WU transfers, including all the grocery stores around here. Think of this, not as an inconvenience, but as part of your grocery shopping trip.
    Like UFC123 liked this post

Have in mind that WU or MG can check the person you are sending to. A lot of traffic to them raise suspicion so MG can deny transactions above a certain limit to a ventor. The worst case is if LE has informed MG or WU about illegal activities of the receiver, and so you will be followed up when you send to those blacklisted persons money. There is always a risk when sending money for Sch II & III medicines and one has to take responsibility for his acts.
    Like UFC123 liked this post

bellavamp has a spectacular aura aboutbellavamp has a spectacular aura aboutbellavamp has a spectacular aura aboutbellavamp has a spectacular aura aboutbellavamp has a spectacular aura aboutbellavamp has a spectacular aura about

@doesit I've also heard a very low, low percentage of transactions are approved by WU; they've become extremely strict with sending to certain areas. Is there a reason why you choose WU? MG has a much higher rate of success. So, if your transaction failed with WU, get your money refunded and move on to MG (brick and mortar).

snappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the roughsnappy711 is a jewel in the rough

I'm currently having trouble with WU.....the funds were taken from my bank and are showing (on my end) that they are available, however the recipient cannot retrieve....frustrating to say the least.

@snappy711,

Did you make sure both of you got all the data right ? Like exact spelling of names, MCTN etc.
    Last edited by Brax; 1 Week Ago at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy711 View Post
    I'm currently having trouble with WU.....the funds were taken from my bank and are showing (on my end) that they are available, however the recipient cannot retrieve....frustrating to say the least.
    Call and ask for a refund from WU. Then go the a local grocery store and pay there. MG is the best with this. Ask for a new receiver from your vendor. WU has either flagged the recipient or you. Either way don't us online, I know it is easier, but eventually they are going to flag you, if they have not already. I am flagged from both MG AND WU for years now. Good Luck. M
    Listen to the LOVE. Inspired by Harry Irene (2015)

luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
    Call and ask for a refund from WU. Then go the a local grocery store and pay there. MG is the best with this. Ask for a new receiver from your vendor. WU has either flagged the recipient or you. Either way don't us online, I know it is easier, but eventually they are going to flag you, if they have not already. I am flagged from both MG AND WU for years now. Good Luck. M
    DiTTo @Mecha! Unfortunately I can relate and that is why I never use MG, WU, UPS, and FEDEX! (With FedEx being the least of my concerns!)
    If this is the only way a vendor wants paid, then I just move on and find one who's more reasonable.
    Helpful Mecha Rated helpful
    "Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." Robin Williams

tommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to beholdtommygun is a splendid one to behold

Always if you have to use these payment methods,as Mecha says,go to the store or PO and do it face to face.
    Have read so may times of folk trying the online versions and being refused,not had a problem with doing it in person so far,touch wood.
    Helpful davidpaul, Mecha Rated helpful
    Time Flies...But Aeroplanes Crash.

Agree with @calgal99. To add to that --I've found that the larger grocery store branches of WU aren't consistently open - specifically at Safeway. It can be down for days and all they say is "we're still waiting for someone from WU to come out." I started going to a small check cashing place by my house that also does WU/MG and bill pay stuff. Didn't take long to become a regular there and get a bit of a rapport with the two employees. Dealing with WU itself over the phone has been a crapshoot because who knows how knowledgeable the random employee you get will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you just choose which payer to use, @bellavamp? I've always been directed by my op. Some have very strong preferences.

grammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to allgrammy is a name known to all

I have used both MG and WU in the past. Years ago it was easy especially if you went to a Brick and Mortar. Last transaction was flagged on the receiver end and they gave me my money back, MG. Tried WU, same block. I am probably banned now. Less than a year ago I legitimately tried to send money to my friend who had her wallet stolen to a State in the US. It took close to 2hours to complete and this was WU. No more MG and WU for me!!!!
    Good luck to those trying. It seems to take them a little bit of time to catch on esp if the sender isn't on the banned list.

joebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura aboutjoebob has a spectacular aura about

I just did my first WU payment last week and thanks to the PR group I went in well prepared. I went into a local store one town away. I read on here that if they transaction has trouble and you use fake info that you cant get you payment back. Well thank goodness I listened to that. My very first WU was unable to be picked up by the person I was sending it to. This had to do with me selecting for the currency to be exchanged. Unless instructed to do so. DON'T! I got a message from the person stating that the office of exchange or something like that would not allow them to pick up the payment. Needless to say I was kinda feeling like "dang I don't wanna go back in there to figure this out". But I wasn't about to lose that money. The person sent me new receiver information and I went to the store and asked for a refund. They said I couldn't cancel it in the store because it was an international transaction with a currency exchange and was directed to call the dreaded 1800 number. Although he did tell me exactly how it would all play out so it calmed my fears a tad.

I waited on hold for about 20 minuets and then a representative answered and I gave them the track number, explained that I wanted to cancel my transaction and get a refund. I was put on hold for another 5 minuets and then was told I had to be transferred to another department. I didn't like were this was going but just kept on hold waiting. Then another representative answered and said "I understand you want to cancel your order"? I told them yes and gave them my concocted story that I had perfectly memorized. He did state that there was nothing wrong with the the transaction and it had no holds on it. But I just said the person who was supposed to pick it up was unavailable. They took that track number and changed the info into my name and said I could walk back into the store and pick up the money. I did ask the rep if I could resend to another person in the area without any trouble the same day and he said "yes I could". This is were having the correct sender information was crucial since I had to produce ID to pick the money back up.

After going into the store and picking up the money I asked if I could resend to another WU to a new receiver. They said no that store policy is to only allow one pickup or transaction per day. I asked if I could go to another store and do it and he said "yes that would be no problem". I went back to my town and to the same chain of supermarkets and figured heck they got all my info mind as well send it out closer so if something goes wrong I wont have to drive so far on a Sunday on my day off. Was able to send out the money order without a hitch and the person received it that same day.

So there is my first experience with WU. Wasn't ideal but it was not the worst outcome. I can't stress enough about putting your real info in the paperwork. If there gonna bust you they will. They have you on camera and they have you signing the form even if you use a fake name. So it's not worth it IMHO to lose out on the money when they could find you if they REALLY wanted to. Everything I read on here was to stay far far away from Wu online and since I did I think I had the best possible outcome.

Hope this helps others,

JB

The online option has never worked for me. I have been going in face to face for a very long time. That seems to take care of the majority of the problems, but not all of them. One of the first transactions I had with a vendor who is new to me got me a phone call from WU telling me they needed me to speak to someone before they released the funds for pickup. I got all indignant by the questions they were asking me because it was NONE of their business, because it wasn't! Turns out this new vendor operates out of a State that has a high volume of fraud complaints. He and I ended up working out a very good system and I haven't had an issue since.
    Helpful mancman Rated helpful

19. Western Union Declining my Online Payments