NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1372 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Mens Medicines Discount Pharmacy?

Magician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of light

Default Mens Medicines Discount Pharmacy?

I was researching Lodenafil carbonate, per my post over in the ED topic forum:
    http://www.pharmacyreviewer.com/foru...a-vigamed.html
    And part of the info I found was for someone claiming to be the "exclusive" distributor of the drug, Helleva, made by the Brazilian company, Cristalia Pharmaceuticals. The company is "Mens Medicines Discount Pharmacy" at:
    www.mensmedicines.com They also sell the "Vigamed" product (phentolaine mesylate).

This pharmacy is neither on the pharmacyreviewer "top-rated" nor "blacklisted" pharmacies list. I have no idea about their reputation or legitimacy. Their website claims an address in New Zealand, which looks to be a residential neighborhood on google maps. Not by itself necessarily a bad thing.

So I'm posting here now as an appeal for anyone to provide information on Mens Medicines, espeicially if they have direct experience. Perhaps the mods ( @drboris , @tinmuning , etc) have some other secret resources for checking pharmacies out and would be willing to post their evaluation? Otherwise, I guess we'll have to wait for someone to take the plunge. Could the pharmacy eventually be listed, in advance of a user review?, Several others on the "top rated" (and blacklisted) list have no user reviews also.

I'm curious, but really don't want to get ripped off. And these pills ain't cheap.
    Last edited by Magician; 01-16-2011 at 11:29 PM.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    ^Hi, I don't have a particular secret source---google is my life line as well. Anyway, no feedbacks from customers but I found out that this site is included in NABP's List of Not Recommended Sites.

Default I'll take one for the team, Magician

ON EDIT: @Magician , @tinmuning -- I just saw @Magician 's post regarding the site URL and edited this one to remove it as well.

@Magician , there are a couple of options you can uncheck if you click the "Go Advanced" button under "Additional options when you are writing a post: "Automatically retrieve titles from external links", and "Automatically parse links in text", that should fix your problem.

@Magician -- Some stock options and RSUs of mine recently matured and vested, and while I won't be retiring to Belize with a 19 year old "lab assistant" as a result of exercising them, I do have some $ to experiment with.

I'll take one for the team on this one and report back in.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    I was researching Lodenafil carbonate, per my post over in the ED topic forum.
    And part of the info I found was for someone claiming to be the "exclusive" distributor of the drug, Helleva, made by the Brazilian company, Cristalia Pharmaceuticals. The company is "Mens Medicines Discount Pharmacy" at:
    They also sell the "Vigamed" product (phentolaine mesylate).

This pharmacy is neither on the pharmacyreviewer "top-rated" nor "blacklisted" pharmacies list. I have no idea about their reputation or legitimacy. Their website claims an address in New Zealand, which looks to be a residential neighborhood on google maps. Not by itself necessarily a bad thing.

So I'm posting here now as an appeal for anyone to provide information on Mens Medicines, espeicially if they have direct experience. Perhaps the mods ( @drboris , @tinmuning , etc) have some other secret resources for checking pharmacies out and would be willing to post their evaluation? Otherwise, I guess we'll have to wait for someone to take the plunge. Could the pharmacy eventually be listed, in advance of a user review?, Several others on the "top rated" (and blacklisted) list have no user reviews also.

I'm curious, but really don't want to get ripped off. And these pills ain't cheap.
    Last edited by Wheels46; 01-17-2011 at 02:13 AM.
    Helpful drboris Rated helpful
    Gone is the soldier, gone to the wars...

Magician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of lightMagician is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by tinmuning View Post
    ^.... I found out that this site is included in NABP's List of Not Recommended Sites.
    Thanks @tinmuning for the info. I'd never heard of the NABP, let alone their list of unrecommendations. I took a look at it, and noticed that virtually all of the online pharmacies given by pharmacyreviewer.com as "top-rated" are also on the NABP unrecommended list. Including the top four, plus most of the ones I've done business with, and including progressiverx.com, which I think is possibly the most transparent and legitimate of the bunch. So my opinion of the NABP list is modified accordingly. In fact, the NABP objection to the site is coming close to a backhanded endorsement of the site, given what I think are their motives. So thank you for raising the issue!

On another point, I apologize for having that advertising link in my initial post in this thread. I have edited it to remove the advertisement, and just given the website name. I cannot edit Wheels46's post which quotes me, unfortunately. I don't know HOW the advertising line got there, because I don't even know how to code that sort of thing, I speculate that the board software automatically pulled a page name from the target URL and created the titled-link by itself. Something that I consider presumptuous at best. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to NOT have the name of the site without the clickable link. The board software insists on putting it in. It's as if a pushy editor is re-writing what I type. As a part-time editor of literature myself, I find this behavior offensive. *I* am the authority of what I write, not some automated software. Perhaps this is more the purview of @drboris than tinmuning, however.

Finally, @Wheels46 : How nice that you've got some cash to play with! And how generous of you to offer yourself as a guineapig. You are well aware of this, but I would want to caution people that although the drug is approved in Brazil, it is apparently not yet approved elsewhere. It might be prudent to wait and see how the regulatory authorities of other countries assess it, before you import and swallow the magic pill. Unless you are in Brazil when you do so, of course. Hopefully with an agreeable "lab assistant".

@Magician : Ah, Brazil. The most self-medicated country in the world, according to the CIA World Reference Manual (And confirmed by Fodor's, in whom I place more trust), and yet the country with the least drug related deaths. Maybe our government could learn a thing or two from theirs in this regard.
    Gone is the soldier, gone to the wars...

NABPs approval of not recommended sites is the same as Legitscripts. Just because you don't see a physical doctor these sites will tell you that its a rogue pharm.. etc etc.

That is why @Magician :P you could be a bit puzzled about it.

If you read through the legitscript site it will tell you about it and stuff. I don't know if you've heard about them

Quote Originally Posted by kmontayne View Post
    NABPs approval of not recommended sites is the same as Legitscripts. Just because you don't see a physical doctor these sites will tell you that its a rogue pharm.. etc etc.

That is why @Magician :P you could be a bit puzzled about it.

If you read through the legitscript site it will tell you about it and stuff. I don't know if you've heard about them
    @kmontayne :
    Nope, not heard of legitscript either. BUT for sure ProgressiveRx and others do require a legitimate prescription, yet they're on the NABP unrecommended list, so it seems that NABP is just a mouthpiece for USA domestic brick-and-mortar retailers, and the few mailorder outlets they like (or own). Not very persuasive, IMO.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    @Magician :

urthermore, I can't figure out how to NOT have the name of the site without the clickable link. The board software insists on putting it in. It's as if a pushy editor is re-writing what I type. As a part-time editor of literature myself, I find this behavior offensive. *I* am the authority of what I write, not some automated software. Perhaps this is more the purview of @drboris than tinmuning, however.
    It's ok. Those stuff happened to me before so what I do is just to type the site name and if it's not ".com," I manually type the site extension as well (i.e. sitename.net) so it does not automatically converts as a link. It's quite tasking really, especially for sites with a long name

@Magician its like what my husband says. Legitscript and NABP is all for domestic only like rite aid or corner clinics walgreens and other local pharmacies around the US. He wouldn't be surprised as to how many members withing those sites or site owners or administration has shares or stocks on the rest of the companies that they say they approved. Or like you said a few may be owned by a few of those admin workers, not regular employees.
    Having online pharms and international pharmas shipping into the US ruins the business for those local pharmacies and clinics that over charge for the meds. Then again the people that ruin it all knows who they are. Only the people that use the medication either for partying, or to just get high is the ones that ruin it for everyone. What is sad is that they don't realize how they hurt the rest of the people that may need it by their abuses, but either,or thats just my opinion about that subject
    Last edited by kmontayne; 01-17-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: clarification
    Helpful drboris Rated helpful