Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sedabarb (phenobarbital by Be-Tabs)

Question Sedabarb (phenobarbital by Be-Tabs)

Has anyone had experience with this medication?

And can a 30mg tab actually be considered 30mg, or is it somewhat weaker (as most IOP meds are)?

A barbiturate is one drug that I do not want to mis-dose...

Here's an image of the bottle and some of the pills (white, round, single score on one side and blank on the other):
    243854ed44fce52b67 - Sedabarb (phenobarbital by Be-Tabs)

chedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to beholdchedda is a splendid one to behold

I assume this is from top10 vendor and i must say most his meds i have never seen or heard of. His xanax are the same way, unidentifiable. Looks like it says Botswana on the bottle, but even with that I cant find any information. Sorry i am not much help. Free bump :-)

After more research i found be-tabs were bought in 2006 by ranbaxy. Not sure if that is an old bottle or if they are still producing under that name.1
    Last edited by chedda; 11-29-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Helpful Blockhead, FLinmysoul, djrick Rated helpful

Kittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud of

Their Diazepam is still produced under the old name - I ordered from top10 meds (the 100 5 mg Diazepams) and the packaging insert still uses the old name.

On a side note anyone know a good conversion - AKA xxmgs of Phenobarb = XXmgs of a Benzo?

roddy123 is on a distinguished road

how is the quality of their meds/reliability of this site?

Blockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Blockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    Has anyone had experience with this medication?

And can a 30mg tab actually be considered 30mg, or is it somewhat weaker (as most IOP meds are)?

A barbiturate is one drug that I do not want to mis-dose...

Here's an image of the bottle and some of the pills (white, round, single score on one side and blank on the other):
    243854ed44fce52b67 - Sedabarb (phenobarbital by Be-Tabs)
    @RedBaron, One should always be cautious but IMO those 30mg Phenos are primarily for Veterinarian use. I have always purchased the #100 Luminal 100mg and if you research that med you can clearly see what the acceptable max. human consumption should be. If you mix 50 or more of this 100mg barbiturate with high octane liquor then you would likely die or at least end up in the Hospital. I take 200mg when I do take them and it's strictly for sleep. The Barbs of yore such as Seconal are far more potent than Pheno. Seconal and Tuinal are still manufactured but are very difficult to obtain if you reside in the U.S.

@Blockhead thanks for this info. After reading other areas of info, it seems to not be a good barbituate to begin with, so I'm not going to bother with it.
    Helpful Blockhead Rated helpful

Good Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeGood Apollo has a reputation beyond repute

bump- i was looking at the exact same thing in the exaxt same place... its on special for like 20 USD right now so I was so excited... then, not so much Thanks folks.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is very uncommon to suffer an overdose from benzos alone but much easier to do it on barbiturates.

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

I just received an order of Sedabarb 30mg tablets. These are pretty weak to say the least and i'm not one to bad-mouth meds. 60mg of real US phenobarbital will really sedate you. I mean put you out. Like mentioned above, some take 100mg or more. However, I have taken 90mg of these Sedabarb tablets at once and felt next to nothing and I have NO TOLERANCE TO BENZOS OR BARBITUATES. So 30mg should have hit me pretty hard. Really disappointed with this med.

10. So are there any reliable vendors even out there that carry this medication? I've been trying to get off benzos for months now and I'm down to a very low dose, but can't seem to let them go completely. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was in rehab for xanax and opiates and said they gave him phenobarbital for 7 days I believe to help with the benzo withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
    So are there any reliable vendors even out there that carry this medication? I've been trying to get off benzos for months now and I'm down to a very low dose, but can't seem to let them go completely. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was in rehab for xanax and opiates and said they gave him phenobarbital for 7 days I believe to help with the benzo withdrawal.
    There are definitely sources. Our domestic friend has it... (not the newer one).

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
    So are there any reliable vendors even out there that carry this medication? I've been trying to get off benzos for months now and I'm down to a very low dose, but can't seem to let them go completely. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was in rehab for xanax and opiates and said they gave him phenobarbital for 7 days I believe to help with the benzo withdrawal.
    Using a drug like phenobarbital for rehab treatment was done in a supervised environment and thus would be very different from self-medication.
    Also, I have not seen phenobarbital used for in-patient withdrawal for several years. The typical protocol now is a replacement with Valium and a tapered discontinuation.
    I don't believe phenobarbital would be at all helpful for you with stopping benzodiazepines on your own. Don't overly complicate your situation. I would just continue tp taper.
    Helpful ishmael Rated helpful
    Like ishmael liked this post

13. Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    Using a drug like phenobarbital for rehab treatment was done in a supervised environment and thus would be very different from self-medication.
    Also, I have not seen phenobarbital used for in-patient withdrawal for several years. The typical protocol now is a replacement with Valium and a tapered discontinuation.
    I don't believe phenobarbital would be at all helpful for you with stopping benzodiazepines on your own. Don't overly complicate your situation. I would just continue tp taper.
    Your probably right, but I am positive I could do it safely. The LD50 for phenobarbital is something like 40mg/kg in an adult, which is an insanely high dose so I feel like someone would have to be pretty stupid or to do it intentially to overdose on the stuff. I've been tapering for a long time now and can' seem to jump off. Just want something to take the edge off for a few days until the worst of it is over. I have a very high demand job I can't really afford to be bugging out for 3-5 days.

Overdose is not the risk necessarily.
    I just believe that there's not much difference between tapering one or the other.
    Switching to a barbiturate can potentially complicate the withdrawal unnecessarily.
    Have you ever tried to taper off of a barb like phenobarbital without medical supervision?

15. @RedBaron can you give me a clue what you meant by this,
    "There are definitely sources. Our domestic friend has it... (not the newer one)."

I was about to order it form t10mo but read they are weak

qjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura about

i just ordered some from top10 will let you guys know if they are any good, but for $25 for 90 pills its not so bad for a test???
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful

qjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura aboutqjumpa has a spectacular aura about

just got these today will try tomorow, taken xanax so dont wont to mix?

movietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by qjumpa View Post
    just got these today will try tomorow, taken xanax so dont wont to mix?
    I hope you get a good/real batch because they didn't do squat for me. And regardless if they're cheap or not, if they're fake or weak, it's still money down the drain. Small, unmarked white pills, right? PLEASE let us know if they work for you. I'm interested in seeing if anyone ever does get some phenobarbital that works from TTMO. FYI, it's a barbiturate, not a very fast acting one, but a barbiturate none the less. So you should feel heavy sedation and most definately sleep. All barbiturates, at the right dose, will knock you out.

But I would be very surprised if they are real phenobarbital.
    Helpful qjumpa Rated helpful
    I am the key to the lock in your house that keeps your toys in the basement...

yeah i hope they are the real deal?
    but the x is doing fine for me at the moment plus 10 beers lol

yes small unmarked pills

do you know where else you can can barbs??
    Like movietango liked this post

movietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura aboutmovietango has a spectacular aura about

There are a few places that claim to have phenobarbital, but I haven't tried them so I don't know for sure. They say they have them. Do a search for phenobarbital. You should have access to the senior section so it would be no problem. But like I said, TTMO has weak/bunk phenobarbital IMO. I only know of two other places that claim to have pheno but they say they have the 100mg ones, not the 30mg ones like TTMO claims.

So you're saying the Xanax is working, albeit you having to take more than most?

The only times I have ever gotten barbs other than pheno (and that was from a local doctor, not an IOP) was, believe it or not, from eBay. Back in 2006 there was a seller on eBay that used to be an Eli Lilly representative. Apparently he had hoarded all these professional samples. He had an unopened bottle of 30 100mg Seconal pulvules (capsules). I bought it for $100 and they were really good, even though the expiration date was June 1974. So they were a little over 30 years old but they still worked just as good as the day they were made.

Barbs are extremely dangerous, though, even phenobarbital. That's why you don't see them hardly at all anymore. They kill way too easily and are horrible to withdraw from. And as you get a tolerance, the line between a therapeutic dose and a fatal dose gets thinner and thinner because the fatal dose never changes even though your tolerance goes up. Unlike opiate tolerance that goes up with the fatal dose (meaning a person with a tolerance can take a dose that would kill an opiate naive person), barbiturate fatal doses never change. With that one bottle of 30 Seconals I almost killed myself 3 or 4 times. They are extremely addictive and dangerous.

I would say stick with the benzos because even if you happen to come across barbs, the connection won't last long until you have to go back on benzos. I hate that your tolerance to benzos is so high.

Hang in there...and please keep us posted on the quality of the phenobarbital from TTMO. I have yet to see a real batch come from them.
    Helpful qjumpa, RedBaron, djrick Rated helpful
    I am the key to the lock in your house that keeps your toys in the basement...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast