NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 376 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Watson 10/325 Hydrocodone are no longer YELLOW!!!

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Default Watson 10/325 Hydrocodone are no longer YELLOW!!!

Watson 10/325 Hydrocodone are no longer YELLOW they are WHITE!!
    Same Shape Same Size but white! Very Strange....Oh and they did come from the Pharmacy.
    I think Activis bought out Watson or something like that in January maybe that is the reason for the color change. Or maybe they ran out of Yellow Dye?
    Last edited by Stevo1; 06-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

nolachick has a spectacular aura aboutnolachick has a spectacular aura aboutnolachick has a spectacular aura aboutnolachick has a spectacular aura aboutnolachick has a spectacular aura about

Do you find they are the same though? I don't know if the color change is throwing me or not but they seemed weaker.
    Like Stevo1 liked this post
    Loose lips sink ships!

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by nolachick View Post
    Do you find they are the same though? I don't know if the color change is throwing me or not but they seemed weaker.
    I'm thinking they are the same quality.
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

Baines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura aboutBaines has a spectacular aura about

It seems to me they're a little smaller,too.(but I could be wrong-I didn't have many of the yellow ones)
    The potency seems the same,the color change thing is odd-maybe they too closely resembled something else,and folks were mixing the 2 up?
    Last edited by Baines; 06-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.

5. I've always gotten Lortab 10/325 from Watson and they always were and continue to be white.

6. I think maybe I'm wrong but that it's because people were allergic to the yellow dye. I had a girlfriend before who was allergic to yellow dye. Weird but maybe that's why. I have nothing to say whether that is or isn't the actual reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MuSHMuSHTRiP View Post
    I think maybe I'm wrong but that it's because people were allergic to the yellow dye. I had a girlfriend before who was allergic to yellow dye. Weird but maybe that's why. I have nothing to say whether that is or isn't the actual reason.
    it would make sense to me. many people are highly sensitive or allergic to dyes, whether they realize it or not. food dyes can cause hyperactivity and ADHD symptoms, especially in children, among many other side effects. sometimes a "sugar rush" is actually a reaction to the dyes in candy and other snacks. i'd assume the same kind of artificial dyes are used in pills.
    Like Binky liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by loonatik View Post
    I've always gotten Lortab 10/325 from Watson and they always were and continue to be white.
    FYI, Lortab 10 tablets are 10 MG hydrocodone and 500 MG APAP not 325 MG.
    Also, I believe these are manufactured by UCB Pharma not Watson Pharmaceuticals.
    And the tablets are pink not white.
    Last edited by alumni; 06-07-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Like Stevo1 liked this post

zippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the rough

Small box only for reply. PR tech support issue again. Lst month my Watson 10/500's went from Blue to White. So color changes are not uncommon.

I don't know what this post will look like since I'm typing in this small box. I quess we'll see.

Best To All

blowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo1 View Post
    Same Shape Same Size but white! Very Strange....Oh and they did come from the Pharmacy.
    I think Activis bought out Watson or something like that in January maybe that is the reason for the color change. Or maybe they ran out of Yellow Dye?
    read this over somewhere;
    Snip......The formula hasn't changed at all. Had several friends freakin out about the same thing. Called 4 different pharmacies and all said the same thing. Watson, UCB, & all hydrocodone manufacturers took the dye out of the pills because people were having allergic reactions to it. ...end snip
    Helpful Stevo1 Rated helpful
    THE TONGUE WEIGHS VERY LITTLE, BUT FEW CAN HOLD IT.

blowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to allblowingrock is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo1 View Post
    I have seen more on this subject ....seems like it is REAL controversial;
    ..snip....I have been taking the yellow Watson 853 (10/325 mg) for several years for my severe chronic back problems. With my last refill a week ago, I received the white pills and was assured they were the same except for the yellow dye being removed. I can state categorically that they are not the same and that the white pills are at least 50% weaker than the yellow ones. I have complained to the manufacturer with no positive results although I did get the customer service rep to admit that Actavis has different componet suppliers than Watson (as in cheaper, less reliable). Watson has been the leading supplier of meds for chronic pain and unless everyone who takes the new "substandard" pills, Actavis will not restore the quality. They are concerned only with cutting costs and improving profits. Each of us needs to demand better quality and spread the word.....end snip
    Link here; Watson 853 White Or Yellow Pill (Newest posts first) - MedsChat - The People's Medicine Community

There may be more to it than just the yellow dye.....as in the new company that owns Watson or whichever way who owns it, is making them with cheaper components from different suppliers, huh.
    Last edited by blowingrock; 06-09-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Like Binky, loonatik liked this post
    THE TONGUE WEIGHS VERY LITTLE, BUT FEW CAN HOLD IT.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy2323 View Post
    Small box only for reply. PR tech support issue again. Lst month my Watson 10/500's went from Blue to White. So color changes are not uncommon.

I don't know what this post will look like since I'm typing in this small box. I quess we'll see.

Best To All
    wow! those blue watsons were always my favorite! do you notice any difference in quality as @blowingrock stated about the norcos?

zippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the rough

@cherryk...No I didn't really notice any difference in quality or strength. However, since I take multiple medications (a lot), some of which are the same shape and size, I have to look closely to make sure I'm taking the right med at the right time. I prefer color coding. Next time I have them filled I am going to ask my pharmcist what the deal is. I didn't notice till I got home and went through all of them. At first I thought it was a mistake and I got the wrong med. But nope. They were real Watson.

14. Interesting. I've only had the white pills from Watson. I've seen the blue ones, but hadn't seen any of the yellow ones. What you're saying about the dye DOES make sense, but it's interesting nonetheless. Good to know, too, since I may have wondered about it had I suddenly received a random color.

15. Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    FYI, Lortab 10 tablets are 10 MG hydrocodone and 500 MG APAP not 325 MG.
    Also, I believe these are manufactured by UCB Pharma not Watson Pharmaceuticals.
    And the tablets are pink not white.
    Maybe yours were mate but mine were 325apap and white with a few blue specks throughout. As for who makes them presently I do not know,but when I was using them they were manufactured by Watson...I use to joke that my happy pills had my name all over them literally..It's my,surname and I am very sure of the dosage and color...my gp wouldn't prescribe 500apap due to increased risk of liver,toxicity and I usually heard him say this is x amount of grams of apap ur liver is having to deal with...10/325 and I'd get 240 per month. Took these from 90-2000. I then went to england and hydro not available so was placed on dhc60mg x8 prn daily..I have been back here and given hydro as no dhc here and indeed the tabs were yellow, but they were Norco 10/500 possibly 325 I'm not sure as I take oramorph now prn if my tummy can tolerate it..
    Chemist did give me some all blue Watson brand and said the only difference was the fillers and binders in them,but this was a once off and I wasn't charged for them..
    Last edited by loonatik; 06-19-2013 at 05:42 AM.

16. Actavis Specialty Pharmaceuticals Co., formerly Watson Pharma Company, is the Canadian subsidiary of Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT). We are engaged in the marketing, sale and distribution of branded pharmaceutical products within the Canadian market.

As a subsidiary of Actavis, formerly Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., we leverage sophisticated global R&D and manufacturing capabilities, one of the industry's leading global supply hains, significant product marketing resources and advanced technologies.
    24 January 2013 Watson Pharmaceutical Inc Is now Actavis Inc.

I understand all of that but you were originally discussing "Lortab 10" tablets. Lortab 10 tablets are 10/500 not 10/325 and they are manufactured by UCB Pharmaceuticals not Actavis/Watson. And I'm fairly sure they are pink.
    I'm guessing you may be confused about the difference between the Lortab 10 brand tablet and a generic hydrocodone formulation that has only 325 mg of APAP.
    If you google Lortab 10 I believe you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I realize that some of this feedback appears to be picky at times but if people are going to attempt to be knowledgeable about these prescription medications (and in many cases self-medicate with them) then it would probably be helpful if they were aware of the facts surrounding them. Hopefully anyway.

18. Regardless of what anyone else has to say, the White Watson 10/325 Hydrocodone pills are very different than the yellow pill to my body.

I may not know all the proper words and such to describe the difference. But my reaction to the medicine is different and I think these white pills SUCK!

Not here to argue or cause trouble. Just stating that these pills react differently in my body than the previous yellow 10/325 and the reaction delta is negative.

JMHO

~ Swizzle
    Like MayreeAngel2 liked this post

VinnnVega is offline Banned Reason: User was banned before for breaking forum rules constantly. Shill for SY vendors as well
    VinnnVega will become famous soon enoughVinnnVega will become famous soon enough

The White ones are Generic correct? There are so many brands/flavors of Hydro 10-325 APAP it would make your head spin.
    IMHO the real true yellow "NORCO" are the brand I think are the absolute best hands down.
    Like MayreeAngel2 liked this post