Thread: Customs retention reason: other

1. Default Customs retention reason: other

7/6/2011 8:48:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
    7/6/2011 10:21:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Insert item into bag (Otb)
    7/9/2011 1:42:00 AM UNITED STATES ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS) Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
    7/9/2011 1:43:00 AM UNITED STATES ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS) Record item customs information (Inb)
    Retention reason : Other

I need some help with this.

It is now the 13th. I was just wondering how long it takes to clear customs and what does retention reason: other mean? I hate paying extra for fast shipping and the product still not here when it shipped on 7-4-2011. Is it seized?

amp12815 will become famous soon enoughamp12815 will become famous soon enoughamp12815 will become famous soon enoughamp12815 will become famous soon enough

I have never had an item siezed by customs, but from what I understand they will mail you a letter stating why they denied your package.. I don't think they really ever go beyond that, unless it was like a crazy amount of meds...

3. Well, should I just reorder today and tell the company the meds were retained?

zippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the rough

Possibly seized. You won't know until the official LL comes in the mail. Without the LL the provider will probably not reship. It does seem like the borders have tightened up a bit. Miami POE has always been tough. Butr now some of the other ones have seemed to step up. I wonder if we have hired a lot of new agents latley or if there is just some kind of "operation" going on. With talk of all the budgect cuts usually comes increased production. Customs works like any other private business. "Until morale and production inproves the layoffs will continue".
    Helpful jezza Rated helpful
    Like Lynx4 liked this post

5. Man there goes the hard earned cash. I guess I will try and see if they will resend to me.

zippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the roughzippy2323 is a jewel in the rough

Depending where you live, and if they still generate those LL on the day of seizure, you probably would be getting it in the mail fairly soon. Or ...they may not give you one at all. I try and stay clear of ordering from "hot sppts" around the world. I don't have the nerves for it. Plus I see so many people get seizure letters or fake meds from these places. But then again, I can't seem to get a lousy package out of a UK vendor....so my theory is not airtight.

May with a LL they will reship to you for free but I might reccomend just regular shipping. Speedpost does attract attention. Regular mail does get mixed in with , well, regular mail which could be a couple boxcars full at any one point.

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Without the LL the provider will probably not reship
    Usually but in this case there appears to be a tracking #
    Therefore sender will know if buyer didn't receive.
    Yes EMS has often been a red flag to customs
    and India doen't help either.
    I'd stick with EU or UK and use reg mail not fast shipping.
    GL!

8. How would I know who ships from UK or EU? I have never had problems with India before.

9. im in the same boat as you right now im just hoping its stuck or something and its not seized. i hate thoser LL. is there anyway we can call to see whats going on at customs?

10. The package got here today... I thought customs seized it but it was not even opened...
    Like nola liked this post

11. thats good that ur package made it okay im still waiting on mine

12. Here is what mine looks like, exactly the same and still no LL...

Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
    16/06/2011 03:01:00 p.m. PERU LIMA EMS Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
    16/06/2011 09:29:00 p.m. PERU LIMA EMS Insert item into bag (Otb)
    20/06/2011 08:56:00 a.m. UNITED STATES ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
    20/06/2011 08:57:00 a.m. UNITED STATES ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) Record item customs information (Inb)
    Retention reason : Other

2006 © Postal Technology Centre
    Postal Technology Centre, PTC, Universal Postal Union, UPU

Go figure, never had one like this, and has been over a month now...

Blockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond reputeBlockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Blockhead has a reputation beyond repute
    Customs retention reason: other Check this out unless you already have.

happyjack is offline Banned Reason: Shill for Buybulkmeds same user as kobby tried to sell through forum

thats been seized.

15. Quote Originally Posted by amp12815 View Post
    I have never had an item siezed by customs, but from what I understand they will mail you a letter stating why they denied your package.. I don't think they really ever go beyond that, unless it was like a crazy amount of meds...
    when you say a crazy amount is that an order of over 1000 tabs? im new and just trying to figure things out.

is a normal 3 month supply of a desired med less likely to be siezed when compared to a shippment of say a year supply? thanks guys

16. This would have been less than a months worth of meds. Literally like 10 doses of meds in the package and again, still no LL either.

17. oh damn that's no bueno... i was thinking that it was much more... i'm still not too familar with all the abbreviations so excuse me for my ignorance, what does "LL" stand for again?

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    LL stands for love letter or legal letter. It's what one receives from customs when one's package is seized for containing illegal contents (i.e., meds w/out a script, or a DEA import license).

The letter states what the med is, why it was seized, and how if you do have a DEA import license, you can claim your package by doing x, y, z. Most people throw them away. It's a warning really not to do it again; however, some folks have rec'd several or even numerous letters over the years and continue to order. Not that I am recommending that, of course.
    “We are what we imagine ourselves to be. ” ― Kurt Vonnegut

19. Im still waiting for my meds from india. They are at the TO Airport. Retention Reason. I hope I get them I spent alot of money.

mmm1234 is offline Banned Reason: Same user as MIKESMITH who was banned for shill reviews back in Nov. 2011
    mmm1234 will become famous soon enoughmmm1234 will become famous soon enough

A first last night with the "ole tracker" it only showed like 4 scans from start to finish. thats using iship, avery, etc..it made me uncomfortable, but all was well. anyone else notice anything different with there scans.. I have to admit I love to monitor my shipment. I hope this is a single incident and not a new trend they start