NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 839 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Package Stalled In Jamaica, NY!

Gladheart is offline Distinguished Member
    Gladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to behold

Default Package Stalled In Jamaica, NY!

My package passed through the USPS Sort Facility on 11/29/11 in Jamaica, NY. It has not moved in three days. The last two packages I ordered flew through a USPS Sort Facility in NJ and hit my door the next day. I was checking with some of the Forum vets to see if I should be worried? I was also wondering if passed through means the package has cleared customs?
    Last edited by Gladheart; 12-01-2011 at 06:41 PM.

domino is offline Senior Member
    domino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Gladheart View Post
    My package passed through the USPS Sort Facility on 11/29/11 in Jamaica, NY. It has not moved in three days. The last two packages I ordered flew through a USPS Sort Facility in NJ and hit my door the next day. I was checking with some of the Forum vets to see if I should be worried? I was also wondering if passed through means the package has cleared customs?
    Usually when your letter updates to "processed through" it means it has made it through customs and is inbound to your town. Mail is moving slow right now, at least in my neck of the woods.
    Helpful Gladheart, Roz Rated helpful

mikep938 is offline Senior Member
    mikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enough

@Gladheart

I have a package there as well! Got scanned twice...

Processed through USPS Sort Facility November 30, 2011, 9:00 am JAMAICA, NY 11430
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility November 29, 2011, 8:36 am JAMAICA, NY 11430

After I saw the first one I expected it to be much closer to me by the next day if not delivered and then woke up to see it was still there. Nothing since.

Makes me a little bit less nervous about it since I'm not alone at least. Hopefully everything is just backed up from Thanksgiving still.
    Last edited by mikep938; 12-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Helpful Gladheart Rated helpful

Roz
    Roz is online now Renowned Member
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    No problem.
    USPS is now scanning in and on departure
    from same facility is my guess.
    @Gladheart UR fine..
    Once sorted thru could be 5 days.
    Remember it's Xmas season.
    My local post person is 3 hrs late now every day.
    I also have an item that was shipped 2 days ago
    and Airsure has no record of it.
    I'm not worried yet but by Monday
    I may contact the vendor for a
    follow up.
    Helpful Gladheart, basehead Rated helpful

dayton is offline Honorable Member
    dayton has a spectacular aura aboutdayton has a spectacular aura aboutdayton has a spectacular aura aboutdayton has a spectacular aura aboutdayton has a spectacular aura aboutdayton has a spectacular aura about

It might take a little while, so give it another couple days. I live about 4 hours away from Jamaica NY, and international packages (like RM Airsure) usually take about 3 days to get to my local post office from there. If it were domestic First Class mail, it would be no more than 1-2 days. I don't know why since USPS considers it "First Class International", and I always thought they treated it the same as regular FC once it's in the US...you'd think it would be much faster.

Kittsoan1989 is offline Eminent Member
    Kittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud of

Ahh Yes... God 'ol Jamaica NY - I've had packages sit there for upwards of 10 days before being delivered - so just be patient - Good things come to those who wait.

mikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enough

Mine just got updated tracking an hour or 2 ago. 4-5 days to go from NY elsewhere (that's usually a day) is just pitiful.

@Gladheart Have you gotten this package yet? If so, how did the tracking end up looking? Similar to mine at all?
    I just ask because I am getting rather paranoid about my own.
    Sat in NY Nov 29th-Dec 3rd and made it to the next sort facility and from Dec 4th to the 10th it just sat there. Now Dec 11th it is in my local post office.

renwick is offline Senior Member
    renwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the rough

@mikep938 Things seem to be moving a bit slow. I recently had something take over 2 weeks and it never showed it leaving Jamaica NY (if I remember correctly). In other words, tracking may still show it there while it's moving towards you.

Rather than being a customs issue, I would guess that USPS is overwhelmed and just throws it into a bin that is lower priority for a few days knowing that they have 2 weeks or so to get across-the-pond first class mail delivered.

On multiple things that I've received (not medicine of course), things just seem to be taking slightly over 2 weeks to get from across the pond to mid-US. Xmas is kicking in, and your package is probably sitting in a huge pile until its priority gets bumped up.

Yours sounds particularly bad, but my deliveries seem slow right now.

@renwick
    If that is all it was (a general delay) I would be happy. I'm just worried (per my other thread) they were biding time to get warrants or something similar.
    The tracking did update on mine though. Scanned 2x in Jamaica, 3x in FL, before reaching my local post office for a 6th scan.

Also, it isn't just general international mail, it was sent express international so it should've been the same priority as general express mail.

renwick is offline Senior Member
    renwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the rough

@mikep938
    Sorry, must be info I didn't see in the other posts. For the delays I've seen, it's been sent from the UK and then is first-class mail in USPS. If express international, I'm not sure. But if it first reached NY on 11/29, that's almost 2 weeks here. I would think that most delays are just "prioritizing" by USPS. Tis the season.

Good luck
    Like riverstyx liked this post

Gladheart is offline Distinguished Member
    Gladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to behold

@mikep938
    My package finally did arrive at my home on Thursday 12/8. Once it was released out of the Jamaica USPS sort facility on 12/6 I had it in two days. It did not sit at my local post office for more than a day. This was the longest delivery period I have had to wait for a package from Europe. I think with the holidays everything is super slow! You should have your package today or tomorrow. Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Gladheart; 12-12-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Helpful Dr Never, Keith K Stone Rated helpful
    Like Roz, riverstyx liked this post

Dr Never is offline Member
    Dr Never will become famous soon enough

@Gladheart

Glad you got your package finally!

I have a package that shipped on 12/2 and took a week to just show up on tracking at all. Supposedly it's now on it's way to the US, since I get the super-informative "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" status now on USPS.com.

If it gets here under 2 weeks I'll be ecstatic.

draw is online now Honorable Member
    draw has a spectacular aura aboutdraw has a spectacular aura aboutdraw has a spectacular aura aboutdraw has a spectacular aura aboutdraw has a spectacular aura about

i havent even got to jamaica yet! i made an order that shipped eight days ago and still nothing from usps but parcelforce says its headed my way =/ really hope it gets here by xmas

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Never View Post
    @Gladheart

Glad you got your package finally!

I have a package that shipped on 12/2 and took a week to just show up on tracking at all. Supposedly it's now on it's way to the US, since I get the super-informative "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" status now on USPS.com.

If it gets here under 2 weeks I'll be ecstatic.
    did you get your package?
    Last edited by draw; 12-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Kelly15120 is offline Honorable Member
    Kelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to all

Things are super slow this week and last...usually 2X as long. Volume of mail for christmas boggs down the system.

nincompoop is offline Senior Member
    nincompoop will become famous soon enoughnincompoop will become famous soon enoughnincompoop will become famous soon enough

Just so everyone knows Jamaica NY is a normal place for a lot of incoming international mail to get sorted.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful

Kelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to allKelly15120 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by nincompoop View Post
    Just so everyone knows Jamaica NY is a normal place for a lot of incoming international mail to get sorted.
    Yes and if there is a huge volume or some sort of problem in Jamaica queens they sort in Bethpage on long island.

crucibelle is offline Exalted Member
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    Just to add some perspective on how slow the mail is going at this time, I recently had to wait 23 days on a package that would normally arrive between 10-14 days.
    True friends stab you in the front. -- Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by crucibelle View Post
    Just to add some perspective on how slow the mail is going at this time, I recently had to wait 23 days on a package that would normally arrive between 10-14 days.
    yes i sent a pack from DC to LA...promised one week delivery....two weeks???? WTF! Chritsmas gift to boot.
    Like crucibelle, riverstyx liked this post

Roz
    Roz is online now Renowned Member
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Jamaica queens they sort in Bethpage on long island.
    Yes & 2 other places. I won't say exactly but one is near Penn station NYC
    and the other in NJ.
    Helpful riverstyx, makaibud Rated helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast