Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3632

Thread: NY Sort Facility

Cinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by somauser View Post
    Was it a regular LL? Did you just ignore it? How long did it take to get to you?
    It was similar to what the regular LLs say now, that it is dangerous to purchase from foreign countries. Yes, I just ignored it, and, I don't exactly remember how long it had been since it happend 10 years ago, but I'm guessing it was between 2 to 3 weeks.

2. I have one that says "Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) "

Never had one go through this port before. I'm assuming this is customs, its been in there 4 days now with no movement so I am assuming this is a bad sign?

mountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the rough

That,s about normal .Depending on what country you ordered from .it may not stay there long .From some countries it may stay there 2 to 3 weeks .All packages have been coming to ISC NY for quite long time now .That is if you ordered from Europe.India or Pakistan .

domino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura aboutdomino has a spectacular aura about

So where do they go when they say processed through eyecss

chuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of lightchuckv64 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHill View Post
    I have one that says "Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) "

Never had one go through this port before. I'm assuming this is customs, its been in there 4 days now with no movement so I am assuming this is a bad sign?
    Not at all. I have had letters sit there for 7 or 8 days many times before showing movement again. It really depends how backed up they are at JFK(which is where ISC is located). The last time I ordered it only stayed in there for 18 hours before moving which is the one & only time it took less than 1 day to clear.
    Helpful HenryHill Rated helpful

rustyRORER714 will become famous soon enoughrustyRORER714 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHill View Post

@HenryHill i had a package hit ISC 5-3-12 then went to new jersey arrived New Orleans 5-6-12

7. Quote Originally Posted by HenryHill View Post

If it reaches the ISC NEW YORK USPS Sort Facility it has already passed customs.

The sort facility receives HUGE amounts of mail which is why is why a package can get hung up there for up for long periods of time.

I do not believe that the USPS Tracking System shows when a package is in customs.

I have had packages sit for 30 days at NYC and then out of nowhere it is delivered to my house with no problems, on the same hand I've had packages go through within the 1-2 day others have talked about?
    Helpful Roz Rated helpful

9. This is a great topic. On some other forums people act like you're crazy if u obsess over a delivery delay. But I'm like many of the people who have posted here, my life goes on hold until the delivery is made. I'm currently waiting on 2 ems packages from Pakistan that have been inbound into customs for a week. One of the packages is a reship for the other. The original was supposed to be sent out of Karachi, vendor thought it was seized. Next thing I know it's entering ISC New York one minute after the other with a different city of departure. In spite of the encouragement offered here, I'll be shocked to receive either. EMS seems to be really bad news at the moment.
    Like Owlie liked this post

TexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really niceTexasStar is just really nice

I have had a package being processed by customs for 18 days now, but who's counting??
    I've never had it take this long. Customer service is reshipping. No idea how this is going to turn out!

11. Hi everyone,

I found this thread while searching the Internet for any information about my package's status. It's been at the sort facility since May 11, so not terribly long in the grand scheme of things, but waiting is so hard to do! I read the entire thread last night and can't get over how unpredictable this process can be. I do hope I am one of the "lucky" ones and that my letter comes today, but I'm pretty doubtful. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all!

Good luck to everyone waiting, myself included.
    Like Owlie liked this post

Cinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant futureCinderella1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by canned pony View Post
    Hi everyone,

I found this thread while searching the Internet for any information about my package's status. It's been at the sort facility since May 11, so not terribly long in the grand scheme of things, but waiting is so hard to do! I read the entire thread last night and can't get over how unpredictable this process can be. I do hope I am one of the "lucky" ones and that my letter comes today, but I'm pretty doubtful. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all!

Good luck to everyone waiting, myself included.
    Considering that May 11 was Friday, there was a weekend involved, and today is May 14, that is not a long time at all.
    Like Turttle, curly liked this post

13. I think everyone kind of holds their breath until their package clears customs
    Like curly liked this post

Turttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the rough

Here is what a recent order looks like. I think its moving pretty well?

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    May 14, 2012
    BETHPAGE, NY 11714
    International Letter

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    May 13, 2012, 4:06 pm
    BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed Through Sort Facility
    May 11, 2012, 3:41 pm
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

@tadpol Best advice I ever got was not to check tracking.... just order, wait about 2 weeks. If you don't have it by then, maybe look, but nine times out of ten you will receive w/in a 2 to 3 week time frame. All the rest is just added anxiety for something you have no control over.

It was processed thru NY Sort Facility, means it's moving on, and you will receive, probably tomorrow.
    Last edited by curly; 05-14-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Like brienzi, Quaalude liked this post

tadpol, btw, If for some reason you are worried about a possible controlled delivery (first of all, I believe they are reserved for large/frequent orders) In any event, if you are still concerned because you don't have the tracking info and miss a signature required delivery, the notice will say it will be available the next day… but just go to the post office with your slip the day you get it, about an hour before closing… the mail person will have returned and slotted the envelope by then, and pick it up. A controlled pick up/delivery takes time & coordination, going before it is marked available for pick up, well, it minimizes the possibility. I do it all the time.
    Helpful Turttle, Cinderella1 Rated helpful

17. Hello. I had a delivery arrive within about 10 days a couple of months ago and I was able track the package throughout the process. I ordered about 2 weeks ago and the USPS tracking is saying that I cannot track through their website and I can get a return receipt from my local post office. Has this happened to anyone else? Do u know what it means?

Turttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the roughTurttle is a jewel in the rough

@curly- thx for the info- although I don't believe it applies. Good to know tho! I'm not worried. Hell I think it's flying through. I thought for sure it would be weeks and really it's been days. It was a very small test order. So even if (god forbid) I never got it I wouldn't be out much. Would be nice if it got here by Wed. though. LOL I physically exerted myself today beyond any conceivable ability and KNOW i will be paying for it soon. Very soon. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl76 View Post
    Hello. I had a delivery arrive within about 10 days a couple of months ago and I was able track the package throughout the process. I ordered about 2 weeks ago and the USPS tracking is saying that I cannot track through their website and I can get a return receipt from my local post office. Has this happened to anyone else? Do u know what it means?
    That is the message that has been showing up on the USPS website before tracking information is actually available. Just give it a couple of days.

20. Quote Originally Posted by tadpol View Post
    Here is what a recent order looks like. I think its moving pretty well?

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    May 14, 2012
    BETHPAGE, NY 11714
    International Letter

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    May 13, 2012, 4:06 pm
    BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed Through Sort Facility
    May 11, 2012, 3:41 pm
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Bah! Mine "processed through the sort facility" on May 11 as well, but I have no additional updates.

Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast