NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 884 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Priority package NOT delivered by USPS

Crazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the rough

Default Priority package NOT delivered by USPS

Well heres what happened today Had a Priority package scheduled for shipment TODAY, its been 3 days, my regular mail came but not the package which was COD, anyways I called USPS ( 1-800 # ) & they said it was OUT for delivery,,few hours later my regular came & began to panic so called them back & said what I just said & that no notice was left, I stated it was ( shouldnt of said this but I did ) mail order medication, the lady said it can take 3- 5 days for it to be delivered, The updates are in my area & scanned for delivery, it even says this now, anyway she gave me the # for my local station, some mean guy said that the package WAS NOT THERE and asked for my address, he said no COD was signed for & its NOT there, he said monday it will be

Has anyone encountered this? What can I do to make sure I get this on monday? USPS really is poor in customer service & delivery! Im at my wits end & need advice please!!
    Also I should add this was shipped from my state to me & never got it, you would think they would of shipped it sooner then 3 days since it was shipped in my state , It seems to be at my station, Just very disappointed & advice please Thank you!!!

@skarluk35 ~

You mean that you had a priority package scheduled for DELIVERY today, right?
    It already shipped several days ago?

My gut feeling is that it's at the station, missed getting put on the truck for the carrier's delivery.....and they gave you a bunch of excuses because it's the week-end and they didn't want to go out and make a special trip for one missed package. I cannot see HOW a package could have shown on a tracking page as having gotten to your local Post Office......because they have to scan them in and can't just input info willy-nilly by hand for the tracking pages. And that it said it was out for delivery because that had been their original intention but somehow it got missed getting put in with the carrier's mail being delivered today. I just have a strong feeling it's at your local post office and they just gave you a bunch of bogus excuses....because they made a mistake....and didn't want to have to fix it on a Saturday.

You know.....if someone wants to go home and is in a bad mood......a COD package involves a bunch of hassle for them. They have to log in the MO, get stuff signed....etc., etc. Even if you're not home....they have to fill in a card and leave it there and then go back to the post office and probably log it back in. It's not like they can just run it over and shove it in your mailbox. I'll bet it's sitting right there at your local post office and they mistakenly didn't get it on the carrier's vehicle.

It's nice that they deliver on Saturdays.....but if it had been a regular week-day, you would have had time to go there yourself when the carrier had already returned....and I'll bet they'd have found it for you.
    Last edited by dfitz; 05-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    Helpful Crazy Little One Rated helpful

randomname1 is offline Banned Reason: Breaking forum rules, being disruptive and consecutively writing sarcastic and offensive posts
    randomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura about

Well tomorrow's Sunday so it will probably show up on Monday and if it is COD then I believe that means that you haven't paid for it yet so why are you so worried? I don't think they update trackers on weekends.

Crazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the roughCrazy Little One is a jewel in the rough

@dfitz

Yes scheduled for today, never showed up

@the chodesman because the medication was needed today not Monday

Sorry just confused about this

randomname1 is offline Banned Reason: Breaking forum rules, being disruptive and consecutively writing sarcastic and offensive posts
    randomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura aboutrandomname1 has a spectacular aura about

I was just stating that since you haven't paid for your delivery that if it doesn't arrive it isn't as bad as it could be. I have items paid for in customs at the moment. It could be worse.

Oh this is a NROP from USA shipment @the chodesman I was told it can take up to 5 days NOT including sundays, so wednesday I can file a complaint

Just Blah

Expected Delivery By:
    May 19, 2012
    Collect on Delivery
    Signature Confirmation™
    Proof of Delivery
    Is what it says STILL

USPS has been the victim of lots of budget cuts and I feel like their service is suffering from it. I track my packages like a lunatic and the trackers are either always updated at every location or hardly at all. USPS needs to quit ****ing about.
    Like Crazy Little One liked this post

@skarluk ~

Rarely do you see a priority mail package take 5 days. They give themselves that cushion if something goes wrong and they need an excuse......but they almost always come in 2-3 days. Otherwise, why the heck even pay for it and just get it shipped first class mail? Especially since the NROP was shipping from the same state you live in. There's just no good excuse for this.....it's not even a holiday or close to a holiday.
    Heck, you could have driven over and gotten it yourself WAY faster than they're getting it to you. I could see if it was coming from the west coast....but the same state?

My NROP order shipped Tuesday and delivered Thursday. You can't always count on it being 2 days, esp. if it's near a holiday......but I've never had it be longer than 3 days....knock on wood.

I would think that the usps would be making an effort to improve their courier-type services....like express and priority mail. Most of the business they're losing is due to the internet....which is eliminating the need for regular mail. People do their banking online, etc.
    But they could still have a great future for special delivery mail (priority, express, etc.). Their competition would be primarily fedex and then UPS......and DHL which I've heard is very unreliable (and doesn't seem to be making much headway as a company).
    But the future for the usps....as far as regular (first-class) daily mail with mail carriers with specific routes is looking bleak....mainly due to the internet.
    It would seem to be a good move...at least to me....to turn to their special delivery services and try to maximize and improve those so they can have a future doing that. I'm sure they make lots more $ on special delivery than they do on first class mail....esp. with these new stamps that they can't raise the price of....those "forever" stamps. I thought that was a bad business decision from the get-go. Looked like they were trying to make some quick $ but would lose $ in the long-run.
    But maybe they saw that their future was not in regular mail so stamps would not be a big money-maker down the road. But that's even more reason why they should try to make their special delivery services top-notch and reliable. If they were good enough, they might even top fedex (who seems to be cornering the courier market). At least with usps, they don't pick up a package relatively close to you....then fly it half-way across the country to some major sorting hub and then turn around and send it all the way back to where it came from.....with all the risks of mis-sorting, plane problems, weather problems, etc....coming into play unnecessarily. The usps seems logical.....they send their stuff to you in a linear fashion.....and not hours and hours out of the way.
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful
    Like randomname1, Crazy Little One liked this post

Should I file a complaint? how would I do that?

I think this has something to do with it #1 a Saturday #2 its a COD & #3 my zip code & sucky service, I dont know how to do this, & its really stupid on their behalf what they did, no wonder they are having budget cuts

Any info about a complaint or anything would be very helpful Thank you!!

I wouldn't file a complaint unless the items in your package are scheduled/controlled or not. If you got some tramadol or something that's one thing but if it's illegal substances and you proceed to claim ownership of the parcel I hear they do controlled deliveries whereas after you sign/take your package the sheriff's office swarms in on you, etc. If it hasn't been pre-paid and it contains bad things and doesn't arrive in a few days write it off, if it's legit then yes you can proceed to complain but nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by the chodesman View Post
    I wouldn't file a complaint unless the items in your package are scheduled/controlled or not. If you got some tramadol or something that's one thing but if it's illegal substances and you proceed to claim ownership of the parcel I hear they do controlled deliveries whereas after you sign/take your package the sheriff's office swarms in on you, etc. If it hasn't been pre-paid and it contains bad things and doesn't arrive in a few days write it off, if it's legit then yes you can proceed to complain but nothing will happen.
    Oh it was only fioricet which is a class & not scheduled medication & oops I just sent the complaint ... but I live in a state that allows Fioricet by most NROPs places, Im not worried, but dumd founded by this, its just crazy

But thank you for that info

Gabezino will become famous soon enoughGabezino will become famous soon enoughGabezino will become famous soon enough

Default Monday you will get it!

My sister ordered Friday priority mail from rx so she would receive it on Saturday. It showed up on Monday. Recently I had a similar situation and it arrived a day later.

Thanks , ordered from Totaltrustmeds, 1st order & shipped from my state, ordered wednesday so Its way behind

Starscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura about

Oh, god. I remember you telling me of this.

One time, I had a package that was shipped USPS and it was COD. I was following it via the tracking page, and it popped up as saying "attempted delivery". Of course, they hadn't.

I was PISSED. I called my hub office and had a kitten over it, and virtually forced a driver to come out to bring it back, since they had attempted delivery all right...to the wrong address.

I didn't get my package until 7pm that night but I got it...

Now I worry for my own because I know the USPS is a steaming pile of poo.

15. Do you get a tracking number? I have had that experience countless times, what I do is get the tracking number and call the post office in the morning and have them hold my mail and I pick it up at my convience instead of going back and forth with the post office.

16. skarluk35

Don't freak out it helps nothing. It's the USPS. They are being shunned by their gov't somewhat. Morale isn't too high with them. Much better to use the other approach. Kindness. Forget what 'Priority' used to be. Now, it means it's their Priority when they wanna bring it.
    The package will get to you because it's addressed to you, right?
    It's not like dealing with private shippers here. Quit bugging them because if you ever need 'em next time..they might be worse.

** Update & nervous, here the update

Stop Updated
    The tracking data on this shipment is no longer updated by US Postal Service. Please contact US Postal Service for more information

What does that mean?
    should I be worried??
    & Ugh

Question Please help

Can anyone help me with my previous question, the confusion has now set into panic

Just want to know what the status means,

Thank you for ANY help!

Starscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura aboutStarscream_ has a spectacular aura about

1-800-222-1811.

That's the number for their CS department for tracking.

I searched the USPS site for the keyword "stop update" and could not find a definition. Though thinking about it I say that it probably means that since it's at its destination they aren't updating anymore? Or they effed up.

I am morally certain that you will receive your package tomorrow.
    Like Crazy Little One liked this post

Thank you! I found a few more meanings to what that means & Delivery status not updated or its at the wrong post office, my zip code can be 2 different places, its strange yes I know but I hope this gets here & straigtned out tomorrow, Thank you @starscream

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast