NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 603 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

1. Default Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Im tracking my order and it says Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. It's been saying that since Friday night.Whats does it mean.Does it mean still stuck in customs or waiting for usps to pick it up?

ishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of light

It means the originating postal system hasn't transferred it to the USPS yet. Edited to add: if it's heading for NY, that may be cause for delay.
    Helpful Harry Irene Rated helpful
    Like tram liked this post
    Still willin...

3. Ok Thank you.

4. I have the same deal since Oct. 25th on one shipment and 26th on another. Both typically go through NY. It will pop up, just got to be patient with all thats going on in NY. When I have mail go through MIA, I have that message for just 2-3 days.

5. I have had the same message since friday.I checked it again this morning said the same thing. How long does it typically take international air mail to get here?Another ? is Origin Post is Preparing Shipment message means it already passed customs?
    Last edited by tram; 11-06-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: to add something

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Hurricane Sandy might delay things.
    OPPS means it's sitting there or could be on the way.
    There are many posters who have said they received
    while it still said OPPS. Registered mail especially.
    Helpful poesque Rated helpful

7. Thank you for the information.
    Like Roz liked this post

8. It's still stuck in orgin preparing for shipment. It's been 7 business days and still no shipment or updates on usps.

9. OPPS since Oct. 27 from Central EU
    OPPS since Nov. 1 from S. Pacific

Located EC.

Still hanging in there for shipment!

Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    Paichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond reputePaichka has a reputation beyond repute
    I had a letter from GB sent on Oct 25. Tracking via USPS had it in the origin preparing status until Monday - Nov 5. At that point, tracking said it was processed through NY on Sat Nov 3, yet that info was not entered until Monday. The next update had it taking a detour through Ohio. It arrived yesterday. Point of this story is that USPS tracking doesn't tell the whole story and is updated sporadically. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tram View Post
    It's still stuck in orgin preparing for shipment. It's been 7 business days and still no shipment or updates on usps.

11. Just called the post office to check on my shipment apparently it has been in customs since nov. 2. Is this a bad sign since customs has had it for 6 days and had not released it? she said it could take 30-45 days. When I was told 7-14 business days by the vendor.

SedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really niceSedateMe is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tram View Post
    Just called the post office to check on my shipment apparently it has been in customs since nov. 2. Is this a bad sign since customs has had it for 6 days and had not released it? she said it could take 30-45 days. When I was told 7-14 business days by the vendor.
    7-14 would probably the "normal" or ideal shipping time. I had customs hold a pack for nearly 2 months. If your packs must travel through POE on the East coast, expect delays from Sandy and nor'easter as this is dampening efforts at getting power back in NY and NJ. I have packs that haven't even left the origin due to Sandy for over a week now, and now nor'easter will probably delay things further.

13. Thanks for the info.

14. still nothing and monday will be 10 business days. I will be out of state thanksgiving week .I hope it comes some time next week. I know no mail delivery on monday. Im beginning to think I have been scammed or seized.

@tram: have you tried tracking the package on packagetrackr.com (yes, it is spelled without the final 'e')? That site can usually show you exactly when the country you are ordering from passed the package to the US postal service. It's quite normal, once the package is given to the US, for it to sit at "origin post" for a week or two.

May I add a tiny piece of advice, since you are new to the site? You do a great job of thanking folks who respond to your posts, and this is very thoughtful and polite of you. My advice is: if you find these posts truly helpful, don't be afraid to hit the "rate helpful" button at the bottom of the person's post. That's the customary way of showing someone you appreciate a post here! It also helps the person to reach senior status (if they aren't there already).

Good luck, and please let us know when your package updates!
    Like Cash, tram liked this post

16. it means that it shipped out.
    Helpful 545113 Rated helpful

17. it was shipped on October 31 registered mail , and on November 2 it was outgoing international. Since Friday nov. 2nd on the website usps it has been showing orgin post is preparing for shipment.I was told by the vendor 7 to 14 business day.All I know is the week of Thanksgiving I will be out of state and if the package comes then I wont be here to receive it.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 3 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    @tram: have you tried tracking the package on packagetrackr.com (yes, it is spelled without the final 'e')? That site can usually show you exactly when the country you are ordering from passed the package to the US postal service. It's quite normal, once the package is given to the US, for it to sit at "origin post" for a week or two.

May I add a tiny piece of advice, since you are new to the site? You do a great job of thanking folks who respond to your posts, and this is very thoughtful and polite of you. My advice is: if you find these posts truly helpful, don't be afraid to hit the "rate helpful" button at the bottom of the person's post. That's the customary way of showing someone you appreciate a post here! It also helps the person to reach senior status (if they aren't there already).

Good luck, and please let us know when your package updates!
    Packagetrackr says this the tracking data on this shipment has not been updated in more than 10 business days by US Postal Service. Please contact US Postal Service for more information.
    Last edited by tram; 11-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Like Owlie liked this post

18. Was it shipped Express Mail or registered Mail. USPS tracking is much better with Express Mail.

19. Quote Originally Posted by tram View Post
    Packagetrackr says this the tracking data on this shipment has not been updated in more than 10 business days by US Postal Service. Please contact US Postal Service for more information.
    The data that is pulled by packagetrackr for the OPPS update on the tracking history is date stamped 12/31/69 04:00 pm, thus the 10 days old error message. The tracking at boxoh gives that date in the information.

20. I will let you know if and when I receive it. as of this morning still stating orgin post is preparing shipment been saying that since Nov. 2nd. If it is delivered next week I wont be here to receive it because I will be out of state. What happens if I am not here to receive it?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast