NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 341 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Usps problems

LoveMyPups is offline Distinguished Member
    LoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the rough

Default Usps problems

I had a package shipped priority from MD to IL on April 18. USPS stated it would take 2-3 days. Today is day 6 and still nothing. The last scan was on the 20th where it departed Georgia sort facility. Anyone else have this problem? I called the 800 number and the customer service rep was no help at all
    Like SamCro, Carter liked this post

SamCro is offline Banned Reason: Made too many enemies
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcoan View Post
    I had a package shipped priority from MD to IL on April 18. USPS stated it would take 2-3 days. Today is day 6 and still nothing. The last scan was on the 20th where it departed Georgia sort facility. Anyone else have this problem? I called the 800 number and the customer service rep was no help at all
    Actually YES I had one coming from Georgia Delayed by about 2 Days send Priority.. There was bad flooding in the us / parts there of and headed north the package prolly just got delayed..

Keep in mind usps does not GUARANTEE delivery of 2-3 days it is only an estimated time frame / expected... but NO WHERE GUARANTEED TO MAKE IT IN SUCH TIME!!!!!
    Helpful curly, Nalamom14 Rated helpful
    Like Carter liked this post

Cinderella1 is offline Exalted Member
    Cinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud of

I thought it was only me ---- We mailed to my husband's friend, a T-shirt last Thursday using one of the priority mail envelopes. Was supposed to be there on Monday. On Monday, the status said "on vehicle for delivery" Only problem is that he never got ANY mail Monday or Tuesday and the status shows as "delivery status not updated." It's ridiculous, have no idea what is going on. On Saturday, we got NO mail delivery either. I did email USPS with the tracking number and they were supposed to get back within 24 hours -- they didn't. I tried calling and only get a recording. How can something be on vehicle for delivery on Monday and on Wednesday still not be delivered --- did the deliver take a scenic route? Or has the sequestration affected them like the airlines. I know it's slightly off topic, but I'm so disgusted with the post office right now. This priority mailer was only going up the east coast, it's not like it was going across the country.
    Last edited by Cinderella1; 04-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Like LoveMyPups, curly, Nalamom14 liked this post

LoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the roughLoveMyPups is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella1 View Post
    I thought it was only me ---- We mailed to my husband's friend, a T-shirt last Thursday using one of the priority mail envelopes. Was supposed to be there on Monday. On Monday, the status said "on vehicle for delivery" Only problem is that he never got ANY mail Monday or Tuesday and the status shows as "delivery status not updated." It's ridiculous, have no idea what is going on. On Saturday, we got NO mail delivery either. I did email USPS with the tracking number and they were supposed to get back within 24 hours -- they didn't. I tried calling and only get a recording. How can something be on vehicle for delivery on Monday and on Wednesday still not be delivered --- did the deliver take a scenic route? Or has the sequestration affected them like the airlines. I know it's slightly off topic, but I'm so disgusted with the post office right now. This priority mailer was only going up the east coast, it's not like it was going across the country.
    I'm guess I'm just going to wait it out hopefully it shows up soon:-).
    If you call the 800 number and then select the track a shipment option enter your tracking number listen to the latest scan info the recording will then say to return to the main menu press 1 to hear again press 2 if you say customer service at this point it will give you a person. I hate recording.
    Helpful Carter Rated helpful

Sounds like the local delivery guy may have lost the package.. id give the reciver the tracking # and send them to their usual post office and see if the post master or someone lower on down the chain can find said missing item or speak to the driver of that route and find out wtf is going on.

Cinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud ofCinderella1 has much to be proud of

Already did it. What gets me is that this was his business address on a main avenue in a big city and to get no mail delivery for 2 days, is a little ridiculous.

Already did it. What gets me is that this was his business address on a main avenue in a big city and to get no mail delivery for 2 days, is a little ridiculous.
    Oh thats sheer incompetence

I just talked to a cs rep at USPS and he stated that USPS has a lot of delays now. He also told me the tracking system is not accurate at all and someone is fixing it. Lol really!
    Like Cinderella1, curly liked this post

I just talked to a cs rep at USPS and he stated that USPS has a lot of delays now. He also told me the tracking system is not accurate at all and someone is fixing it. Lol really!
    boy do we know it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PPPham View Post
    Oh thats sheer incompetence
    You can say that again. No reason for businesses not to get their mail. We had an occasion here, where they were training a guy just happened to see the mailman showing him how to scan. Two days later, he was, well, supposed to be our mailman. He delivered across the street, but when he made the turn around to come down our side of the street, (late), he drove like a bat out of hell, didn't stop at any of our mailboxes and we got no mail that day. It happened again last week, don't know if it was the same guy or not, but obviously either he was too slow, incompetent, or they didn't give him enough training.
    Helpful SamCro Rated helpful
    Like LoveMyPups, Carter, Nalamom14, deeg liked this post

JJStal is offline Honorable Member
    JJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the roughJJStal is a jewel in the rough

This definitely made me laugh!! haha. Should we assume that this "tracking system repair" should be completed by the year 2025? Actually, that may be giving USPS too much credit :roll eyes:

The CS Rep would have been better off simply stating "business as usual."
    Like LoveMyPups, mongoose, Carter, Nalamom14 liked this post

Much to my surprise, the phone rang this evening and I saw USPS on the caller ID, calling to first apologize and then tell me that the envelope was delivered today.
    Of course, he went on to say how much they value their customers, and that we are their eyes and ears in the field and don't know some things unless it is brought to their attention, and how much mail they process a day (sounded like he was reading from a script), But I still appreciated the call.
    Like SamCro, LoveMyPups, Carter, deeg liked this post

Much to my surprise, the phone rang this evening and I saw USPS on the caller ID, calling to first apologize and then tell me that the envelope was delivered today.
    Of course, he went on to say how much they value their customers, and that we are their eyes and ears in the field and don't know some things unless it is brought to their attention, and how much mail they process a day (sounded like he was reading from a script), But I still appreciated the call.
    Glad to hear !! Hopefullly someones gonna get the boot to the arse for this one and no more mail issues will arise in your area
    Like LoveMyPups liked this post

Well the issue was actually in New York, because we mailed it from here (southeast), it arrived in NY was sent out for delivery, but was "out for delivery" for 3 days.

Well the issue was actually in New York, because we mailed it from here (southeast), it arrived in NY was sent out for delivery, but was "out for delivery" for 3 days.
    Ok i got confused there for a bit with where the issue was but.. either way im glad things are worked out hopefully no more issues with that block period.. Better?

My package still has not shown up. USPS has opened a case on my missing package. Seriously not holding my breath! I think someone stole it.

My package still has not shown up. USPS has opened a case on my missing package. Seriously not holding my breath! I think someone stole it.
    You suggest someone stole it.. Might i ask what the contents were that would cause someone to steal said package???

Its very very very possible.. it just simply got lost.. Mail gets lost ALOT more then people realize .. Im sure with a bit of digging u can find where usps actually auctions off large bulk containers of mail thats been unclaimed damaged un deliverable so n and so forth... un readable address... blah blah blah

im just saying sh1t does happen so i wouldn't jump right out and suspect theif thats pretty unusual considering thats a felony punishable by what 20 years in prison? or something like that.. mail fraud is a huge prison sentence that no one really wants to play games with im sure. Logically speaking
    Helpful Nalamom14 Rated helpful

You suggest someone stole it.. Might i ask what the contents were that would cause someone to steal said package???

Its very very very possible.. it just simply got lost.. Mail gets lost ALOT more then people realize .. Im sure with a bit of digging u can find where usps actually auctions off large bulk containers of mail thats been unclaimed damaged un deliverable so n and so forth... un readable address... blah blah blah

im just saying sh1t does happen so i wouldn't jump right out and suspect theif thats pretty unusual considering thats a felony punishable by what 20 years in prison? or something like that.. mail fraud is a huge prison sentence that no one really wants to play games with im sure. Logically speaking
    Over the course of 1 year USPS has misplaced 13 packages of mine. I never had a problem in my old house when using USPS.
    These misplaced packages never show up they are just gone. I run a online store so I ship daily. I also buy things off eBay regularly.

I also use FedEx and ups and they have not lost one package. Knock on wood. So considering that I think someone is taking my packages. If you google post office stealing mail there are tons of different news stories of postal employees stealing. It's possible
    Helpful SamCro, Carter, Nalamom14 Rated helpful

Over the course of 1 year USPS has misplaced 13 packages of mine. I never had a problem in my old house when using USPS.
    These misplaced packages never show up they are just gone. I run a online store so I ship daily. I also buy things off eBay regularly.

I also use FedEx and ups and they have not lost one package. Knock on wood. So considering that I think someone is taking my packages. If you google post office stealing mail there are tons of different news stories of postal employees stealing. It's possible
    Your argument is valid however 13 packages could not have all been going to the same place that got stolen or lost i''ll assume so .. 13 package 13 differnt destinations 13 packages stolen? probability factor... eeps i dunno.. I hear ya tho its BS what yer going thru and im sorry im not trying to imply your at fault here clearly thats not the case!!

I just am shocked at 13 packages wow if theif is the case it has to be LOCAL or a sort facility in yer state thats doing it.. cause theres just no way 13 packages with 13 different address all got stolen ya know not likey..

Have u contacted the post master and had an investigation done now that 13 ?!?!?! have gone missing?! Thats outrageous id be going " postal " on the post master at that point.. ...13's a very unlucky number too some too :\ weird i wanna get off that number now lol

Your argument is valid however 13 packages could not have all been going to the same place that got stolen or lost i''ll assume so .. 13 package 13 differnt destinations 13 packages stolen? probability factor... eeps i dunno.. I hear ya tho its BS what yer going thru and im sorry im not trying to imply your at fault here clearly thats not the case!!

I just am shocked at 13 packages wow if theif is the case it has to be LOCAL or a sort facility in yer state thats doing it.. cause theres just no way 13 packages with 13 different address all got stolen ya know not likey..

Have u contacted the post master and had an investigation done now that 13 ?!?!?! have gone missing?! Thats outrageous id be going " postal " on the post master at that point.. ...13's a very unlucky number too some too :\ weird i wanna get off that number now lol
    I have inquired with my local post office. Of course they will investigate it. I think that it is happening either at my local po or in the Chicago sort facility. All packages I send go there to be sorted. Those are the only 2 places my packages all go to. Every package was going to people in different states. I insure most of my things so I am not out much money it's just principal. I will die if one day they all show up lol

I guess I need to just pay extra and ship through FedEx.
    Helpful SamCro Rated helpful

I have inquired with my local post office. Of course they will investigate it. I think that it is happening either at my local po or in the Chicago sort facility. All packages I send go there to be sorted. Those are the only 2 places my packages all go to. Every package was going to people in different states. I insure most of my things so I am not out much money it's just principal. I will die if one day they all show up lol

I guess I need to just pay extra and ship through FedEx.

Well to feed my own extreemly curious and harmlees nature i assure you would u pleaseeeee keep me updated on this thread??? Im curious to find out wtf is going on with the postal system 13 packages i would demand someones head over that.. Regardless if there insured or not the fact that you cant even relay on usps to ship and deliver is clearly a problem.. And forcing yer self and customers to use fedex or ups is gonna create a hassle for you as well.. Usps really dropped the ball on this one I can only hope they do there job and figure out where and who done it..

Good luck!!!!!
    Like LoveMyPups, cherryx liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast