NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 717 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tramadol: State-by-state regulations

Bnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really niceBnjar5 is just really nice

Post Good info on tramadol

check this site out gives a good run down on tramadol---http://www.erowid.org/pharms/tramado...adol_law.shtml

Jazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond reputeJazie has a reputation beyond repute
    Jazie has a reputation beyond repute
    I have through the years of many PK's after surgeries, injuries, dental, etc., never liked the "high" so to speak as I am a control freak. I climb walls on just one vicodin. Hell I hate taking fiorinal/codeine or no codeine formula (yes @alumni I have not figured out why fioricet is scheduled different), but I need my migraine meds and they are the only one right now for years that work.

Might sound silly, but I am afraid of Tram, never even taking it and have told my PCP I won't take it. I have read too many WD stories that it just scares the crap out of me. I also have (laugh here if you want) a list of antibiotics I won't take either as they made me sick taking.

I know in the next few years I will have more surgeries. I have a hip slowly going south from extreme sports when younger. I can only hope my luck holds as before and recovery is good.

If not, well I will be looking and hopefully options will still be open.
    “Nobody can hurt me without my permission" - Gandhi

3. Quote Originally Posted by drboris View Post
    Tramadol is not a controlled substance except for in Arkansas and Kentucky. (It's a schedule 4 controlled substance there). Since 2008 it also can't be dispensed legally on army bases.

If you try to buy tramadol from an international pharmacy it should be as easy as buying any other non-controlled medicine, such as ibuprofen.

But if you live in Arkansas or Kentucky and try to buy from an online pharmacy based in the US they will probably refuse to sell it to you.
    You state that if you buy tramadol from an international pharmacy it is similar to purchasing ibuprofen. What laws (if any) if you do not live in Arkansas or Kentucky, say you live in NY or CT, and buy tramadol from an online US pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura777 View Post
    You state that if you buy tramadol from an international pharmacy it is similar to purchasing ibuprofen. What laws (if any) if you do not live in Arkansas or Kentucky, say you live in NY or CT, and buy tramadol from an online US pharmacy.
    If you don't have a valid prescription and want to buy non-controlled substances online then if you buy from US-based online pharmacies you won't be breaking any laws, as far as I can tell, but don't treat this as qualified advice! Also, the medicine will often come with a 'prescription' attached, depending on which pharmacy you use.

5. My understanding is you need a prescription for Tramadol. A few years ago I went to a PM and they were only giving out prescriptions for Tramadol. However I was also seeing many OPs that were offering the same deal, but at a much more expensive rate. The point is you can get a prescription and save a ton of money, or you can buy it legally from foreign countries and pay an exzurbanant amount of money for the freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by drboris View Post
    If you don't have a valid prescription and want to buy non-controlled substances online then if you buy from US-based online pharmacies you won't be breaking any laws, as far as I can tell, but don't treat this as qualified advice! Also, the medicine will often come with a 'prescription' attached, depending on which pharmacy you use.
    The legal premise that underlies all of this question, whether it is state or federal law, is that it is illegal to "attempt to obtain, obtain or possess a prescription drug without a valid prescription issued in the usual course of a physician's professional practice." In other words, there must be a bona fide doctor/patient relationship.
    While the federal legislation enacted several years ago was specifically drafted to address the sale of controlled prescription medications on the Internet, it also served to further define the legal description of what a bona fide doctor/patient relationship must include.
    Other than establishing a legitimate patient medical complaint, taking a history and correlating the medication prescribed to the complaint and history, there must also be an actual physical examination of the patient performed by the physician in order to establish a bona fide doctor/patient relationship.
    Apparently, strict enforcement of this against web sites, doctors and pharmacies engaged in selling non-controlled drugs has not been a priority. However, there have been arrests and convictions obtained against individuals
    involved in these activities. It should not be considered legal despite the relative lack of enforcement.
    Last edited by alumni; 06-21-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    Helpful Stevo1 Rated helpful

drdooley will become famous soon enoughdrdooley will become famous soon enoughdrdooley will become famous soon enoughdrdooley will become famous soon enough

Tramadol and Soma were both schedule 6 or 5 for a long time, but for some reason there have been changes in both..a lot of states are making both schedule 4, which makes them more difficult to obtain.

I have however had very good luck ordering Ultram and Soma through jumprx, they ship really quickly, but their prices are kind of high for the medicines that they offer.

8. I have always found that Tramadol works awesome for pain and for making you feel great. At least it works that way in me. I know that it has no effect on certain people and I also know that it affects your Seratonin levels. For whoever said that you can't go through withdrawl from going off of Trams has apparently never went through it. I have ran out before I could get my next month's supply and it feels like a VERY bad case of the flu. Now I have never been through any other kind of withdrawl so I can't compare it to any other kind of withdrawl but it definitely sucks. I am hoping and praying that they do NOT make Tramadol a scheduled medication!

m3nt0r will become famous soon enoughm3nt0r will become famous soon enough

You should google your state to find out the legality but for the most states it is not controlled but you still need a prescription.

10. ive posted in other threads but Tramadol is a Schedule 4 in Illinois as of January 1st, 2012, so you can add another state to the list
    Helpful Clgo Rated helpful

dsteury is offline Banned Reason: Constantly Disgruntled user, offending and attacking other members of the forum.
    dsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the rough

Buy a subscription to Lex-Nexis. If would be easier than wasting peoples time asking here.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Bnjar5 View Post
    check this site out gives a good run down on tramadol--
    This is helpful, thank you! Tramadol helps with my TMJ pain without making me sick like Codeine does. It also blocks any high that hydrocodone or Oxys would give me. Nice to feel good but better to be without pain.

13. starting on november 25th 2012 tramadol will become a class IV controlled substance in new york state.

Whisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the roughWhisperjet727 is a jewel in the rough

IMHO, the war on drugs in the USA was lost many years ago, (nose powder, and, Hxxxxx)
    However, for several reasons;
    1. to protect many Federal Jobs (DEA) another excuse had to be found. WHO statistics of OD hospital admissions, etc.
    2. Statisticians, have proven, with the aging yuppie population, and people living longer than ever, with worn out
    bodies, and, ongoing debatable wars in the middle east, with long term wounded soldiers, that "Pain meds" is
    the target since the millinium. Namely, USA Schedule II, or in Mexico Groupo I meds. These refer to any form
    of pill, capsule, tablet containing 0xycodone, a C-II, and, any other CII, including "Stimulants" which, along with
    pain meds, have seen a significant rise, in yearly prescriptions written...for most of this past decade. Two
    entirely different drugs, one for chronic pain, and one, for, ADHD, Narcolepsy, and on occasion, for "Treatment
    Resistant Depression patients, (Refractory Depression) as a last resort, before ECT treatments.

Florida has seen radical changes since 2009.
    1. Florida, "finally" passed a law to join the Prescription Monitoring Program. (now active in nearly 40 states)
    2, The 60 pain pill clinics in Dade County, has dropped, since 2009, + Broward County.
    3. A federal task force spent a ton of hours in 2010, with the MD offices monitored, and patients followed.
    4. Previous to 2010, many with a out of state drivers license, could get 112 tabs of 0xy + 60 tabs of Xanax mnthly.
    5. Visit no 1, $300.00, visit, no 2, $200.00 cash only pills dispensed at M.D/pain clinic. usually 10/325 0xy x 112.
    6. New laws, are a MRi less than 1 yr old, medical records, a Fla license and local address & ph number...plus
    5. After all these hoops in 2012, all one gets is 112 10/325 hydrocodone, and, 6o Xanax. No refills. 1st visit still $300
    2nd visit, $200 cash. if one shows up doctor shopping, on the 40 state data base, you are cut off. (PMP program).
    Therefore a trip to South Florida, will show up most likely, on your home states, independent or chain pharmacy
    data base, you were issued a C-II in Florida, blowing, your chances of a local M.D to fill the same C-II in the same
    month, plus the danger of your local M.D dismissing you, by a call from the Pharmacy Police, or the M.D's on
    PMP check via computer with Intellisearch, a 5 yr history in 3 minutes time, of every medcation dispensed to you,
    in the majority, of the United States. (the hold outs, are mostly rural, unpopulated states, with the exception of MD.

Finally, a very close friend, recovering from bladder cancer, and a Vietnam War Veteran, told me, the VA started
    cracking down on dispensing C-II's either 0xy, or Methadone, and the strongest narcotic they now dispense is
    Norco 10/325, or hydrocodone 10/325's.

There are exceptions to every word I printed, thus the obvious, multiple broken up patients, who have been on
    0xy Contin, or Avinza for years, (or Dilaudid), are in the minority, and still get their meds, but they NEED THEM,
    thus, no oversupply anymore. Prices are high on the street, "if you can even find them".

rmjiujitsurises is offline Banned Reason: making board a mess even after several warnings

i hope they dont make tramadol a scheduled drug,some people are telling me on here it will and wont be able to get it anymore on op i live in texa si pray that they dont

rmjiujitsurises is offline Banned Reason: making board a mess even after several warnings

i hope they dont make tramadol a scheduled drug,though some people on here are telling me they will,i live in texas,so im hoping ill still be able to get my tram on op.

Quote Originally Posted by rmjiujitsu View Post
    i hope they dont make tramadol a scheduled drug,some people are telling me on here it will and wont be able to get it anymore on op i live in texa si pray that they dont
    All the prayers you can offer up isn't going to help you with this one.
    Like maryamoclock liked this post

@billyboy1965 why is that billy?

Quote Originally Posted by rmjiujitsu View Post
    @billyboy1965 why is that billy?
    (1) I'm not spiritual.
    (2) It's already started.

@billyboy1965 that was a figure of speech yes their making certain states schedule but not all states,no one said anything about being spiritual

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast